Status
Not open for further replies.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I don't think ov is a bad captain. I do think partying in the offseason his way to the blubber list isn't leading by example.

You get the complete contradiction between those two sentences though, right?

How can one be a good captain when he doesn't lead by example? Its not a requirement that a leader be a vocal, rah rah type of locker room cheerleader guy. It is a requirement that he does all the little things right, specifically the things that are purely effort/dedication related. If a lesser talented player showed up to training camp fat as a house, he'd get cut.

Frankly being in shape isn't really even a "little thing". Its table stakes for getting out of the gates quickly and also for making runs into mid/late June.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
ah we're to OV being fat, i like the new stuff but its fun to hear the classics once in awile

Halpysback*

ah we're to OV being fat, i like the new stuff but its fun to hear the classics once in awile

wait til they bring out the he's gonna have a bad year because he's partying too hard in Moscow card :laugh:

Ovechkin = goose that laid the golden egg x 1000

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
alex-ovechkin-dynamo-captain-607x404.jpg

Halpysback*

Ovi bashing makes me sad.

On the bright side thanks to this beauty of a team GMGM assembled for this upcoming season, if we don't go far again in the playoffs we will finally, conclusively know that it's because Ovechkin sucks at leading.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I can never get enough reading through the beginnings of this thread.

Bill The Character Guy bashing Ovie with the zest of a Red Wings fan in guise of a Caps fan yet not coming back to dine on the crow.

I was giving an Ovechkin trade serious consideration. I'll take half my crow now, and half next season when he does it again.

Chibi?

He not only did it last season but on the verge of doing it again. Extra serving of crow for you? hmmmm :)

Last edited:

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
He does appear to be roaring back.

hahahaha

IF he wins the rocket and art ross and the Caps make the playoffs I don't see how he won't win the Hart.

Leads the league in pts, goals, GWG, PPG, shots, top 10 in hits. Keep it up Ovie!

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Here you go everybody, how appetizing does this look?

istock_000014734522xsmall22.jpg

Exactly NBTW.

Its amazing looking back at it how so many people here wanted to run him out of town with foolish trade proposals or visions of doom and gloom.

This should be a cautionary tale ....don't over react and make knee jerk reactions. Not for a bad game, a bad week, a bad month, a bad season etc

Reading this book... although it's about baseball, I am nonetheless seeing a parallel.

AO is hockey's version of Ty Cobb.

I'm sorry to say, even though he played in a Tiger uniform (I LOVE that the team still uses that same uni)... and he was the greatest hitter of all-time... he was a very self-centered, selfish man.

Cobb played the game to embellish his own stats. His own teammates have admitted this... and they hated him for it.

AO is in it for himself too. He's never gonna have any Yzerman in him: changing his game to make the team better.

So... if we cannot load our dressing room enough to overcome this (like Pittsburgh did when #66 was on the team), AO teams will end up like Tiger teams did.

This was the most epic FAIL of FAIL posts in the whole thread. A not so subtle dig at the Caps while pumping the Red Wings.

I like Bill. But he really needs to come back here to chow down. But he won't. Not his style. He'll swoop in when the Caps or Ovie are down and say something along the lines of "something something RED WINGS ROCK!"

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Enjoy it boyz. This may be the best he's played in his career. We will likely go the rest of our lives as Caps fans and never see a star like Ovy.

DukeDog13

Dec 10, 2010
Richmond, VA
Oh my god, I forgot this thread existed. Whenever I'm feeling down or just sad, I'm going to go back and read through this. And then *POOF* like ****ing magic, everything will be hilarious again.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Said it when he was struggling, and it rings true now: we are truly lucky to be able to call him a Capital. He is the best DC athlete in my lifetime and I just want to see him raise the Cup.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=98544809&postcount=7

There's a very good argument to be made that we're watching the greatest goal scorer of all time.

Top-5, maybe top-3, but I can't put him past a few guys. I have him 4th right now. It's a pleasure to watch. I hope Caps fans remember the good times when Ovy starts to slip or just has another down year. We lucked into a franchise saving draft pick that's for sure. McPhee's greatest success, winning a ping pong ball game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad