Prospect Info: Alexander Holtz (#7 pick - 2020 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicomo Cosca

Aug 13, 2020
Cincinnati, OH
Djurgården has been a clusterf*** since new years, unfortunately Holtz has by far been the biggest cluster f*** in the team during this time. I don't know what has happened, the only thing going through your mind when someone pass him the puck is f***. Him and Eklund seems to come as a package, whenever Eklund is out there so is Holtz, I don't know why because he is only a burden and in the way. If he's playing through injury it would be better for him and the team to have him sit out, if it's not an injury there is some serious concerns.
“As a Devils fan are you starting to at least somewhat worry about your top prospect Alexander Holtz?”

upload_2021-3-9_16-21-28.gif

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
He may need more time, feeling the effects of a possible post bout of Covid-19 , injury, who knows but this strengthens my argument you can’t just get rid of struggling Vets and expect a quick turnaround. There are no guarantees, even with higher picks..

Reactions: Ol Dirty Bstrd

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Didn’t he have a back injury at or after the WJC? Could still be feeling that a bit
Yea, most likely the case imo. How bad he looked after WJC, especially vs a strong start pre tourney, was wild. Swede boards were crucifying him down the stretch....and mostly rightfully so from what I saw.

Reactions: My3Sons

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
He needs to have a honest discussion with himself following this season. He needs to change his body type, improve his skating and improve his edgework. His shot is quite good, very hard and very accurate but he also has a slow release. Similar to that of Zacha and Sharangovich, that won't work in the NHL. I haven't said this very often to our first round picks but he definitely would have dropped hard in a redraft.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I can see Mercer is doing well, because all the haters have jumped on to the Holtz thread. What’s with you guys bashing 19 year olds..

(It’s freakin 2021, post Covid fallout! Grains of salt people)
Nobody is hating, Holtz has the potential to be a 35+ goal scorer. That doesn't mean he lacks areas of concern. Just as Mercer still has areas of concern and Mukhamadullin has areas of concern.

Last edited:

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
He needs to have a honest discussion with himself following this season. He needs to change his body type, improve his skating and improve his edgework. His shot is quite good, very hard and very accurate but he also has a slow release. Similar to that of Zacha and Sharangovich, that won't work in the NHL. I haven't said this very often to our first round picks but he definitely would have dropped hard in a redraft.
Not everyone thinks the same way. Corey Pronman:

"Goal-scorers go through waves, it's nature of beast when your best trait is such a rare occurrence in a game. I have concerns on his game from when I've watched, speed and compete mainly, but I'm not overly concerned on him yet due to the elite skill. if you re did that draft he likely goes right around same spot, maybe one to three spots later at most."

Live Q&A: Corey Pronman on the NHL Draft and prospects

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
Not everyone thinks the same way. Corey Pronman:

"Goal-scorers go through waves, it's nature of beast when your best trait is such a rare occurrence in a game. I have concerns on his game from when I've watched, speed and compete mainly, but I'm not overly concerned on him yet due to the elite skill. if you re did that draft he likely goes right around same spot, maybe one to three spots later at most."

Live Q&A: Corey Pronman on the NHL Draft and prospects
Corey is entitled to his opinion. I simply disagree.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Have to be concerned a bit at his lack of his production this season, but it's been a weird one so it's nothing to be too concerned about just yet. Let's see how he does after another offseason and hopefully a shift to North America.

I'm not a fan of people automatically assuming "he'll be fine" just because he's still young.

Reactions: Ol Dirty Bstrd
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad