Recalled/Assigned: Alex Tuch Assigned to Iowa (2/9/17)

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
I liked what I saw from Tuch for the most part. You could definitely tell he didn't want to be caught out of place. I'm excited to see once he gets more comfortable

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
He was so careful and conservative that he forgot to skate. Good for him though. You don't want to look completely in over your head in your first game in the big league. Even more so playing with Zach and Staal.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I was happy with Tuch, was responsible defensively and did have some good play ideas on the offensive zone. Kid was visibly nervous though so had some missed passes. Happy with him!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He looked like Graovac to me. Big, but not necessarily strong on his skates. Grao is actually a better skater. Wasn't able to get off his shot, but don't know if that was his fault.

One thing that impressed me was his passing. He set up Parise twice for excellent scoring chances. He also didn't screw up at all that I can recall.

First game, so none of these impressions are set in stone.

ClayAikenFan77

Jan 1, 2016
Minneapolis
I saw some moments where he showed pretty good speed. He'll be able to work with the Wild's skating coach over the offseason to hopefully improve, but I really liked what I saw from him. He showed he knows how to play structured hockey, it's just a matter of time until he feels comfortable letting loose in the offensive zone.

SomethingGeneric

Sep 25, 2014
Was also impressed with Tuch's debut. Always want more big, lanky, and strong forwards who can keep up with the skating aspect. I think he should get a few more games to get more comfortable with the system. Hope he can continue to develop and improve

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
He looked like Graovac to me. Big, but not necessarily strong on his skates. Grao is actually a better skater. Wasn't able to get off his shot, but don't know if that was his fault.

One thing that impressed me was his passing. He set up Parise twice for excellent scoring chances. He also didn't screw up at all that I can recall.

First game, so none of these impressions are set in stone.

He did have a shot on goal...

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota
I haven't heard anything but I'm assuming he's staying on the top line and will play against Winnipeg tomorrow?

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Guess I wasn't disappointed in his play, but I wasn't overly impressed either. Seemed like a lot of floating and watching. Guess that's understandable for a first NHL game. Wasn't a liability defensively, but wasn't exactly an offensive threat either. Would have liked to see him play a bit heavier game with his size.

All in all, I guess I'd rather have him ease into a role, get comfortable with the speed & play. Then see his points ramp up. Better that than have him bust into the league for the first 5 games, then plateau and disappear for a long stretch. I'd think confidence wise it would be better. Lot of the young guys seem to do that. Pop up, put up some decent points for a few games, then level off and don't do much after that.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Even though Lapanta said it and I don't typically publicly agree with things he says... The puck did seem to just "find" him a lot. I think he had some of the jitters and caught some rolling pucks so he didn't necessarily capitalize on the times it was on his tape but whether he was floating or skating, he seemed to be in good position. The first Sutter goal was unfortunate because Alex back checked hard to lift one of the Sedin's (I believe) stick and then the puck kicked out right on Brandon's tape. The fact that he wasn't a liability at all is the most positive note of the debut. I believe he will get on the score sheet tonight.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, it was only one game. He'll need a lot more before he finds his game at the NHL level. As I said earlier, the best thing was his passing, and that he didn't screw up. Way too early to make any hard and fast judgements. He's still a baby.

jeppe82*

Dec 2, 2016
Vaasa
I thought he played pretty well for his first NHL game. Didn't make any glaring mistakes and played his part well. For a first game in the big leagues, a solid game. Can't really ask more of him at this point. Don't know what some of you wanted out of him? Solid first game.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Haha, reminds me of Mowgli in Jungle Book. What do they call him, Mancub? :laugh:

Haha! Yes they do, I think that is my new adapted nickname for Tuch! I hope he kills it and sticks with the big club, but I am a little selfish in hoping I get to see him in Iowa this weekend. The wife and I are going on a belated honeymoon and going to back to back nights of the little club. Would like to see him play down there, saw him at the development camp and want to see how far hes come!

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Haha! Yes they do, I think that is my new adapted nickname for Tuch! I hope he kills it and sticks with the big club, but I am a little selfish in hoping I get to see him in Iowa this weekend. The wife and I are going on a belated honeymoon and going to back to back nights of the little club. Would like to see him play down there, saw him at the development camp and want to see how far hes come!

Nice! Post your impressions of the game, what stood out, etc. in the Iowa Wild/Affiliates thread stickied at the top there! Not too often we get first hand impressions of Iowa.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Nice! Post your impressions of the game, what stood out, etc. in the Iowa Wild/Affiliates thread stickied at the top there! Not too often we get first hand impressions of Iowa.

You bet, I figured I could do a write up about some of the guys everyone wants to know about and see if there are any hidden gems or anything worth talking about down there!

I've gone to a few games every year down there and the game ops and fan interest/involvement has started to really go up. Will be interesting to see how it is now that they are in the playoff hunt and winning games. The Des Moines Bucs of the USHL have kind of always stole the thunder down there, and are a really fun atmosphere. I lived in DSM for 3 years (moved away before the Wild moved in.. naturally) and its actually a surprisingly good hockey market, they love the game but the other AHL teams who failed there couldn't put together any sort of marketability to compete with the USHL even.. The Wild organization has done a great job with the community to raise interest! I am glad to be back in Minny but always fun to go back!

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Would love to hear about your impressions of Olofsson.

I figure most people are going to want to know about him and see where Stalock is at. His numbers aren't great, but have gotten better since they started winning. I want to see just where his confidence is at and get a feel for his game there.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
You bet, I figured I could do a write up about some of the guys everyone wants to know about and see if there are any hidden gems or anything worth talking about down there!

I've gone to a few games every year down there and the game ops and fan interest/involvement has started to really go up. Will be interesting to see how it is now that they are in the playoff hunt and winning games. The Des Moines Bucs of the USHL have kind of always stole the thunder down there, and are a really fun atmosphere. I lived in DSM for 3 years (moved away before the Wild moved in.. naturally) and its actually a surprisingly good hockey market, they love the game but the other AHL teams who failed there couldn't put together any sort of marketability to compete with the USHL even.. The Wild organization has done a great job with the community to raise interest! I am glad to be back in Minny but always fun to go back!

Welcome! Thanks for the updates on Iowa. :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad