Player Discussion Alexander Khokhlachev - part III

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
He seemed to play well under Cassidy. I just don't see a reason why he would come to the B's after sounding off to the media before he left. Unless he is fine playing on the 4th line, there really isn't any room for him at center because of Coyle and once the Bruins most likely re-sign Krejci.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I had season tickets to Spartak Moscow, they played just 20 minutes from my apartment.
He isn't an NHL talent.

He scored alot of points for Spartak his first year, but he was the best player on a bad team. He got all the offensive TOI and was put in a position to score.

He played on a championship team in Omsk and was the 6th leading scorer on his team and only scored 5 points in 24 playoff games.

The KHL is full of players too good for the AHL, but not good enough for the NHL. Larger ice gives time and space for players who think the game a half a second too slow.

Can't help the Bruins

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Who is the Khoko fan here like Blowfish was to Zinovjev....:laugh:

Yes Me...I was a curious fan because he had success in Providence (under Cassidy) however Claude refused to give him regular minutes. My faness was more disappointment Koko wasn't given a fair shot. With Cassidy behind the bench anything is possible but doubt Koko returns to Boston/NHL.

Koko hasn't performed well in KHL (see above) and he ain't no Zino who went on to be a top tier player in Russia.

Reactions: ranold26

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
Only thing I remember about him is he always looked like he was wearing shoulder pads that were too big for his body haha.

Reactions: Blowfish

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Stand down everyone

Pepehands-Real.png

:laugh:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
It's been known in Russia for a month since Alexander KhoKHLachev told Avangard Omsk that he would not be returning (after winning a championship) that he wanted to come back to North America.

There were some discussion with the Bruins but KhoKHLachev was not interested in a two-way deal ($200,000 versus $1,000,000 + in the KHL).

Unknown whether he has an NHL out clause at this time. Also unknown if he was given permission to seek out a deal with any other club.

Bruins now lose his rights, last of the 2011 draft class. Well, officially on July 28th but if he doesn't have an out clause and doesn't sign, well he's gone. Sorry @Blowfish

Reactions: Blowfish

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
It's been known in Russia for a month since Alexander KhoKHLachev told Avangard Omsk that he would not be returning (after winning a championship) that he wanted to come back to North America.

There were some discussion with the Bruins but KhoKHLachev was not interested in a two-way deal ($200,000 versus $1,000,000 + in the KHL).

Unknown whether he has an NHL out clause at this time. Also unknown if he was given permission to seek out a deal with any other club.

Bruins now lose his rights, last of the 2011 draft class. Well, officially on July 28th but if he doesn't have an out clause and doesn't sign, well he's gone. Sorry @Blowfish

Had I known 800 k was the difference maker I would have started a bringbackKoko go fund me.

Oh well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad