Recalled/Assigned: Alex Tuch and Zack Mitchell Recalled/ Graovac Clears Waivers

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
If you didn't see my post on the games I saw in Iowa this weekend, I kind of saw this coming. Mitchell was clutch all weekend and Tuch played with a huge chip on his shoulder. Will be interesting. Hope to see Downing called up in the future as well.

As per Russo on Twitter.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Does this mean that Coyle at #3C and Haula at #4C is the plan moving forward? Does this move increase the likelihood that the Wild will look for another center at TDL?

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Looks like Coyle will be playing more center.

I like graovac but he doesn't play as big as he is, which is a huge negative for a bottom-6er.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Does this mean that Coyle at #3C and Haula at #4C is the plan moving forward? Does this move increase the likelihood that the Wild will look for another center at TDL?

My BOLD prediction here..

Mitchell with Center the 4th line, and Haula will center Nino and Tuch. Staal will get a few games to think about why he has decided to take on last year's role of Vanek.. Last night was hard to watch, turnover machine and no back check. Idk if he is hurt or tired or what, hope the regression isn't long term. I also see us moving on a bottom 6 forward at the deadline now.

My projection for tomorrow..

11 3 29
16 9 64
22 56 53
7 59 10

If BB gets tricky I could see him moving Stewie up with Nino and Haula and playing a comfortable Iowa line on the 4th line too.. be interesting to see. Could also see Tuch with 11 and 3 and have the 22 56 29 reunited too...

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Graovac waived, huh? I hope another team doesn't grab him. I don't know why, but I've always had kind of a soft spot for the kid.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
My BOLD prediction here..

Mitchell with Center the 4th line, and Haula will center Nino and Tuch. Staal will get a few games to think about why he has decided to take on last year's role of Vanek.. Last night was hard to watch, turnover machine and no back check. Idk if he is hurt or tired or what, hope the regression isn't long term. I also see us moving on a bottom 6 forward at the deadline now.

My projection for tomorrow..

11 3 29
16 9 64
22 56 53
7 59 10

If BB gets tricky I could see him moving Stewie up with Nino and Haula and playing a comfortable Iowa line on the 4th line too.. be interesting to see. Could also see Tuch with 11 and 3 and have the 22 56 29 reunited too...
Staal looks tired.

I admit, there was a few comments from Carolina fans that said Staal would be awesome for half a season and then just kind of coast to end of the season.

I really hope that is not the case but Staal is just kind of drained from the schedule. He's a big guy after all.

StateofCelly

Jan 5, 2017
Russo wasn't a fan of my BOLD prediction.. I guess it is out of my wheelhouse to do anything too bold haha. Guess I should stick to that!

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Don't see sitting Staal, unless he has a nagging injury. Schroeder sits down, Graovac goes down.

I like Graovac's talent, and he plays smart, but he needs to play more desperately. Would be a shame to lose him. Bold statement by the Wild sending him down.

I thought Mitchell was very Vanilla when he came up last time. No big mistakes, but not a difference maker. I don't want polite players. Do something! Show you're hungry!

Kind of shocked that Graovac will be put on waivers. I think he'll get picked up. Would've thought that benching him would be good enough.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Kind of shocked that Graovac will be put on waivers. I think he'll get picked up. Would've thought that benching him would be good enough.

It's a possibility... Although, quite a few surprising players have gone through waivers unclaimed this season.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I would have guessed Schroeder would have hit waivers before Graovac before today. Hope he clears, but not a fan of this as an initial reaction.

How does it work for retroactive IR and Brodin and the cap? The Wild were over the cap slightly for a few days, do they get that money back, or is it lost because he wasn't on IR at the time?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I would have guessed Schroeder would have hit waivers before Graovac before today. Hope he clears, but not a fan of this as an initial reaction.

How does it work for retroactive IR and Brodin and the cap? The Wild were over the cap slightly for a few days, do they get that money back, or is it lost because he wasn't on IR at the time?

I'd have said the same, but remember Schroeder showed flashes of breaking out? Graovac has had good games here and there, but Schroeder has actually won us a couple games with timely goals. He's shown hustle and it's pretty obvious he never wants to see Iowa again.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Schroeder has been mostly ineffective, to me, and has way less potential than Graovac. Plus, he plays wing. I am surprised.

Teddy10Beers

Dec 31, 2011
Minnesota
First impressions are the most lasting. BB was unimpressed with Graovac in training camp and was grumbling about his game before the break. He will likely be claimed but I don't see it as that big of a loss. He turns 24 in a few weeks and after watching him all season he hasn't really progressed much. I suspect he is close to his ceiling right now. Fans like his size but he plays a very soft game and I don't think that is ever going to change.

I don't mind moving Coyle to 3C since there seems to be a chemistry issue between him and Staal. The only problem is that Charlie is a FO loss waiting to happen (34% this year; 42% last year).

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I can see Buffalo taking him. They are weak down the middle with Larsson out.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Completely agree with Fletcher.

Graovac has been invisible again...Schroeder is the borderline player he's always been, should be benched, he's not done anything worth anything in a while now again.

Coyle centers Zach and Poms, Haula to the 4th line.

Zucker - Koivu - Granlund
Nino - Staal - Tuch
Parise - Coyle - Pominville
Stewart - Haula - Mitchell

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
The difference between Schroeder & Graovac:

Article
Schroeder ... has made the most of his limited playing time this season. In 16 games he has three goals and five assists, averaging 9 minutes, 34 seconds of ice time per night.

Article
In the two subsequent games, Graovac, who had no points in 17 consecutive games and one in the previous 30, scored three goals.

“[Boudreau] told him, ‘You can be really good defensively because that is what you’re supposed to be on the fourth hole, but I’m not saying don’t score,’ †Boudreau said. “This is the NHL. Every player in this league has got special skills. You get an opportunity to go, you go. But when the opportunity isn’t there, you think defense.â€

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Completely agree with Fletcher.

Graovac has been invisible again...Schroeder is the borderline player he's always been, should be benched, he's not done anything worth anything in a while now again.

Coyle centers Zach and Poms, Haula to the 4th line.

Zucker - Koivu - Granlund
Nino - Staal - Tuch
Parise - Coyle - Pominville
Stewart - Haula - Mitchell

If the goal is to get Staal going again swap Pommer and Tuch. No need for Stall to have to worry about a rookie that way.

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory
Im personally not a fan of Schroeder, so this move doesn't make a lot of sense to me. But atleast we will have a chance to see Tuch and Mitchell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad