Recalled/Assigned: Alex Tuch Assigned to Iowa (2/9/17)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Coyle has to be hurt. Simply can't see him being so good early on, and so bad now. He is known as a hard worker, and I'm not aware of any peripheral problems that might affect his play.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Coyle has to be hurt. Simply can't see him being so good early on, and so bad now. He is known as a hard worker, and I'm not aware of any peripheral problems that might affect his play.

He's always been really streaky. Either really good and can control the puck like a machine, or he's off and can't seem to do anything. The good streak was really long to start the season. Hopefully this funk isn't to long.

Interesting to see if they sit Coyle completely or demote him to the 4th (with i'm assuming Schroeder sitting).

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
IMZLMy1.gif

Excited to see what this kid can do in the NHL

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
He's always been really streaky. Either really good and can control the puck like a machine, or he's off and can't seem to do anything. The good streak was really long to start the season. Hopefully this funk isn't to long.

Interesting to see if they sit Coyle completely or demote him to the 4th (with i'm assuming Schroeder sitting).

I guess I was guilty of lumping him in with Granlund and Zucker who have flat out improved and found another level this year. #3 looked so good earlier this year I just can't reconcile his play now to what he looked like before. In the past he'd just go quiet, but now he just looks bad.

Whatever he has looks to be infectious. Staal and Nino have looked very ordinary the past few games, though nowhere near Coyle's level of incompetence.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I guess I was guilty of lumping him in with Granlund and Zucker who have flat out improved and found another level this year. #3 looked so good earlier this year I just can't reconcile his play now to what he looked like before. In the past he'd just go quiet, but now he just looks bad.

Whatever he has looks to be infectious. Staal and Nino have looked very ordinary the past few games, though nowhere near Coyle's level of incompetence.

Hard for Staal and Nino to look good when they are playing with Coyle's dead weight against the other teams top defensive group.

Coyle looks more injured than slumping to me. Upper body type injury that just throws everything to do with stick work off. He's looks weak/hesitant along the boards too.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm thinking that it's knee or ankle. Something that prevents him from planting, and moving well. The amount of puck fumbles the past few games have been noticeable.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
The first player call-up among the next wave of prospects.....I'm excited to see how he reacts on the big stage.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
trying to keep expectations down. The NHL is a whole different level of athleticism and skill. Highly likely that this is just for a little while.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Let him get a taste, and see what he needs to work on. Maybe it'll make him hungry and he becomes nice late season add in MN.

Unless he's a big upgrade over Schroeder, send him back down and let him get better minutes in Iowa.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Think Coyle will sit for a few games? Would be nice to see Tuch in the top 6. Sometimes players take it and run with it when given the opportunity.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Think Coyle will sit for a few games? Would be nice to see Tuch in the top 6. Sometimes players take it and run with it when given the opportunity.

I don't think he was brought up to play 4th line minutes. He could have made the team out of camp as a 4th liner IIRC. BB will put him in a chance to succeed.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

The timing after Coyle was demoted to the 4th line says that Tuch is here to send Coyle a message at the very least. That means Tuch is very likely on Staal's RW. Coyle will either be on the 4th line or scratched.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Is the message Boudreau's sending to Coyle "Be less hurt!"? Because he absolutely is. You know what you get with Coyle, and he's not like this even when he's on the bad side of a streak. I'm not a doctor, but I suspect he's got something like three broken arms and an insubordinate uterus. Or wait, am I a doctor? Sounds kind of familiar. I probably am.

iLLogik87

Jan 5, 2015
Antarctica
Im glad that we called him up, but like most players it will take time to adjust to the NHL. Im not expecting much to start.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Is the message Boudreau's sending to Coyle "Be less hurt!"? Because he absolutely is. You know what you get with Coyle, and he's not like this even when he's on the bad side of a streak. I'm not a doctor, but I suspect he's got something like three broken arms and an insubordinate uterus. Or wait, am I a doctor? Sounds kind of familiar. I probably am.

I'd probably agree with you, if it wasn't for BB so publically calling him out. If he's been bad because he's fighting an injury. I don't think BB would be on him like he is in the press.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Was an AHL all-star for Iowa, according to Fletcher he leads the team in virtually all metrics.

Has 11 goals, 11 assists for 22pts in 34 games.

Sounds good. Not too many points, but it's his first pro season.

Thanks.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Sounds good. Not too many points, but it's his first pro season.

Thanks.

For comparison, same age on a much better team Coyle put up 25 points in 47 games. Power Forwards take longer. Tuch is right on track for the top 9 scoring power forward he will become.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
For comparison, same age on a much better team Coyle put up 25 points in 47 games. Power Forwards take longer. Tuch is right on track for the top 9 scoring power forward he will become.

When you put it like that, it does sound much better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad