Prospect Info: Alex Tuch (RW) - 18th Overall, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Coyle has size and skill but he hasn't made the best of them yet. This pick is redundant of what we have in the system and what we have on the ice. I'll reserve further judgement but he seems very redundant of what we have and we haven't even developed them properly.

For all I know, Fletcher is going to trade Coyle.

Yep we're going to trade a player who just started to click at the NHL level at the end of this season because we picked a big forward that will be ready in 3-4 years.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Didn't he have 60 some pts this yr on a line with eichel and Milano?

He's got good size, they said he's good around the net?

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
Looks like he fell a bit to us which is never bad. It by no means coyle or nino is on their way out. Looks like a 2-3 yrs away which is fine then we can maybe possibly talk about coyle or nino being moved... However we are definetly accumulating big bodies to play in the central divison. With Coyle, Nino, Lucia and now Tuch in the works not to mention Graovac and Gabriel in the ahl we are all of the sudden looking really large in the future and by large I mean me large:naughty:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Yep we're going to trade a player who just started to click at the NHL level at the end of this season because we picked a big forward that will be ready in 3-4 years.

We thought Coyle was a few years away but he was pressed into action soon within 2 years of being drafted.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
BrLhjQSCQAEn6wD.jpg

I've been editing in a lot of stuff I've found on him in the OP.

Check it out!

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Tuch is the perfect Fletcher pick, size, scoring touch, skating. We need size and skill upfront and this kid at least has the tools. I'm perfectly fine with this pick, hope as always it works out.

More forwards for the Avs, haha, works for me! :D

Last edited:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004

We thought Coyle was a few years away but he was pressed into action soon within 2 years of being drafted.

Taylor26

Nov 12, 2011
minneapolis
hey at least we didn't give up a 3rd to move up and grab the bust in schmaltz or chicken fat for those of you who understand yiddish:laugh: like Chicago did:shakehead

Casper

30 goal grinder
Mar 23, 2010
MN
You can set your watch to Minnesota picking the big bodied two way forwards if they available. At least Nashville is trying to break away from that.

Yup your right. Leddy, Granlund, Brodin, Phillips, and Dumba are all big bodied two way forwards.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Spamming the OP again. Lots of articles and impressions on Tuch for those interested.

puckMAN

Dec 28, 2004
North St Paul
I can't say I don't like the pick,because I really don't now anything about hm.

Who dose Tuch compare to?I saw TSN compare him to Wayne Simmonds.I've also seen conflicting reports on his shot,some say below average some say well above average.Is there any chance the kid can develop into a Jeff Carter type?

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Said he's the meat and potatoes on a line with skill guys and great forechecker. We know as wild fans we need good forecheckers haha

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Who dose Tuch compare to?I saw TSN compare him to Wayne Simmonds.I've also seen conflicting reports on his shot,some say below average some say well above average.Any chance the kid can develop into a Jeff Carter type?

I've seen comparisons to David Backes.

Seems quite apt. Big bodied guy who could potentially do everything by himself but is a lot better when supported by better players.

When we have solid centers like Granlund and Haula, getting a big guy like Tuch is a good choice.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I don't know anything about the player, but it always scares me when scouts rave about a kid's size. He had a good growth spurt, good for him. It's his skill that determines if he succeeds or not. I'd rather have scouts raving about skill instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad