Confirmed with Link: Alexandre Burrows joins Laval staff

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Nope. I look at every move individually. Just because Bouchard is a better coach then Lefebvre doesn't mean he won't make decisions that I don't endorse and support.

It's the same way I'm able to praise some moves Bergevin makes but also be leading the charge to have him being fired.
Consider this the first of many moves you won't endorse or support then I guess...

Reactions: jaffy27

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Nope. I look at every move individually. Just because Bouchard is a better coach then Lefebvre doesn't mean he won't make decisions that I don't endorse and support.

It's the same way I'm able to praise some moves Bergevin makes but also be leading the charge to have him being fired.

The difference is that we are able to put the entire work that Bergevin did and now we don't trust him for anything. Bouchard just came in. Just like Bergevin...how about we give him the benefit of the doubt for a while. Not sure why he shouldn't have it while Bergevin, that we dislike now, had it for quite a few years.....You said at least Carrière had coaching experience...when all is said and done, we will see who will go further in coaching.....

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
No Jacobs. His assistant coach.
Well he already hired him...he hired Burrows for one of the other assistant coach jobs, which by the way, no one even knows what his functions will be.

Which brings me back to my point.

We're talking about the assistant head coach of the farm team lol

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
DhbwfIyWsAAU3NJ.jpg

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Players that went from playing to assistant-coaching in the AHL:
Kerry Huffman
Peter Andersson
Trent Whitfield
Matt Carkner
Eric Boguniecki
Chris Terreri
Joey Mormina
Doug Janik
Michael Ryan

This is ONLY the Atlantic Section from 2017-2018. Not saying they started this year to coach but when they started to coach, it was as an assistant and coming right from their playing career....

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Man it owns so much how upset you guys get over **** like this lol. You're out here making lists over an AHL assistant coach man!

Burrows was a scumbag his entire career, not a guy I want being a role model for my developmental system. Besides being hated his entire career, what qualifications does he have again? I'll hang up the phone and wait for your response.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Stupid as hell.

He has 0 coaching experience. At least Carriers son coached a garbage div 3 program.
He doesn’t have to manage games, that’s on Bouchard.....if anything, you probably want him learning from Joel.....

The guy knows practice, he’s been in them his entire life, think he’ll be a guy that the players will gravitate too, the guy was a good player, scored some goals and came from an unorthodox path to the NHL

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Burrows was a ******* his entire career, not a guy I want being a role model for my developmental system. Besides being hated his entire career, what qualifications does he have again? I'll hang up the phone and wait for your response.
Without looking...quickly name me 10 AHL assistant coaches and their qualifications.

(don't cheat)

Edit - forget 10...even 5 will do

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Burrows was a ******* his entire career, not a guy I want being a role model for my developmental system. Besides being hated his entire career, what qualifications does he have again? I'll hang up the phone and wait for your response.

Can you look at the list I provided for the assistant coach in the sole and only Atlantic division in 17-18....or do you really need me to continue with every other freakin divisions out there? What were their qualificiations?

Reactions: vokiel and jaffy27

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Only Bouchard can answer that......I’ll trust Bouchard decision

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Great hire - he was a good player and a hard worker. Undrafted. Had to earn every minute of ice time with hard work. Sorry to learn he retired but hope he finds a second wind in coaching. Hope this works out well :)

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
I don't hate this. Look at any AHL bench, hell even some NHL teams. Almost all of them have former players with no coaching experience. And Burrows worked his way to the top so I think he could be a good mentor for our boys.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Okay...I'll continue the list...using my lunch time now just for you guys...

OTHERS THROUGHOUT THE AHL
Mike Knuble
Sheldon Brookbank
Scott Ford
Brett McLean
Steve McCarthy
Sergei Brylin
Jason King
Jeff Halpern
John Slaney

And there are surely others.

Reactions: Chris Cutter

shamrun

Jun 5, 2008
vancouver
Guess we will have to wait and see how this turns out. People might be following the rockets over the habs this year.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I really don't see the problem. Bouchard and Jacobs have coaching experience but Burrows brings the present NHL to the kids in the AHL. He just came out of it. He'll be able to be there for them and tell them exactly what is needed to move up. While the ''coaching'' will be mostly between Bouchard and Jacobs, of course Burrows will be there and give his opinions. But you can bet that you will hear Burrows say how he will let Joel run his ship and will be there in support. It's a coaching staff that I like. And think it has a fine mix.

Reactions: vokiel and jaffy27

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Not against it, he's got the hockey life experience
A little bit bizarre: Didn't think he would end up coaching in AHL as opposed to CHL.
I don't think he's from Bergevin's family.

neopreneur

Sponsor
Jul 12, 2004
Aylmer, Qc
Burrows is apparently an excellent communicator, and he's fresh out of the NHL which was mentioned by others. I suspect his role will be the "good guy" type of coach, like Muller.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I really don't see the problem. Bouchard and Jacobs have coaching experience but Burrows brings the present NHL to the kids in the AHL. He just came out of it. He'll be able to be there for them and tell them exactly what is needed to move up. While the ''coaching'' will be mostly between Bouchard and Jacobs, of course Burrows will be there and give his opinions. But you can bet that you will hear Burrows say how he will let Joel run his ship and will be there in support. It's a coaching staff that I like. And think it has a fine mix.

yea that's how I see it, since Bouchard and Jacobs are there, I don't have an issue with bringing in someone that doesn't have experience coaching but does have lots of NHL experience. At least it's not an employees son this time around.

Reactions: neopreneur

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
This guy would certainly bring CHaracter and Attitoode. Nothing against him, but it would be nice if we more frequently added ex-NHLers to the coaching staff that were top 6 skill forwards and top 3 D.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00