Player Discussion Alexander Khokhlachev - part III

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Yeah, it looks like Boston doesn't promise him anything, and he decides to stay in the KHL.

nor should they "promise" him anything. Total guess here but my suspicion is he`s enjoying playing at home, making $$ and has no drive or passion to push himself to win a NHL roster spot or to ride the buses in the AHL

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
nor should they "promise" him anything. Total guess here but my suspicion is he`s enjoying playing at home, making $$ and has no drive or passion to push himself to win a NHL roster spot or to ride the buses in the AHL

Sweeney was at a disadvantage here. He has a playoff series to worry about and not contract negotiations. Spartak had time to close it before the Bruins had a chance.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Sweeney was at a disadvantage here. He has a playoff series to worry about and not contract negotiations. Spartak had time to close it before the Bruins had a chance.

Thx Dom,

I have never been on the Koko train as much as some here, thought there was some talent there, not as much as others thought and I have to wonder if Koko see`s what most here do, this is now an organization who`s stocked up that cupboard pretty full with prospects, still has it`s core going pretty good and Koko would be far from a shoe-in to break camp with the big team?

Reactions: JOKER 192

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Reactions: GloryDaze4877

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Fenian's response:

"Good. I'm glad Wayne Kokoretzky is staying in Russia where he belongs. He's a crybaby and will never make it in the NHL. Soft player who I despise. Can't wait until he's out of the Bruins organization so I don't have to read about Mario Kokomieux."

I'm looking forward to posters ranting and raving about how other people should earn a living.

Reactions: William Faulkner

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Fenian's response:

"Good. I'm glad Wayne Kokoretzky is staying in Russia where he belongs. He's a crybaby and will never make it in the NHL. Soft player who I despise. Can't wait until he's out of the Bruins organization so I don't have to read about Mario Kokomieux."

This was the funniest post I have seen in some time.

Bravo.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Bruins, Alexander Khokhlachev Have Talked About NHL Return

With the Bruins thriving under a new system that encourages speed and skill across the board (and in a league featuring more of that by the day), the B's and Alexander Khokhlachev could have a reunion of sorts in the works somewhere down the line.

This is something that's quietly floated around in the background for some time now, and only intensified over the past year or so (Sportsnet's Elliotte Friedman first brought this back to light this past November), and with the Bruins reportedly meeting with 'Koko' in Moscow last winter in an attempt to talk things over.

But this latest confirmation of this possibility came with Bruins general manager Don Sweeney outright admitting that there's been positive communication between Khokhlachev and the Black and Gold front office in the past year.

"Khokhlachev indicated to us originally during the year that he was interested [in returning to Boston]," Sweeney said. "He did re-sign back in Russia, so I don’t know if necessarily – we had some preliminary talks and where he’d fit."

Khokhlachev's interest in a Boston return likely comes back to the fact that Bruce Cassidy is now running the bench in Boston.

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad