Recalled/Assigned: Alex Tuch Assigned to Iowa (2/9/17)

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
He was very visible tonight and had some great scoring chances. Hope he puts one in soon.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Doesn't make sense to run with a short roster, with the amount of games that will be played in a short period of time.

TDL cap space. He got a taste of the NHL, and knows some things he needs to work on. Top line mins in Iowa are probably better than 4th line minutes in MN.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
TDL cap space. He got a taste of the NHL, and knows some things he needs to work on. Top line mins in Iowa are probably better than 4th line minutes in MN.

My comment was more directed towards keeping a short roster. You'll save some cap space, but at this point it's better to rotate players and keep them fresh. IMHO.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Tuch has been re-assigned to the Iowa Wild.

Overall I think the Wild brass has to be excited about what they have!!

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Probably a product of an upcoming 19 straight days at home; have him do the I-35 thing.

Thought he was really good last night. Could've very easily had a pair of goals and a 3 or 4 point night.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Still needs to play faster, IMO. Not a big deal, unless he doesn't have it in him to adjust. Some guys don't have the ability to develop that extra gear.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Man, he was right on the doorstep last night a few times and just couldn't cash in. I liked what I saw, though.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
And more physical IMO. He's still young though.

Both he and Graovac have to hit the weight room this summer. They have the potential to be some big, tough customers, but right now they seem to get pushed aside a bit.

Guys like Zucker and Granlund are maxed out in that regard. They are what they are.

I don't know what to say about Olofsson.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
He's got some issues he needs to work on. Defensive zone play needs some work and he needs to know that you have to get the puck out of the zone as first priority. Second, he's gotta get the puck deep in the o-zone on every opportunity he has. Wasn't overly impressed with him unlike when Eriksson Ek was up.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
He's got some issues he needs to work on. Defensive zone play needs some work and he needs to know that you have to get the puck out of the zone as first priority. Second, he's gotta get the puck deep in the o-zone on every opportunity he has. Wasn't overly impressed with him unlike when Eriksson Ek was up.

Agreed. Ek was stronger, faster, and played smarter. Could be he is just better?

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
He also played center too, so he was getting more touches to get comfortable and into the game. Look what the move back to center did for Charlies confidence. Also When Joel was up it was early in the year with not as much to play for yet. The pace has picked up a bunch. Both Tuch and Eriksson Ek have different game styles, and both are going to be very valuable pieces for the Wild.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Nice cup of coffee for him. Had a few good chances. Inches away from scoring.

Didn't blow me out of the water, but I think he'll come along slowly a'la Coyle.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Agreed. Ek was stronger, faster, and played smarter. Could be he is just better?

At this time I'd say Ek is better in all facets and it's not close. Effort is there all the time. Hard not to like Ek as our top prospect right now (or Kaprizov). Tuch is probably behind Kunin for me.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
At this time I'd say Ek is better in all facets and it's not close. Effort is there all the time. Hard not to like Ek as our top prospect right now (or Kaprizov). Tuch is probably behind Kunin for me.

I'd agree, but also would say that it's all very fluid right now. Greenway is also to be considered. It is nice to have a mix of size and skill in out prospects. Still waiting for Tuch to get a bit of confidence and start ripping shots. I seem to recall that he has a good one.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I'd agree, but also would say that it's all very fluid right now. Greenway is also to be considered. It is nice to have a mix of size and skill in out prospects. Still waiting for Tuch to get a bit of confidence and start ripping shots. I seem to recall that he has a good one.

He does have a good shot. Release isn't super quick, but it's heavy, from what I remember.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

7 on goal in the 3 games he played, including 2 pretty 'grade A' chances against Chicago. Probably another 5 or so attempts/misses if my memory serves be right.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
7 on goal in the 3 games he played, including 2 pretty 'grade A' chances against Chicago. Probably another 5 or so attempts/misses if my memory serves be right.

12 total shot attempts according to hockey-reference. Good performance, and a bit unlucky not to score. We'll see him again this season. There's a lot to like. The game will slow down for him, I'd wager, but still don't see an NHL all-star level of skill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad