Prospect Info: Alexander Holtz (Part II)

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
13 shots in 3 games me gusta
tenor.gif

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Is that AHL.tv cameraman drunk? He is almost all the time zooming that player who have the puck so much that you cant see what is happening elsewhere on the ice. f***ing annoying!

At least Holtz looking good!
She is quite terrible, it is the end of the year and she is still caught asking if a shootout follows OT. At one point she left the camera panned at center ice as the play went into the offensive zone, I couldn't see a thing. I assume she left her station. This has been consistent all year.

Last edited:

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I wish I could watch. I know it is a tiny sample size but how is Holtz looking compared to the rest of the team? Does he stand out at all ? Can he keep up to the pace of the game? Does he look lost at all or does it look like he is somewhat ok with the style of game that’s being played ? Long story short .. does he look like he has potential to be a stud?
No pressure but he HAS to hit and be a top line winger lol.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I wish I could watch. I know it is a tiny sample size but how is Holtz looking compared to the rest of the team? Does he stand out at all ? Can he keep up to the pace of the game? Does he look lost at all or does it look like he is somewhat ok with the style of game that’s being played ? Long story short .. does he look like he has potential to be a stud?

It's really hard to watch Binghampton games. The camera work on home games is just awful, and aside from that, the team is just bad and gets caved on a regular basis. Frankly, it makes individual player evaluations difficult.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Only a stylistic comparison but Holtz has a lot of Ovechkin-isms to his game. Not just the shot but the way he drifts and anticipates. Everything is an excuse to find a way to get into shooting position. Generally liked how he moved without the puck too. Gut says he's probably too sharp for an extended stay in the AHL. I also feel like, with his frame, it would be a shame if he didn't develop the physical side of his game more.

Thanks @thethinglonger for your work and your channel. A great resource.

youryeah

Jun 21, 2019

from what I've seen, yes. loves to shoot the puck which we all know and seemed very confident out there especially when he scored his first goal.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
It's really hard to watch Binghampton games. The camera work on home games is just awful, and aside from that, the team is just bad and gets caved on a regular basis. Frankly, it makes individual player evaluations difficult.
The camera work is beyond awful. It’s indescribable bad, to point of being not functional at times. That they have the balls to give this footage to a service that people pay money for is embarrassing. And don’t care at all who made the specific hiring decision. Not even a little. The Devils own the AHL franchise, it’s their fault as an organization, not some rando at Bing or the Barnabas rink or whatever. That’s a lack of caring about fans and quality of production, as small as is it is, that I don’t like to see.

Dennehy has only been the since 2018, the had a incredible 2nd half season push cut short last year and this whole AHL fake season is hot mess. And I’ll say it over and over, a team will struggle without strength at center and defense. And you need experience as well talent at the pro level, unless you’re literally Jamie Drysdale.

With the cancellation of OHL there were just too many rookie or young defensemen needing to play. If you look at the Phantoms, their top pair has the 21 yo rookie prospect Wyatt Wylie with the 28 yo vet tweener Tyler Wotherspoon, who’s played 30 NHL games over 4 years. They also pair 20 yo prospect Cam York with 26 yo Chris Bigras, a tweener played 45 games with the Avs before the Rangers traded Ryan Graves for him at the 2018 TDL. (I will never pass up a chance to mention that trade.)

You get the idea. If this wasn’t a weird shortened season Bing’s loosey goosey kid pairing would probably really get out of hand but it’s not a normal season. Next year Utica is going to have to look different. At goal for one. With things like presumably a younger, healthier version of Ben Street replacing Ben Street. But harshly judging our prospects when the Phantoms are benefiting vet defensemen and goalie Zane McIntyre is wrong. I’ll stop saying it because in the end people will believe or not. (I’ll probably end up saying it again. Soon.)

I don’t know if people have to get too hung up on ranking these defensemen right now on this drunk convenience store security camera footage. Who they’re paired with and which lines they play against and in which situations are all factors in how these players might look too. Next year’s camp is going to be lit though.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
The camera work is beyond awful. It’s indescribable bad, to point of being not functional at times. That they have the balls to give this footage to a service that people pay money for is embarrassing. And don’t care at all who made the specific hiring decision. Not even a little. The Devils own the AHL franchise, it’s their fault as an organization, not some rando at Bing or the Barnabas rink or whatever. That’s a lack of caring about fans and quality of production, as small as is it is, that I don’t like to see.

Dennehy has only been the since 2018, the had a incredible 2nd half season push cut short last year and this whole AHL fake season is hot mess. And I’ll say it over and over, a team will struggle without strength at center and defense. And you need experience as well talent at the pro level, unless you’re literally Jamie Drysdale.

With the cancellation of OHL there were just too many rookie or young defensemen needing to play. If you look at the Phantoms, their top pair has the 21 yo rookie prospect Wyatt Wylie with the 28 yo vet tweener Tyler Wotherspoon, who’s played 30 NHL games over 4 years. They also pair 20 yo prospect Cam York with 26 yo Chris Bigras, a tweener played 45 games with the Avs before the Rangers traded Ryan Graves for him at the 2018 TDL. (I will never pass up a chance to mention that trade.)

You get the idea. If this wasn’t a weird shortened season Bing’s loosey goosey kid pairing would probably really get out of hand but it’s not a normal season. Next year Utica is going to have to look different. At goal for one. With things like presumably a younger, healthier version of Ben Street replacing Ben Street. But harshly judging our prospects when the Phantoms are benefiting vet defensemen and goalie Zane McIntyre is wrong. I’ll stop saying it because in the end people will believe or not. (I’ll probably end up saying it again. Soon.)

I don’t know if people have to get too hung up on ranking these defensemen right now on this drunk convenience store security camera footage. Who they’re paired with and which lines they play against and in which situations are all factors in how these players might look too. Next year’s camp is going to be lit though.

I mentioned in the GDT last night that at one point Merkley, Boqvist, Maltsev, Smith, and Bahl were sharing the ice. That's two defenders that were in the CHL and three forwards that were in Binghampton.

One factor that I think gets overlooked is that there has been a huge exodus of NHL level talent from the organization in the last two years, Hall, Coleman, Palmieri, Zajac, Greene, Kulikov, Vatanen, etc.

Fitz went out and got two veteran defenseman, and one veteran forward (which cost a quality AHL player in Anderson). He then restocked the big club with all the great forwards that played so well for Binghampton last year. Sharangovich, Kuokkanen, Boqvist, Maltsev, Merkley, McLeod, Bastian,

Eight forwards (counting, again, Anderson). Foote, and Clarke were added back, but Seney is having a down year, and Street's only played 14 games.

When the camera in the Barnabus Health arena or whatever it's called is pointed at the action, I see so much chaos in the defensive zone and in transition. These defensemen get the puck and have nowhere to go with it. I honestly wasn't kidding when I said I think Bahl will find the NHL easier to play in than the AHL.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
I mentioned in the GDT last night that at one point Merkley, Boqvist, Maltsev, Smith, and Bahl were sharing the ice. That's two defenders that were in the CHL and three forwards that were in Binghampton.

One factor that I think gets overlooked is that there has been a huge exodus of NHL level talent from the organization in the last two years, Hall, Coleman, Palmieri, Zajac, Greene, Kulikov, Vatanen, etc.

Fitz went out and got two veteran defenseman, and one veteran forward (which cost a quality AHL player in Anderson). He then restocked the big club with all the great forwards that played so well for Binghampton last year. Sharangovich, Kuokkanen, Boqvist, Maltsev, Merkley, McLeod, Bastian,

Eight forwards (counting, again, Anderson). Foote, and Clarke were added back, but Seney is having a down year, and Street's only played 14 games.

When the camera in the Barnabus Health arena or whatever it's called is pointed at the action, I see so much chaos in the defensive zone and in transition. These defensemen get the puck and have nowhere to go with it. I honestly wasn't kidding when I said I think Bahl will find the NHL easier to play in than the AHL.
To your last point about Bahl, I mentioned that after the game. I think the disjointed nature of our forwards routinely turning the puck over in the NZ or right at the opponents blue line has repeatedly caused Bahl to be put in disadvantageous positions. My complaint was he has his back to too many plays and in turn takes dumb penalties because of it. The AHL transition being so awful might be the leading reason why that is happening and I didn't notice it until last night.

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
Just looked it up, Holtz has 16 shots in 5 games so far in Bing. He sure likes to fire the puck. The goals will come for him for sure.

Reactions: Oneiro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad