Confirmed with Link: Alex Semin and Hurricanes agree to 5 year, 7 million avg deal

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
His jersey number is also a perfect number, where the sum of a number's positive divisors are equal to it's number (1+2+4+7+14=28).

You beat me to it. Tim Gleason's jersey is also a perfect number (6). Too bad no one on the team wears 496 :sarcasm:

As a joke, we should try to thusly confuse the main board by not referring to Semin by his name and rather only refer to him as: σ1(n) = 2n :laugh:

ie: Man did all y'all see σ1(n) = 2n's crazy game last nite? 3 goals and 5 points.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
I love Semin.

Geesh. I fell asleep with the computer on my lap and woke up to see this thread bumped up again. There's no denying what AS has done for ES and JT, and the entire team for that matter even while playing hurt for a while now. Apparently his forearms, wrists and hands have been slashed up. Tough to shoot and pass quite so effectively when playing numbed and taped up. He should have sat out but I guess he has still been dangerous out there and it's probably not an injury with long term consequences. It's probably a common injury for guys like him. Anyhow, I woke up to see this post. What? Did you lose a bet or something loobarlow :laugh:.?

Razputyn

Feb 24, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
Geesh. I fell asleep with the computer on my lap and woke up to see this thread bumped up again. There's no denying what AS has done for ES and JT, and the entire team for that matter even while playing hurt for a while now. Apparently his forearms, wrists and hands have been slashed up. Tough to shoot and pass quite so effectively when playing numbed and taped up. He should have sat out but I guess he has still been dangerous out there and it's probably not an injury with long term consequences. It's probably a common injury for guys like him. Anyhow, I woke up to see this post. What? Did you lose a bet or something loobarlow :laugh:.?

Hey man, a PPG player? I will love as much Semin as possible to keep a player like that happy on our team.

I really do love Semin.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Hey man, a PPG player? I will love as much Semin as possible to keep a player like that happy on our team.

I really do love Semin.

I was just razzing you and agree easily. :) Surprisingly or not, we are it seems, in the minority. Alex Semin brought something that Canes fans hadn't seen in years. His game isn't understood by most fully. Nor is how he has single handedly transformed every player on this team in some way. That said, IMO he will be traded within a year or two at most so it may be a non-issue anyways. Jiri will most likely be gone as well. IMO, this is not an organization in which European players can be promoted and therefore, will never excell to their full potential. Semin may not be a good example at this early juncture however, talk of trading Jiri is indicative of this. JR or whoever is at the helm should make it a priority to find other Europeans to play with Semin and Jiri. That will never happen here IMO.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
:laugh:

Rocky, your presumptions and assumptions are always a good read.

If you are content with this team so be it. You are not alone it would seem. Another year at the bottom of the barrel and hey, that's how they roll. Nothing will change if the loser mentality continues. You are right tho. It is :laugh:able!

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
You've got some odd obsession with getting Semin off this team. First you claimed he wouldn't resign with the Canes, because he'd somehow find another team that'll pay him more than 7 mil a year. Now you're claiming JR will trade him in a year or two, which would only happen if all those things you claim aren't true about Semin (lazy, only plays for the contract, etc) were in fact true.

And now because one person throws out the idea of trading Tlusty (with good reasoning behind it), suddenly the organization hates Europeans. You know, despite spending the past couple years with 3 Europeans as a big part of their core.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
You've got some odd obsession with getting Semin off this team. First you claimed he wouldn't resign with the Canes, because he'd somehow find another team that'll pay him more than 7 mil a year. Now you're claiming JR will trade him in a year or two, which would only happen if all those things you claim aren't true about Semin (lazy, only plays for the contract, etc) were in fact true.

And now because one person throws out the idea of trading Tlusty (with good reasoning behind it), suddenly the organization hates Europeans. You know, despite spending the past couple years with 3 Europeans as a big part of their core.

And past instances of Euros in key roles.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Time will tell. I won't argue about it but in my opinion if this team is run as is, there is close to zero chance that they will make the playoffs for many years to come. Especially in the realignment next season. And yes. I would like to see Semin and Tlusty moved out of here. However, I do think Semin likes living there regardless. No pressure, nice place to live, etc., and he just has to go out there and get a point a game and all's cool. 7 mil. please. Thank you. Good for him.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
And past instances of Euros in key roles.

Hey, now, just because Sami Kapanen only scored 4 points in like 80 games before he was traded, doesn't mean it's not a conspiracy, man.

Think about it, almost every European who has played for the franchise, except for the ones on the current roster, all of them are gone.

Oleg Tverdovsky? Gone
Tommy Westlund? Gone
Nic Wallin? Gone
Jaro Svoboda? Gone
Nik Nordgren? Gone
Sandis Ozolinsh? Gone
Radim Vrbata? Gone
Frank Kaberle? Gone
Tomas Kaberle? Gone
Archie Irbe? Gone
Robert Kron? Gone
THE Anton Babchuk? Gone
Martin Gerber? Gone
Jan Hlavac? Gone
Pavel Brendl? Gone
Danny Markov? Gone
Sergei Samsonov? Gone
Dennis Seidenberg? Gone

I don't know, sounds pretty bad to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: RibFrabcus

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
Man, talk about a list chock full of mistakes in letting a player walk...

Just think how good the Canes would be this year with all of those players.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Hey, now, just because Sami Kapanen only scored 4 points in like 80 games before he was traded, doesn't mean it's not a conspiracy, man.

Think about it, almost every European who has played for the franchise, except for the ones on the current roster, all of them are gone.

Oleg Tverdovsky? Gone
Tommy Westlund? Gone
Nic Wallin? Gone
Jaro Svoboda? Gone
Nik Nordgren? Gone
Sandis Ozolinsh? Gone
Radim Vrbata? Gone
Frank Kaberle? Gone
Tomas Kaberle? Gone
Archie Irbe? Gone
Robert Kron? Gone
THE Anton Babchuk? Gone
Martin Gerber? Gone
Jan Hlavac? Gone
Pavel Brendl? Gone
Danny Markov? Gone
Sergei Samsonov? Gone
Dennis Seidenberg? Gone

I don't know, sounds pretty bad to me.

I think you're onto something here, Robo. I think it goes beyond just Euros though. Let's look at good 'ole 'Murricans. Every 'Murrican the team has ever had, except for the ones that are on the current roster, are gone too!

Dan LaCouture? Gone
Dwight Helminen? Gone
Michael Ryan? Gone
Andrew Alberts? Gone
Brian Pothier? Gone
Tim Conboy? Gone
Matt Cullen? Gone
Erik Cole? Gone
Ryan Carter? Gone
Brian Boucher? Gone

It extend to coaching too!

Peter Laviolette? Gone
Tom Barasso? Gone

I think we're onto something here. Something...big.

Reactions: RibFrabcus

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I think you're onto something here, Robo. I think it goes beyond just Euros though. Let's look at good 'ole 'Murricans. Every 'Murrican the team has ever had, except for the ones that are on the current roster, are gone too!

Dan LaCouture? Gone
Dwight Helminen? Gone
Michael Ryan? Gone
Andrew Alberts? Gone
Brian Pothier? Gone
Tim Conboy? Gone
Matt Cullen? Gone
Erik Cole? Gone
Ryan Carter? Gone
Brian Boucher? Gone

It extend to coaching too!

Peter Laviolette? Gone
Tom Barasso? Gone

I think we're onto something here. Something...big.

You forgot about Aucoin and Boulerice. ;)

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
You forgot about Aucoin and Boulerice. ;)

Yes! Two more players carelessly and ruthlessly cast aside by the conspiracy! I thought of another, too. Doug Weight. It's almost acquired Weight just to cast him aside as soon as the season was over - like a...disposable player! This conspiracy goes deep, no doubt. Between you, me, and rocky7 though, I'm sure we can get to the bottom of it.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Lots of teams compensate for the one dimensional scorer and go on. It's the rest of the squad that needs to be solid. Semin isn't as one dimensional as we thought, and we need a ppg guy. If he was a guy who had everything we wouldn't have gotten him. I don't love tlusty either but he's done the job and I've come around to like him.

To me the defense is the stereotypical euro problem, and I mean the whole group. They play like Don Cherry's worst nightmare.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Lots of teams compensate for the one dimensional scorer and go on. It's the rest of the squad that needs to be solid. Semin isn't as one dimensional as we thought, and we need a ppg guy. If he was a guy who had everything we wouldn't have gotten him. I don't love tlusty either but he's done the job and I've come around to like him.

To me the defense is the stereotypical euro problem, and I mean the whole group. They play like Don Cherry's worst nightmare.

And they are almost all American.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad