Prospect Info: Alexander Holtz (#7 pick - 2020 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I think NJersey's record with highly touted Swedes that were 1st rounders is not good at all!!! Tedenby,Bergfors and Josefson should ring a bell. They need to keep Holtz in Sweden for another 2 years and quite believing that the AHL is a great developmental league it isn't,its pure garbage for the most part and not great for 18,19,20 year old youngsters needing a tonne of ice time

Haha the ahl is not garbage. Sounds like you are a bit upset that he signed over here. Bye

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Ive noticed a common theme among Devils fans (and some analysts) on various websites that people have Mercer above Holtz; Im curious if that is simply due to Dawson's improved production and Alexander's lack of production?

if this isnt the place to be asking this then my bad

I had them neck and neck last year in my 2020 rankings -- Holtz at #11 and Mercer at #12 overall. I feel Mercer has progressed more this year than Holtz and passed him. This is not a worry about Holtz, whom I think is on a perfectly good development trajectory. But Mercer's WJC and QMJHL play have been meteoric successes, and he's really proving the doubters wrong who questioned his offensive potential.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
I think NJersey's record with highly touted Swedes that were 1st rounders is not good at all!!! Tedenby,Bergfors and Josefson should ring a bell. They need to keep Holtz in Sweden for another 2 years and quite believing that the AHL is a great developmental league it isn't,its pure garbage for the most part and not great for 18,19,20 year old youngsters needing a tonne of ice time

Judging Alexander Holtz by three players who are 10 years older and have no similarities whatsoever in how they play hockey on the basis of the players all being Swedish is, well... I'll use the word unfair.

When the three players you mentioned were drafted, the Devils entire scouting team was different -- under Lou Lamoriello. Holtz was selected by a completely different GM and scouting crew. So, maybe we should give him a shot before writing him off based on the failures of a decade past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad