Alexander Ovechkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Just once I'd like to see these guys act pissed and refuse to play until next season. I guess it's ho hum, onto the next city and game.

Did it occur to you that perhaps it helps them get over the pain of our loss? I would probably do the same thing. If I knew how to skate I would go out and play a hockey game right now, I'm so heartbroken. Instead I'm playing soccer tonight, next best thing.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
God this is terrible. Why is Ovechkin not being pissed and not playing hockey? He should sit around and sulk, not score goals!

Ovi 1 + 1, Russia wins 4-0. Gave the puck back to Malkin to get the ENG.

Sep 19, 2008
Perhaps the happiest I've ever been that the USA lost, let alone got blown out.

Get that gold tomorrow.

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Kind of expected, the Russian management wanted Orlov.

Too many people look at the forwards and think somehow they are supposed to compete. Ovechkin, Malkin, and Datsyuk are all top 10 players, but when your best dman is Markov... Then who is it after that? Emelin? These are #3 and #4 defenseman on a decent NHL team.

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Kind of expected, the Russian management wanted Orlov.

Too many people look at the forwards and think somehow they are supposed to compete. Ovechkin, Malkin, and Datsyuk are all top 10 players, but when your best dman is Markov... Then who is it after that? Emelin? These are #3 and #4 defenseman on a decent NHL team.

And Russia ain't looking too good up the middle for the future either.

Datsyuk retiring will leave a gaping hole down the middle.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Much talking about the grim situation tonight after the game. Some ppl think it will be much better when those will play who went to hockey schools last 2-3 years.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
It's not really surprising at this point. Just outclassed as far as overall organization and defense.

But I have faith in Kuz's generation...

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
Malkin, Kuznetsov, Anisimov, Namestnikov/Tikhonov.

It's not that great, but it's not bad either.

I didn't see most of it, but from what I did, the Russians weren't going to the hard areas to get the puck, the Canadians were. Russian's have talent, but they need to be able to counter the way the Canadians play if they are going to find success regularly.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
I didn't see most of it, but from what I did, the Russians weren't going to the hard areas to get the puck, the Canadians were. Russian's have talent, but they need to be able to counter the way the Canadians play if they are going to find success regularly.

I watched the whole game. Canadians just had more skill and speed, it's that simple. Russians just didn't have ideas on how to deliver the puck to the net, while Canadians outnumbered them regularly.

Russians need a genius coach to win against an easily stronger opponent, and Znarok isn't one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad