Recalled/Assigned: Alexandre Fortin

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Finally.

I expect that Fortin was not brought in to sit in the press box. There are a few options for Stan/Q to ponder. I'd like to see Fortin in ..... and one of Johnson, Kruger, Kunitz or Kampf sit out.

I think Highmore/Edjsell would have gotten the call first if it was to play. Maybe Sikura depending on how he looks.

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Send Martinsen to Rockford. Injury or not. He has no value to this team.
I’d rather Fortin be playing in Rockford and Martinsen be our guy riding press box duty... as long as Q doesn’t go full Q and insert him right back in the lineup when he’s healthy.

Reactions: bwana63

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
His line has been doing fine analytically.

They have been solid from the eye test as well. Some people just don't like AA.

James Naveau (who might be the worst hockey person in Chicago, honestly he makes the worst hot takes on earth and is just plain clueless in regards to the game) spent a solid 2-3 minutes talking about how poorly AA has played this season. Not even remotely accurate.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I thought AA has looked much quicker on the ice than last year. He isn't going to razzle dazzle out there, but I am not sure we could ever say we had a better #3 center with the talent and overall game he brings than AA...there were years he would have clearly been the best #2C we could have had..AA is the least of our concerns this season.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
Sitting Fortin is just dumb. He’s chomping at the bit to play...put him in. Extra energy on the road is a great thing.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I thought AA has looked much quicker on the ice than last year. He isn't going to razzle dazzle out there, but I am not sure we could ever say we had a better #3 center with the talent and overall game he brings than AA...there were years he would have clearly been the best #2C we could have had..AA is the least of our concerns this season.

I'd take prime pre injuries Bolland, but I otherwise agree with your point.

Reactions: jls24

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Interesting. As long as it’s Johnson coming out I don’t mind Fortin drawing in for a game. Agree with BK on the lines. Kunitz is a Q guy though, don’t think he gets relegated to the fourth line that quickly.

Really hope Jokiharju is good to go. That’d be a big blow to lose him for a divisional game right now.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Interesting. As long as it’s Johnson coming out I don’t mind Fortin drawing in for a game. Agree with BK on the lines. Kunitz is a Q guy though, don’t think he gets relegated to the fourth line that quickly.

Really hope Jokiharju is good to go. That’d be a big blow to lose him for a divisional game right now.
What's a Q guy? Old and slow?

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
If it is indeed Martinsen that’s hurt, I doubt he’s even up to play.

After toiling in the AHL for his (albeit short) pro career a young prospect gets promoted to the NHL for the first time and doesn't even see the ice? Not exactly a boost to the old ego, is it. I think it would be much smarter to play him in at least one game..... but who knows with this dysfunctional org.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
After toiling in the AHL for his (albeit short) pro career a young prospect gets promoted to the NHL for the first time and doesn't even see the ice? Not exactly a boost to the old ego, is it. I think it would be much smarter to play him in at least one game..... but who knows with this dysfunctional org.

Did you not see that Fortin is slated to play?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad