Prospect Info: Alexander Holtz (Part II)

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
upload_2021-4-21_19-42-3.gif

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
What's the deal with Gronborg and why does everyone like him?
I think when/if he's hired he'll be a very successful coach. I also think the NHL has a "good ol boys" vibe to its coaches. So many of these guys get chance after chance and very few clubs think outside of the box. NJ at least asked to speak to him but Zurich told him they weren't letting him out of his deal. He has a new one that has a NHL out though. I've posted a link that talks about his coaching philosophy if you want to take a look. Why the NHL might finally be ripe for a European coach - Sportsnet.ca

Reactions: Guadana

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
I think when/if he's hired he'll be a very successful coach. I also think the NHL has a "good ol boys" vibe to its coaches. So many of these guys get chance after chance and very few clubs think outside of the box. NJ at least asked to speak to him but Zurich told him they weren't letting him out of his deal. He has a new one that has a NHL out though. I've posted a link that talks about his coaching philosophy if you want to take a look. Why the NHL might finally be ripe for a European coach - Sportsnet.ca
I appreciate this and will read up on it. Is he a hot candidate to be an NHL coach or is this just a coach the Devils looked into.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
I think if the NHL ever looks outside of a North American coach he'd be the first guy people would call. He's coached pretty much every NHL player who played on Sweden's World Cup teams, WJC teams, etc.
I just finished read that article, absolutely love his approach. Clearly has had some success at different levels and seems like his players like him. Added benefit that he might be what Johnsson needs to finally get going.:sarcasm:

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
I just finished read that article, absolutely love his approach. Clearly has had some success at different levels and seems like his players like him. Added benefit that he might be what Johnsson needs to finally get going.:sarcasm:
I just think he could get Bratt going in a massive way and would really be good for our younger players. Plus maybe Swedes around the league would entertain the idea of playing for him when they hit UFA.

TheDuke93

May 29, 2017
NJ
I just think he could get Bratt going in a massive way and would really be good for our younger players. Plus maybe Swedes around the league would entertain the idea of playing for him when they hit UFA.
I will say I really have liked what Ruff has done, but if we went after Gronborg I would certainly be excited.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad