Recalled/Assigned: Alexandre Fortin

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
I still think he lacks finish, hopefully that part improves.

Agreed. I don't think his hands are that great. To me, he's similar to Hinostroza that his hands right now can't keep up with his feet but he doesn't have Hino's hands in general. Admittedly, it's still a very small sample size so we'll see.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
As a long time Fortin fanboy I'm stoked to see him play with Schmaltz and Kane. Hopefully he acquits himself well - wouldn't that be a very pleasant surprise. He doesn't have to score many goals to effectively complement that line - he needs to use his speed to forecheck and cause havoc in the o-zone so Schmaltz and Kane can play their two man cycle game more often. With Schmaltz' faceoff problems - they aren't going to get possession unless it's in transition out of d-zone or by getting the opponent to cough it up because of our forecheck - which is where Fortin comes in.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
As a long time Fortin fanboy I'm stoked to see him play with Schmaltz and Kane. Hopefully he acquits himself well - wouldn't that be a very pleasant surprise. He doesn't have to score many goals to effectively complement that line - he needs to use his speed to forecheck and cause havoc in the o-zone so Schmaltz and Kane can play their two man cycle game more often. With Schmaltz' faceoff problems - they aren't going to get possession unless it's in transition out of d-zone or by getting the opponent to cough it up because of our forecheck - which is where Fortin comes in.

Litmus test, for sure. Almost everyone expects the Hawks to send him back down soon, but what if he thrives in that role? A guy can hope, amirite?

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I give him 12 minutes into the first period until Q puts Saad back on Kanes line.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Litmus test, for sure. Almost everyone expects the Hawks to send him back down soon, but what if he thrives in that role? A guy can hope, amirite?
Tom Wilson plays with Ovi, Patrick Maroon played with McDavid then Hall...yes those are bigger guys and play those lines for a reason, but this kid can obviously keep up, if he can just find a way to produce something he can make a career out of being a complimentary wheel like many others have...you don't get many chances like this, hope he takes it and runs with it because this is likely where Hino would be playing right now if still here.

Reactions: BobbyJet

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
OK Fort in did not finish but he did generate ...6-7 scoring chances grade A ...he was fine defensively...almost scored a goal that just hit the bottom outside of the right post ...play like last night and he will score.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
OK Fort in did not finish but he did generate ...6-7 scoring chances grade A ...he was fine defensively...almost scored a goal that just hit the bottom outside of the right post ...play like last night and he will score.

Allen stoned him on another occasion, both looked like sure goals. After a few nervous shifts in first period I think Fortin did a commendable job.

Reactions: Fortyfives

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad