Recalled/Assigned: Alex Tuch and Zack Mitchell Recalled/ Graovac Clears Waivers

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Thought Graovac would've been claimed too.

But it's not only him, Stewart is often careless with the puck. I love the guy, although it feels that especially after he's scored.. he's trying to be too fancy. Should remember his role as a 4th liner. That is shutting down the opponent and sometimes it means just protecting the puck and running out the clock.

Last edited:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Stew has the hockey mind of an offensive scorer, but is stuck in the body of a bottom six enforcer/grinder.

It gets confusing watching him sometimes. It probably is confusing being him, sometimes.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Stew has the hockey mind of an offensive scorer, but is stuck in the body of a bottom six enforcer/grinder.

It gets confusing watching him sometimes. It probably is confusing being him, sometimes.

:laugh:

That's a really good way to put it.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
We can upgrade every position. None of our players are best at their position. Dubby is close.

If Coyle is a full time center. Could use a top 6 forward.

With Haula on the 4th line, adding a d minded forward with scoring touch(washed up guy) on the 4th line would give us 4 deadly lines

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think Schroeder wins his fair share of pucks - rarely on the boards, true, more so by backchecking or being the first to a loose puck. He's an asset when we face small fast teams imo.

As for the TDL I would stand pat unless a depth center falls in our lap for little or nothing. This team has fantastic chemistry right now.

Schroeder? Backchecking? No, that is easily his weakest part of his game. He does too much standing and watching.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Couple of times for both when they stopped skating instead putting it into next gear. Screams AHL.

They are only up because we can afford to do the evaluation this way. Which is good.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Wasn't impressed with either callup tonight .

I thought Mitchell skated hard.. that 4th line has real problems right now. Stewart just doesn't seem nearly as engaged as he has been, turnover machine.

Tuch needs to play faster, he is hesitating every time he gets the puck. It has been 4 games, he will get it figured out. As I stated in the affiliates thread he has been playing LW in Iowa and RW up here, so many times he was drifting to the same empty spot on the ice (that wasnt actually empty) and Nino was already there. Some of it is new line mates and some is just figuring it out.

Both guy had to deal with sleds tonight, Stewie and Staal need to get things figured out soon, they have been dead weight to whichever line they are on. Neither are creating chances, the Staal chance that drew the penalty was because of a play Tuch made, otherwise Staal hasn't been engineering anything. Any SOG that line got were essentially because Nino is a workhorse.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I don't like Tuch in a top-6 role. Slumping Staal+ a coasting Tuch isn't a recipe for success.

Put him on Stewie's line and make him earn his ToI. Less minutes, high energy, simple north-south hockey role. Just don't have the 3rd pairing out there at the same time.

Make a Nino/Coyle/Tuch 3rd line. Maybe Parise and Pommer; who have been really strong on the puck lately; can wake Staal up.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I don't like Tuch in a top-6 role. Slumping Staal+ a coasting Tuch isn't a recipe for success.

Put him on Stewie's line and make him earn his ToI. Less minutes, high energy, simple north-south hockey role. Just don't have the 3rd pairing out there at the same time.

Make a Nino/Coyle/Tuch 3rd line. Maybe Parise and Pommer; who have been really strong on the puck lately; can wake Staal up.

Yeo, is that you? jk.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I actually think that Tuch makes for a mediocre 4th liner. He doesn't seem to have much jump to his skating stride, and doesn't play the energetic game you want from a 4th liner.

Still early, first impressions, etc., etc...

If these guys don't do better (Mitchell's previous tour up here was unremarkable, and that's being kind)then I suspect that we get Graovac back up here soon.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yeo, is that you? jk.

Tuch has been given the opportunity in a top-6 role, sent to Iowa, called back up and given a top-6 role again (and then stapled to the bench in the 3rd). He hasn't impressed me, try him in a different spot and maybe it'll work better. No need to save anything when you're only getting 1 out of 8 shifts. He looks like a wannabe Vanek/Heater on the ice.

I'm really more concerned about getting Staal going. I'd rather try Parise/Pommer, Parise/Nino, or Nino/Pommer before a kid with a handful of NHL games. Touching the Koivu line isn't really an option.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
I saw one play last night where Tuch had a chance to angle out a Duck's player on a forecheck if he went full speed, but he simply didn't go full out and the Duck's guy executed the breakout. It wasn't because he was tired, either, because he stayed out for quite while after that.

That won't fly.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
If these guys don't do better (Mitchell's previous tour up here was unremarkable, and that's being kind)then I suspect that we get Graovac back up here soon.

I want to see Grayson Downing get a shot.. in the worst way. Dalpe also played his first game back with Iowa last night.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Is he doing well in Iowa this year? It's a name that's not mentioned much.

He had a chance to make the team out of camp but he was recovering from off season surgery, he had a setback not long ago and has just started playing again in the last 2 weeks.. but he is finally 100% and he skates hard and is creative, probably bottom 6 potential but more than serviceable. He isn't a cookie cutter of someone we have on the roster already.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Mitchell sent back to Iowa. Tuch and Olofsson will probably join him there after the next game.

Bookman

Feb 27, 2002
frozen north
Visit site
You all are selling 20 year old Tuch down the river after a very small sample size.

I think he's shown good tendencies given where he's at. He obviously needs more time to develop, figure out what he is as a player.

I like his skating and puck handling. Given his size, he looks very promising.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
You all are selling 20 year old Tuch down the river after a very small sample size.

I think he's shown good tendencies given where he's at. He obviously needs more time to develop, figure out what he is as a player.

I like his skating and puck handling. Given his size, he looks very promising.

I'm not saying sell him for future considerations. He's just not NHL ready, no harm no foul. JEE looked promising, Tuch looks like a deer in headlights. The skills are there, just the effort level isn't.

I'm holding Tuch to a high standard than a Gabriel type of player based on skill. Gabriel gets called up and he plays to the best of his ability, his ability is a 4th line grinder.

Tuch has the skillset of a 2nd line power forward, not scoring in his first few games totally is understandable, the not being 'into' the game isn't excusable in my mind.

The reason I was saying Tuch/Olofsson would be sent down is 100% cap move during the Wild's break.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad