Alex Nylander

SuterHaglshev

Mar 21, 2021
If we aren't getting a 3rd, why trade him? He's an RFA who isn't arbitration eligible and missed an entire year of playing. How much of a raise do you honestly think he's getting???

Good point, you've changed my mind. And signing Nylander as an RFA will be cost effective. Maybe he's a 20 goal scorer and 15-20% better than Janmark and sticks in the top six.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

March 22

you can see instability in the knee as he moves up and down.

not a typical hockey player build in the lower body

You do realize those are one legged squats being done with added weight, right? His build is fine. He hasn't been able to train his lower body or skate this entire time, so of course he lost muscle mass in his legs.....

Not a typical hockey player build? Do you even know any hockey players?? I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about here

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
The photos in this thread do not depict the body of a workout freak.

Still accurate and actually not disputed in this thread.

Look at Ovechkin’s body type.... you think he’d be a wrecking ball and one of the best goal scorers of all time?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Huh? Ovi is a monster physically. He's listed at 6'3" and 238 lbs. What are you talking about exactly?

Without a shirt on he looks flabby and borderline overweight.

What I’m saying is judging a hockey player just by how they look is pointless. I don’t even like Nylander but to say he looks weak or like he can’t play off a few workout pictures is just dumb.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
You do realize those are one legged squats being done with added weight, right? His build is fine. He hasn't been able to train his lower body or skate this entire time, so of course he lost muscle mass in his legs.....

Not a typical hockey player build? Do you even know any hockey players?? I don't think you have any idea what you're talking about here

Maybe he worded it incorrectly but strong legs are a must for any NHLer. The best of them all, Crosby, is the perfect example of what he was referring to.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Without a shirt on he looks flabby and borderline overweight.

What I’m saying is judging a hockey player just by how they look is pointless. I don’t even like Nylander but to say he looks weak or like he can’t play off a few workout pictures is just dumb.

Remember "Fat Saad" from a few years ago? :laugh:

Yeah you can't judge a player's physique by a photo, and you can't judge a player's conditioning/athleticism by a photo either.

Reactions: RayP

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I think I read this after Nylander got injured:

The hot dog vendor who parks daily on West Madison Street just lost his most reliable customer. Almost every afternoon at 2:30 p.m., often wearing a toque, Alex Nylander would wander from his neighbourhood condominium to consume his daily snack.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
I think I read this after Nylander got injured:

The hot dog vendor who parks daily on West Madison Street just lost his most reliable customer. Almost every afternoon at 2:30 p.m., often wearing a toque, Alex Nylander would wander from his neighbourhood condominium to consume his daily snack.

My cousin’s friend’s 3rd grade teacher’s dog trainer said they read on the internet....

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
My cousin’s friend’s 3rd grade teacher’s dog trainer said they read on the internet....

Let's face it. Nylander doesn't play like a guy who is serious about training and playing the game right. On the surface, he looks a lot like a player who has had it pretty easy in his hockey life.
His brother is similar but is quite a bit more talented, so he can get away with it.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Let's face it. Nylander doesn't play like a guy who is serious about training and playing the game right. On the surface, he looks a lot like a player who has had it pretty easy in his hockey life.
His brother is similar but is quite a bit more talented, so he can get away with it.

No he strikes me as a young player who has not developed quickly and is learning the way, some his fault as he is not consistent but a lot of it has to do with BUF completely messing up his development.

William Nylander is a pretty damn good hockey player and doesn’t play the wrong way. We would be lucky to have him on the Hawks.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
No he strikes me as a young player who has not developed quickly and is learning the way, some his fault as he is not consistent but a lot of it has to do with BUF completely messing up his development.

William Nylander is a pretty damn good hockey player and doesn’t play the wrong way. We would be lucky to have him on the Hawks.

yes William is a heck of a player and the physical dev't of his body is much, much different than his brother Alex's, one of them has chose to hit the weight room early in his life preparing for hockey and bulking up certain parts of their body and the other is choosing the opposite.

no I am not saying that Alex or anyone who does not hit the weight room and bulk up certain parts of the body can't be successful cause it does happen.

it remains to be seen if Alex' approach will turn out to be successful, we know Williams already is...

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
yes William is a heck of a player and the physical dev't of his body is much, much different than his brother Alex's, one of them has chose to hit the weight room early in his life preparing for hockey and bulking up certain parts of their body and the other is choosing the opposite.

no I am not saying that Alex or anyone who does not hit the weight room and bulk up certain parts of the body can't be successful cause it does happen.

it remains to be seen if Alex' approach will turn out to be successful, we know Williams already is...

Proof? Here is some showing you are wrong.

Last edited:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006

google Alex and William Nylander and look at some photos, I think some were posted in this thread if you prefer to go that route...

Its clear that William spent more time in the gym bulking up and developing his thighs

Alex' not the same...to be clear I am not saying Alex cant be successful without the tree trunk like thighs...but what we do know is that William already is...

Reactions: BobbyJet

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Nylander's height and weight is similar to Sharpies'.

Yes, he isn't always engaged. Doesn't mean he isn't strong.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
google Alex and William Nylander and look at some photos, I think some were posted in this thread if you prefer to go that route...

Its clear that William spent more time in the gym bulking up and developing his thighs

Alex' not the same...to be clear I am not saying Alex cant be successful without the tree trunk like thighs...but what we do know is that William already is...

It is clear you are wrong.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Neither plays a complete game and I think you know that. Our Nylander is hanging by a thread to remain in this league. It's not over yet for him but this injury is a major setback.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->