1- French
2 - Local guy
3 - Underachiever and overpaid once he got his contract
4 - Smart like a bag of hammers
5 - Can't take a punch
6 - Delivered cheap shots his entire career
7 - Karakter

Perfect.

Man it owns so much how upset you guys get over shit like this lol. You're out here making lists over an AHL assistant coach man!

darknife2311

Jun 29, 2018
still bizzare when yesterday Bouchard said he wanted to take his time to complete his coaching staff loll

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

I think Arpon is laying it on a bit thick...

Burrows was hired because he's close with Bouchard, and in coaching circles, this happens in every city...

Anyone who thought Bouchard was going to revolutionize coaching in Laval, think again...

Reactions: zeeto

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Yes? Why would assistant coaches in the CHL, NCAA, BCHL, etc. Not be looking for a promotion?
To be assistant coach in the AHL?

Depending in what CHL, NCAA, program they're in...they're better off staying where they are.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Fits the criteria :

1- French
2 - Local guy
3 - Underachiever and overpaid once he got his contract
4 - Smart like a bag of hammers
5 - Can't take a punch
6 - Delivered cheap shots his entire career
7 - Karakter

Perfect.

And there is the inevitable post. Congratulations.

You're right. Putting terrible coaches and unqualified people on our AHL staff has proven very fruitful for the past 7 seasons.

Well at least you can't blame this one on bergevin.

darknife2311

Jun 29, 2018
I think Arpon is laying it on a bit thick...

Burrows was hired because he's close with Bouchard, and in coaching circles, this happens in every city...

Anyone who thought Bouchard was going to revolutionize coaching in Laval, think again...
you can not doubt Bouchard's coaching skills .. the proofs were made in the junior.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
As big of a piece of **** he could be on the ice, he went from an undrafted player working his way from the ECHL to almost playing 1,000 career NHL games.

If Bouchard thinks he'll be an asset behind the bench, I have no problem with it - the guy is working his way towards being a coach or management position in the NHL, so he wouldn't just be putting his friends over his career.

Reactions: Vachon23

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You're right. Putting terrible coaches and unqualified people on our AHL staff has proven very fruitful for the past 7 seasons.
The head coach of the Laval Rocket is Joel Bouchard, a coach many here clamored for, Alex Burrows is not the head coach.

I personally didn't care either way for Bouchard, I think it's much to do about nothing, but everyone here seems convinced he's the second coming...

Well if you believe in Bouchard...you should support this move, no?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
To be assistant coach in the AHL?

Depending in what CHL, NCAA, program they're in...they're better off staying where they are.

Really weird how somehow Bouchard worked with in the CHL wanted to take a lower job in the AHL (pro league btw which pays more and has more NHL personnel watching)

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The head coach of the Laval Rocket is Joel Bouchard, a coach many here clamored for, Alex Burrows is not the head coach.

I personally didn't care either way for Bouchard, I think it's much to do about nothing, but everyone here seems convinced he's the second coming...

Well if you believe in Bouchard...you should support this move, no?

Nope. I look at every move individually. Just because Bouchard is a better coach then Lefebvre doesn't mean he won't make decisions that I don't endorse and support.

It's the same way I'm able to praise some moves Bergevin makes but also be leading the charge to have him being fired.

Darz

Sep 22, 2002
Where's the ANY key?
Visit site
Bouchard wants him as an assistant, I don't see a problem with this.

We are talking an assistant at the AHL level.....don't see any problem with this at all.

If he was to enter into another teams coaching ladder and in a few years was considered a good coach, we would all be whining about another French coach that got away from the habs.

If Burrows doesn't work out, I'm sure it won't be hard to let him go and replace him.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Really weird how somehow Bouchard worked with in the CHL wanted to take a lower job in the AHL (pro league btw which pays more and has more NHL personnel watching)
Yes...to be a HEAD COACH in the AHL.

He didn't leave his cushy CHL job to be an ASSISTANT in the AHL.

Again, this isn't exactly a high profile position. I mean, who did you expect Bouchard to bring in as a 3rd right hand man? Lindy Ruff? Alain Vigneault?

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yes...to be a HEAD COACH in the AHL.

He didn't leave his cushy CHL job to be an ASSISTANT in the AHL.

Again, this isn't exactly a high profile position. I mean, who did you expect Bouchard to bring in as a 3rd right hand man? Lindy Ruff? Alain Vigneault?

No Jacobs. His assistant coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad