Prospect Info: Alexander Holtz (#7 pick - 2020 draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
cm0.gif

2 goals and safe the puck in pp when Djurgarden scored 3rd goal.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
That would be extra awesome then. Loving what I've seen from Eklund all year. Great as a playmaking winger especially for a player like Holtz. I think he's gotta work on his shot a little but that should come with strength but so far I like him better than Raymond in his draft year. Not sure why he's not in the conversation for top 10 yet but I think that's where he will go.

Will Scouch has him at 8 in his rankings. Scouching's Preliminary 2021 Top-31+ NHL Draft Rankings

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
Wings fans don't seem to covet and worry about other team's prospects like we do.

Hell we have more posts from this game about kids we should draft next season then about Holtz itself.

Check the Holtz thread on the main board. There are quite a few Wings fans posting in a thread that they should theoretically have no interest in.

LW Alexander Holtz - Djurgardens IF, J20 (2020, 7th, NJD)

That said, I actually agree with the Wings fan that said that neither Holtz nor Raymond is significantly ahead of the other right now. It's nice to watch Holtz have a good start to the season, but I don't think it means much long term. My post was really a joke.:)

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Check the Holtz thread on the main board. There are quite a few Wings fans posting in a thread that they should theoretically have no interest in.

LW Alexander Holtz - Djurgardens IF, J20 (2020, 7th, NJD)

That said, I actually agree with the Wings fan that said that neither Holtz nor Raymond is significantly ahead of the other right now. It's nice to watch Holtz have a good start to the season, but I don't think it means much long term. My post was really a joke.:)
I was just coming in here to post that the Red Wings fans are starting to get a bit testy at the suggestion Holtz might be better than Raymond.

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I was just coming in here to post that the Red Wings fans are starting to get a bit testy at the suggestion Holtz might be better than Raymond.

16-17
Raymond ____ppg 1.167
J18 Allsvenskan18111021
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Holtz ____ ppg 1.69
J18 Allsvenskan13121022
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

R 0-1 H

Raymond _____ ppg 1.89, 1.93, 0
J18 Elit18142034
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

J18 Allsvenskan15131629
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
J20 SuperElit8000
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Holtz____ ppg 2.64, 2,23, 0,72

J18 Elit17232245
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

J18 Allsvenskan13181129
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
J20 SuperElit11448
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

R 0-4 H

18-19

Raymond
J20 SuperElit37133548
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Holtz

J20 SuperElit38301747
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Raymond has little better ppg, but Holtz scored more. Much more.
You can count that as you want, i give no points here.

19-20

Raymond ______ ppg 1.56, 0,3

J20 SuperElit931114
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

SHL334610
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Holtz _________ ppg 3, 0,64
J20 SuperElit3729
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

SHL359716
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

3 and 9 games is not representive distance, i don`t give points for j20 here, only for SHL

R 0 - 5 H

20-21 is still in the game, Holtz was much better when Frolunda and Djurgarden met, and Holtz has better ppg, anyway i`m not giving points here. Yet.

Raymond 0 - 5 Holtz. I don`t think Devils fans should worry here. I understand that Raymond is a better 200 foot player. But Holtz wasn`t drafted because of his 200 foot game. And now he started to be a much better playmaker than he was, and now he is making better decision on the ice than he made before. Holtz has become to chose a much better position, and what is very important, he does not drop out of the game.
I was in Raymond's camp before the draft, but the Devils picked Holtz. And I don't have to worry about the pick yet.

Wierzbowski426

Nov 1, 2019
New Jersey
Detroit seems very sensitive about their prospects. Similar to Ottawa, and NYR. Basically what ever the current HF boards flavor of the week is in terms of prospects seem to get super sensitive anytime that position is challenged.

I find it pretty enjoyable tbh lol.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Detroit seems very sensitive about their prospects. Similar to Ottawa, and NYR. Basically what ever the current HF boards flavor of the week is in terms of prospects seem to get super sensitive anytime that position is challenged.

I find it pretty enjoyable tbh lol.

While Holtz has similar numbers (he has played fewer games due to the vid), it’s Lundell’s numbers that seem to have struck a nerve.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
While Holtz has similar numbers (he has played fewer games due to the vid), it’s Lundell’s numbers that seem to have struck a nerve.

They swung for the fences with Raymond. He had the biggest bust potential in this draft IMO. I wouldn't have wanted the Devils to touch him.

Lundell is going to be a great NHL player. Nothing flashy, but damn reliable and consistent. Big fan of his, but not the type of player you take that high with the talent that was still available.

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Its not even a good comparison because Lundell, Holtz, and Raymond are going to fill different roles from each other in the NHL.

Reactions: Oneiro and Forge

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
It all depends on what your franchise wants in this particular draft.

• Winger Raymond: elite toolkit, 200-foot player, but small in stature in draft year as he struggled against men
  • RW Holtz: elite shot, great finisher, high motor, underrated playmaker, as well as adapted physically and mentally against men, but defensive concerns
  • C Lundell: smart, steady center with 1C potential
Holtz and Lundell adapted to playing against men better than Raymond in their draft year, which is why NHL Central Scouting, EU's final ranking was: 1) Stutzle, 2) Holtz, 3) Lundell, 4) Raymond

Out of Raymond, Holtz, and Lundell, Lucas Raymond has the highest ceiling, but will he reach that ceiling? That's the gamble the Wings are taking, but his progression is going to be slower than Holtz and Lundell because Raymond has some catching up to do physically. The Wings will have to wait a few years before seeing a more polished Raymond. If Raymond does reach his potential, then watch out!

The Devils could have used a defenseman, but both Sanderson and Drysdale were taken. That means you're left with a plethora of talented forwards to choose from. The Devils already have the 1C and 2C set for probably a decade, so centers Lundell or Rossi aren't necessary. Holtz just sticks out like a sore thumb when looking at wingers as he's produced and excelled against men. Thus, he's much closer to making the NHL jump than others, or at least potentially. So the Devils grabbed the best talent that fell to them. It's kinda like how Zegras fell to the Ducks at 9th.

It would be great to see all three players do well in the NHL because that means we all get to witness some awesome hockey! And since players all develop at different times and players do get traded, it's almost pointless to be playing this "my prospect is better than your prospect" when fans should be wondering if your prospect will fit your franchise and its direction for the near future. Sometimes, some players need to be traded once or twice for their minds to sync with their talent. An example of this is William "Wild Bill" Karlsson. A highly talented center drafted by the Ducks, but had issues when sent back down to the AHL. Eventually, Wild Bill got traded to Columbus. Nothing happened there. Finally, he was exposed in the Vegas expansion draft and everything finally clicked for Wild Bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad