Alex Nylander

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
What happening here? out for this season?
Yes. He hurt his leg in the playoffs. They tried to let it heal, then hurt it again training for the season and had surgery of like 6 months timeline around December/January

Reactions: d rake

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Yes. He hurt his leg in the playoffs. They tried to let it heal, then hurt it again training for the season and had surgery of like 6 months timeline around December/January
Thanks! Hes a workout freak and will come back better. I hope.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

March 22

you can see instability in the knee as he moves up and down.

not a typical hockey player build in the lower body

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Hockey player’s bodies are pretty weird sometimes. I remember seeing a bunch of guys and Nick Schmaltz in particular in person at one of the “Kieth Relief” events. They looked like skinny college kids.

I also met Ovechkin a few weeks later and he was a little flabby but as big as a tree.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
The guys with explosive speed have massive thighs. Al Nylander is not one of those players.

WarLax

Apr 17, 2016
JFC some people in here....

He was 4th on the team last year in points/60min.

He's coming from an organization that is easily the biggest dumpster fire in the league. The same org that let Hagel walk for nothing.

He's going to be very cheap coming off a significant knee surgery.

Whatever you may think of his attitude there is 0 downside to keeping him, my goodness we are a rebuilding team.

The team this year =/= last year's team. We have time and he deserves his shot to fit in with this new "buy-in" culture along with all the other youth.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Hawks cannot be pissing away decent lottery tickets (Nylander) for even worse lottery tickets (3rd and 5th). Sure, Nylander is a gigantic enigma. Is he good, is he bad. Will he ever be a legit top 6 wing? Who the hell knows?

But his upside is almost assuredly higher than what you'd get with most picks outside of the first round. Despite being an easy player to rag-on last year, his 5v5 points per 60 were higher than guys like DeBrincat, Cagiula, Dach, and Shaw.

His PPG last year wasn't much different than what guys like Hagel, Kurashev, and Suter have. You can't just give away that type of player for nothing.

Last edited:

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Are everyone forgetting that his contract ends after this season. I highly doubt he gets re-signed. Hawks have better players what him
to fill the bottom 6. If someone actually wants him, by all means sell him when still someone wants him.
- but it wont be for much, because to trade an injured player who's contract is up, i don't see getting even a 3rd round pick

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Hawks cannot be pissing away decent lottery tickets (Nylander) for even worse lottery tickets (3rd and 5th). Sure, Nylander is a gigantic enigma. Is he good, is he bad. Will he ever be a legit top 6 wing? Who the hell knows?

But his upside is almost assuredly higher than what you'd get with most picks outside of the first round. Despite being an easy player to rag-on last year, his 5v5 points per 60 were higher than guys like DeBrincat, Cagiula, Dach, and Shaw.

His PPG last year wasn't much different than what guys like Hagel, Kurashev, and Suter had. You can't just give away that type of player for nothing.
Ding Ding Ding.....
Pretend he's a 23 year old forward coming from Sweden, and Jokiharju sucks anyway.(or Buffalo has no idea what they're doing in player development)

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Are everyone forgetting that his contract ends after this season. I highly doubt he gets re-signed. Hawks have better players what him
to fill the bottom 6. If someone actually wants him, by all means sell him when still someone wants him.
- but it wont be for much, because to trade an injured player who's contract is up, i don't see getting even a 3rd round pick
If we aren't getting a 3rd, why trade him? He's an RFA who isn't arbitration eligible and missed an entire year of playing. How much of a raise do you honestly think he's getting???

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

You don’t think he is getting resigned? Are you joking?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad