Recalled/Assigned: Alex Tuch and Zack Mitchell Recalled/ Graovac Clears Waivers

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I wonder how Dalpe is doing? He started off the year pretty well, then got injured. Haven't heard anything about him since.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
If the goal is to get Staal going again swap Pommer and Tuch. No need for Stall to have to worry about a rookie that way.

I think Parise and Pominville playing so well together is something we don't want to break up if we don't have to.

Nino is good 5 on 5 defensively, and Tuch hasn't been a liability either, let's hope BB's talk with Staal today helps.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The difference between Schroeder & Graovac:

Article

Article

Yeah, except Schroeder is now up to 23 games played with no more points to show for it than that article listed.

When he's not getting points, he's not providing anything of value at all. That's why he's such a borderline player in the NHL at best.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
I actually completely forgot about Dalpe.

Dalpe is still out, he has been on the ice and skating. However I don't see him playing for Minnesota anytime soon unless something drastically changes. In my opinion (especially if Grao gets claimed) Grayson Downing being healthy finally has allowed him (rightfully) to leap from Dalpe. At this point we know what we have here, and Tuch's head is already above Dalpe's ceiling.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Bluntly, for the Wild to take the risk of putting a 6-foot-5 center on waivers tells you all you need to know about what the coaches and brass think of his game lately.

“All three of them (Stewart, Graovac and Schroeder) need to be a lot better, but the fourth line can’t give up that many chances. Our whole team can’t, but for a fourth line like that, they can’t play the way that they have been playing. They have to win more battles and turn fewer pucks over. That’s not a recipe for success. It’s not all Graovac certainly. I think all three of them have slipped in the last couple weeks and we have to try to get a better recipe for what we want to do with that line.”

On the fourth line, Boudreau said frankly, “Come playoff time, they have to be good. We have to be able to have the confidence that we can put them out, especially on the road,” when the other team has last change and can put their best scoring line on the ice. Boudreau continued, “I have to have the confidence that they can play. And right now, faceoffs in our zone, they’ve struggled with that. Hopefully this will work out.”

Boudreau said the Wild wants to make room for Coyle in the middle. He handles the puck more in the middle and it’s been noticeable.

On Tuch, Boudreau said he did OK in his first stint and in his first experience, players usually play much better after going back to the minors and coming back up.

Russo

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Haula would be a great choice for the 4th line C. Stew can cover his back and pot the odd goal, and Haula can do everything else. Not a big fan of Schroeder's game, though. He is part of the problem, not part of the solution.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Dalpe is still out, he has been on the ice and skating. However I don't see him playing for Minnesota anytime soon unless something drastically changes. In my opinion (especially if Grao gets claimed) Grayson Downing being healthy finally has allowed him (rightfully) to leap from Dalpe. At this point we know what we have here, and Tuch's head is already above Dalpe's ceiling.

Thanks for the update.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Staal will get a few games to think about why he has decided to take on last year's role of Vanek.. Last night was hard to watch, turnover machine and no back check. Idk if he is hurt or tired or what, hope the regression isn't long term.

Yeah, I don't get it. First 1/2 of the season he was one of the teams best players. All of a sudden he hits a wall and turns into last years version of himself. Seems really odd.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
Yeah, I don't get it. First 1/2 of the season he was one of the teams best players. All of a sudden he hits a wall and turns into last years version of himself. Seems really odd.

Eh, players go through stretches. Pominville might have been the worst player in the league in the beginning of the year and now he's the 1st star of the week. Staal will be fine, I'm not too worried.

space321

May 11, 2011
Eh, players go through stretches. Pominville might have been the worst player in the league in the beginning of the year and now he's the 1st star of the week. Staal will be fine, I'm not too worried.

This, people have to realize that inconsistency is the norm. Only players like Crosby/McDavid (and I guess Staal when he was in his early 20s) have the ability to score all season long. Don't be too surprised if Granlund goes cold next month and ends the season with less than 70 points.

The good news is our team is so deep that a couple players having droughts here and there won't cause us to lose games. Look at when Coyle was struggling, we still kept our .700+ pace b/c Koivu's and Haula's lines were able to score. Come playoff time I obviously hope we can fire on all lines, but it's good that we're not peaking too early. Allow Staal more time to adjust and hopefully we can go into the playoffs on a high.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Yeah, except Schroeder is now up to 23 games played with no more points to show for it than that article listed.

When he's not getting points, he's not providing anything of value at all. That's why he's such a borderline player in the NHL at best.

Schroeder kind of reminds me of Veilleux. Great speed, that's it.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
But remember when Schroeder and Stewart were magic? Where did those players and that chemistry go? He can contribute but not consistently.

Schroeder is just being himself. Have a good ~10 game run, then disappear. If a team hits him a couple of times he starts playing scared (Pommer does at times too). Other than his speed the rest of his game is borderline NHL quality.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
This, people have to realize that inconsistency is the norm. Only players like Crosby/McDavid (and I guess Staal when he was in his early 20s) have the ability to score all season long. Don't be too surprised if Granlund goes cold next month and ends the season with less than 70 points.

The good news is our team is so deep that a couple players having droughts here and there won't cause us to lose games. Look at when Coyle was struggling, we still kept our .700+ pace b/c Koivu's and Haula's lines were able to score. Come playoff time I obviously hope we can fire on all lines, but it's good that we're not peaking too early. Allow Staal more time to adjust and hopefully we can go into the playoffs on a high.

Actually, last season everyone was speculating that Crosby was declining. Agree with your point in general. Seems the best players are usually able to limit their slumps, though.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
But remember when Schroeder and Stewart were magic? Where did those players and that chemistry go? He can contribute but not consistently.

Schroeder was "magic" for a week. Other than that, the only thing he does noticeably is skate around fast. But he doesn't do much to disrupt on the forecheck. I don't think his IQ is high enough to make it in the NHL full time. We have other noticeably fast players, but they also show that they can do other things.

Stewart has been well worth his contract, can't really complain about him, he doesn't exactly get to play with great players either.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Wow, that's quite a message to be sent to Graovac. Personally, I'm OK with this. He hasn't done anything for me this year. I like the kid and had high hopes for him, but in the likely scenario he doesn't clear waivers I won't be too upset. Plenty of guys can step in and play the game he's been playing this year.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Good he cleared. Maybe being sent to Iowa will wake him up. Put a chip on his shoulder to make it back up to the NHL.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
Good he cleared. Maybe being sent to Iowa will wake him up. Put a chip on his shoulder to make it back up to the NHL.

Yeah ... that was like a double whammy message. The Wild telling him how they think of his play by risking him to waivers and the league telling him what they think of his play by not picking him up. Agree, hope that's a huge wake-up call.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Surprised. Guess roster space is at a premium. Graovac has flashed skill, is large, and fast. If he works on his strength it should help him win more puck battles. Stewart is surprisingly bad at that, Schroeder not so surprisingly. Having three players on a line who can't win pucks is not good.

theButton

Oooohh! Ahhhhhh!!
Feb 18, 2013
I think Schroeder wins his fair share of pucks - rarely on the boards, true, more so by backchecking or being the first to a loose puck. He's an asset when we face small fast teams imo.

As for the TDL I would stand pat unless a depth center falls in our lap for little or nothing. This team has fantastic chemistry right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->