Confirmed with Link: Alex Semin and Hurricanes agree to 5 year, 7 million avg deal

NorthStar4Canes

Oct 12, 2007
"I'm very happy to sign here with this organization, this team," Semin said after Tuesday's morning skate at PNC Arena. "I like the Carolina fans, this city, everything. I like playing here."
What makes the Canes a good fit for him?
"I like playing here. Good team for me," he said. "It's a new life.
Sounds good to me. Can't bring myself to start worrying about cap space etc...not my job. Now that he's got some security maybe that'll shake the goal-scoring yips too.

For the first seven years of the Russian's career, his life in the U.S. was based in Washington, D.C., playing for the Washington Capitals. He was a first-round draft pick of the Caps, had a 40-goal season for the Caps.
Poor guy, everyone outside D.C. knows how screwed-up that place is for anything past visiting the Smithsonian. At least he's around normal people now.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
I am surprised that they came to a deal so soon after what both he and JR said earlier. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes and why but something in the timing seems a little off to me. That said, he did take a cut (people should remember that. However, the salaries on this team do seem to be a little out of whack) but Carolina seems like the perfect place for Alex. Low key, nice place to live and this would apparently confirm that he and the other players like eachother and are getting along just fine. Good deal all the way around. He should be wearing an "A" IMO. I don't think his English is a hinderance. Perhaps he doesn't want it.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Do we know if there is a NTC or not?

The previous time I checked capgeek, it said they didn't have the details of the contract yet. Now when I check it, that message is gone away and there still isn't any NTC/NMC clause attached. So I would assume no, he doesn't have one.

Anton Babchuk

Nov 3, 2005
Raleigh-Durham
twitter.com
Alex: "Hey, I don't want to be traded at the deadline."

JR: "Ok, we can extend you"

Boom.
More like

Alex: "Hello, Mister Rudderfawd. I like play here"

JR: "Sorry Alex, I'm having a nice dinner with Chad, I'll have to call you back"

Alex: "I like play here"

JR: "Alex, bye"

Alex: "No traffic"

JR: "Alex, is there something you want?"

Alex: "All the money"

JR: "How much"

Alex: "30 million"

JR: "Deal"

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
More like

JR: "Sorry Alex, I'm having a nice dinner with Chad, I'll have to call you back"

Did Alex Semin skate with Ron Francis when he was a lad?

CanesAvs16

Jun 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
More like

You sir, just made my night :laugh:

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
More like

JR: "How about 35?"

Alex: "Yes"

Fixed that.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
More like

Forgot the "I like fishing here, it better than Ontario" part.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
Sounds good to me. Can't bring myself to start worrying about cap space etc...not my job. Now that he's got some security maybe that'll shake the goal-scoring yips too.

Poor guy, everyone outside D.C. knows how screwed-up that place is for anything past visiting the Smithsonian. At least he's around normal people now.

He's due to break out but is sure being closely checked. Even so, I'm confident he will really turn it up a notch or two even more than he has and find a way to elude those assigned to check him.

No doubt Carolina fits Alexs' style. To me, he took a cut and could have gotten another mil. or two from some big market outfit. It was obviously worth it to him to stay here. And, people were saying that he was in it only for the money :shakehead. So much BS and misconception about the guy that he has certainly dispelled now.

Anyhow, live in the big cities of Pittsburgh or New York? Ugh!!! Carolina is sooo much nicer. As much as I think Muller has not been up to the task lately, I have always been willing to continue to give him time to figure this all out. I hope he does and they take off again just in time for the playoffs. I have a feeling that that will happen. Fingers crossed!

donkshow

Aug 19, 2007
tumblr_mki66wwVQ01qg71cno2_500.gif

SeaBasstian

Don't Tread On Me
Mar 5, 2007
Connecticut
some random info. he is still a point/game + player (34 points in 33 games) and is currently on a 2 game goal/point streak. 6 of his 10 goals have come in March.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad