Prospect Info: Alexander Holtz (#7 pick - 2020 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils731

Jun 23, 2008
Have to be concerned a bit at his lack of his production this season, but it's been a weird one so it's nothing to be too concerned about just yet. Let's see how he does after another offseason and hopefully a shift to North America.

I'm not a fan of people automatically assuming "he'll be fine" just because he's still young.

His production before World Juniors, as a whole, was good and then it’s been poor at WJC and after.

So it’s concerning but not seeing him play every game I can’t tell if he was lucky early or unlucky now, if his player has changed enormously, or if he’s taken some new approach that isn’t working.

So I’ll just keep waiting to see how it goes. If he was in the AHL next season and struggling, then it’d be easier to decide if worry was needed.

Reactions: glenwo2 and HBK27

SwedeChristoffer

Jul 30, 2019
Didn't know that made a difference. So if Boqvist was a 1st round pick he could've played in the AHL last season?

I'm not very familiar with the specifics of Boqvist and his contract, so I probably shouldn't comment on him specifically.

But yeah, there's a conditional "out-clause" in all contracts signed with an SHL club (really most non-Russian European clubs).

For players drafted in 2nd - 7th round, it's a strict NHL "out-clause", i.e. you either play in the NHL, or in the SHL.
For players drafted in the 1st round the NHL teams have more control, AHL, NHL, CHL etc. I think they can do almost whatever they want.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Have to be concerned a bit at his lack of his production this season, but it's been a weird one so it's nothing to be too concerned about just yet. Let's see how he does after another offseason and hopefully a shift to North America.

I'm not a fan of people automatically assuming "he'll be fine" just because he's still young.
?????

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Not everyone thinks the same way. Corey Pronman:

"Goal-scorers go through waves, it's nature of beast when your best trait is such a rare occurrence in a game. I have concerns on his game from when I've watched, speed and compete mainly, but I'm not overly concerned on him yet due to the elite skill. if you re did that draft he likely goes right around same spot, maybe one to three spots later at most."

Live Q&A: Corey Pronman on the NHL Draft and prospects
Pronman LOVES our prospects, always speaks highly of them.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Is there Concern-O-Meter we can consult?

I don’t know if anyone is totally cool with this, I mean I would argue that “don’t worry, there’s likely something physically wrong with him making him play bad for an extended period of time” isn’t that upbeat of a take.

He was producing at reasonable, even excellent clip and then it stopped. His underlying numbers are still ok even though they have slipped some. As of now his expected goals (xG) is 8.33, while he has 7 goals (Which not that askew.) William Eklund has xG of 7.50 and 11 goals so the shooting going better for him I guess.

I just want him to shut it down for the season at this point. We can be disappointed and still see the potential reasons for why this rut happened and move on. That’s life.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Fitz said in the the athletic that he would like to get holtz over early as possible. Wants to get him over after his season and start the acclimation process

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Is there Concern-O-Meter we can consult?

I don’t know if anyone is totally cool with this, I mean I would argue that “don’t worry, there’s likely something physically wrong with him making him play bad for an extended period of time” isn’t that upbeat of a take.

He was producing at reasonable, even excellent clip and then it stopped. His underlying numbers are still ok even though they have slipped some. As of now his expected goals (xG) is 8.33, while he has 7 goals (Which not that askew.) William Eklund has xG of 7.50 and 11 goals so the shooting going better for him I guess.

I just want him to shut it down for the season at this point. We can be disappointed and still see the potential reasons for why this rut happened and move on. That’s life.
You want him to shut it down for the season? I didn't go back to the previous page, but is there a reason for this?

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
You want him to shut it down for the season? I didn't go back to the previous page, but is there a reason for this?
Just in the sense that he seemed to have hit a wall and we were discussing him being banged up during the WJC. It was more a general observation rather than medical advice and his SHL regular season only has two more games.

Reactions: Lou is God

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Holtz(and therefore also Eklund) will play Frölunda in the play-ins in a bo3. Dates and times: 5th(15:00 CEST), 7th and potentially 9th(both 19:00 CEST) if it comes to that.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
Obviously would have liked to have seen him play, but just get him over here asap. Djurgardens is winning the game right now, but Frolunda is projected to easily win the series. Stranger things have happened but Frolunda has eaten Djurgardens' lunch all season. As for Holtz, we know the second half of this year hasn't been kind to him, but the skill and promise is still there. Let's get him over here playing with a play-driving center or line-mate and see what he can do.

Reactions: sloppydog

Figgie

Apr 24, 2018
Finland
Obviously would have liked to have seen him play, but just get him over here asap. Djurgardens is winning the game right now, but Frolunda is projected to easily win the series. Stranger things have happened but Frolunda has eaten Djurgardens' lunch all season. As for Holtz, we know the second half of this year hasn't been kind to him, but the skill and promise is still there. Let's get him over here playing with a play-driving center or line-mate and see what he can do.

What I have seen Holtz this year so he dont look NHL ready at all. Maybe at least one more year in SHL and work his all around game there.

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey
What I have seen Holtz this year so he dont look NHL ready at all. Maybe at least one more year in SHL and work his all around game there.

Agreed that I don't see him fully ready to step in right now. Ideally he'd end up in Binghamton for a little bit playing 15+ minutes a night. I wouldn't mind him staying in the SHL another year but I'd like to see him get some more consistent playing time. (of course that's not just on the team - the player needs to earn those minutes)

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
No Holtz on lineup against Frölunda in first game. :(
He's in the lineup as the 13F(somehow Haga is on a regular line ahead of him, even if Holtz has been in a slump, Haga's play this season one can equate to a crater lol). Played 0 minutes in the first period, however.

Reactions: Figgie

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
for sure, but given his season in the shl the team wants their hands on him and get him on north american ice and playing the devils system, not to mention getting him on their training/nutrition regimen and start moulding him into an nhl player the way they see him

Figgie

Apr 24, 2018
Finland
they are going to put him in the ahl before letting him get another season in the shl

Devils dont have contract with Holtz so we cant select where he is playing before we can make contract with him. He can also want a clause in his contrat that if he gets send down to AHL so he can go back to SHL if he wants like Boqvist had in his contract.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
fitz said that they want him here as soon as possible, im sure they will offer him a contract as soon as his season is over

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Devils dont have contract with Holtz so we cant select where he is playing before we can make contract with him. He can also want a clause in his contrat that if he gets send down to AHL so he can go back to SHL if he wants like Boqvist had in his contract.

After the way this season has played out, I doubt Holtz will be clamoring to go back to Djurgardens. I've been as down on him as anyone since January, but there has to be more to the story of a player who completely falls off a cliff. His production didn't just dip, it completely disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad