Recalled/Assigned: Alex Tuch Assigned to Iowa (2/9/17)

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
IMZLMy1.gif

Excited to see what this kid can do in the NHL

I expect to see this GIF posted numerous times after he scores his first goal tomorrow.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I'd probably agree with you, if it wasn't for BB so publically calling him out. If he's been bad because he's fighting an injury. I don't think BB would be on him like he is in the press.

Guess I missed where he did that. Well! No excuses for your subordinate uterus, Coyle!

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
For comparison, same age on a much better team Coyle put up 25 points in 47 games. Power Forwards take longer. Tuch is right on track for the top 9 scoring power forward he will become.

What kind of ice time was Coyle getting on that team? I can't seem to find that for some reason.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Lines as per Russo..

Parise- Staal- Tuch
Zucker - Koivu - Granny
Niederreiter - Haula - Pommers
Stewart- Graovac- Coyle

Coyle off the powerplay, Nino on top unit and Zucks getting time on the 2nd.. Definitely a chance for Tuch to prove himself, seems like Parise is finally clicking a bit again here. Message has been sent to Coyle so hopefully Tuch can send a message to the organization, would be an awesome problem to have!

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Lines as per Russo..

Parise- Staal- Tuch
Zucker - Koivu - Granny
Stewart- Graovac- Coyle

Coyle off the powerplay, Nino on top unit and Zucks getting time on the 2nd.. Definitely a chance for Tuch to prove himself, seems like Parise is finally clicking a bit again here. Message has been sent to Coyle so hopefully Tuch can send a message to the organization, would be an awesome problem to have!

Wow, big shot for the kid. Interested to see how he does.

Oh, and welcome to HFWild :yo:

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Love watching Coyle play (I feel dirty saying that given the little rivalry we got), sucks he's slumping this bad. He was killing it this year.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Lines as per Russo..

Parise- Staal- Tuch
Zucker - Koivu - Granny
Stewart- Graovac- Coyle

I like those lines a lot. Hopefully this wakes Coyle up a little.

Also, welcome!

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Im glad that we called him up, but like most players it will take time to adjust to the NHL. Im not expecting much to start.

Although I'm hoping for the best I agree with you we should temper any expectations as he's a big power forward which traditionally takes a bit longer for them to mature (a la Nino). We'll see.

afcyung

Apr 2, 2016
Although I'm hoping for the best I agree with you we should temper any expectations as he's a big power forward which traditionally takes a bit longer for them to mature (a la Nino). We'll see.

I agree in general but we as a fan base have no real barometer for how fast a power forward will develop on BB and if we use Yeo it could be said they never really developed at all. I dont think he is going to light the world on fire today but I think we will see him achieve higher levels of success faster under BB than we have seen with our other power forwards.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
I agree in general but we as a fan base have no real barometer for how fast a power forward will develop on BB and if we use Yeo it could be said they never really developed at all. I dont think he is going to light the world on fire today but I think we will see him achieve higher levels of success faster under BB than we have seen with our other power forwards.

I wanted us to draft him before the draft as you can tell by my avatar and I agree his style and growth will be much better served under BB's tutelage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad