Alex Nylander vs Tage Thompson

TT or Nylander?

• Total voters

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
The big picture could’ve included ROR AND Skinner in it. Even then you have two guys who can play in the top 6 and one who can play winger or centerman and has chemistry with Eichel and Reinhart. Though one can argue the trade wasn’t to make room for salary this offseason but for guys 2-3 years from now. But even then you could trade him down the road, not at a time when a guy like Mittelstadt needs time to develop. It’s a bad trade and I don’t believe for one second that ROR’s attitude in the ice makes a difference on our record, but I’m pretty damn sure his talent would have an impact on record in the standings, assuming Housley doesn’t run him into the ground. Bad trade all around, though the players may have some worth.
I don't have as high regard for ROR as many of you here. That's fine. I think 7.5 can be allocated better elsewhere. Even without Skinner. The Sabres young players will be demanding RFA contracts in a year or 2. Reinhart was bridged, and Dahlin will get significant increases. In the end I don't see ROR as one of those core big signings worth keeping. He likely would have stuck around the Avs and the Sabres if he was.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I don't have as high regard for ROR as many of you here. That's fine. I think 7.5 can be allocated better elsewhere. Even without Skinner. The Sabres young players will be demanding RFA contracts in a year or 2. Reinhart was bridged, and Dahlin will get significant increases. In the end I don't see ROR as one of those core big signings worth keeping. He likely would have stuck around the Avs and the Sabres if he was.
Because these franchises are such a model of competence?

Reactions: sabremike

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Because these franchises are such a model of competence?
Well that's a different topic. But both are on the improve with younger better cores. You can't make an argument that both are not trending in the right direction with the talent they have coming up. Rantanen, Mackinnon, Landeskog, Eichel, Skinner, Reinhart, Dahlin.

The cap now reduces who you pay in the core grouping of players.

I think the Sabres did the right thing here. In order to move into the Eichel era, ROR had to be let go. They didn't win anything with him. So for 7.5 added back on the cap, a first, Thompson, Sobovka, and now also not on the hook for Berglund's contract. The Sabres can properly develop Middlestadt as the #2 C of their future while also adding to their future.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Watching NHL Network countdown of the top plays of the first half of the season, they just showed the Carter Hutton 3-0 save against the Rangers and Tage Thompson was on the ice and I got mad just seeing his visage on my TV. Perhaps I am, in fact, mad online about this player. Perhaps. BUT, know this: I will never change, regardless of the facts set out before me.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Watching NHL Network countdown of the top plays of the first half of the season, they just showed the Carter Hutton 3-0 save against the Rangers and Tage Thompson was on the ice and I got mad just seeing his visage on my TV. Perhaps I am, in fact, mad online about this player. Perhaps. BUT, know this: I will never change, regardless of the facts set out before me.
But he will toedrag his way into your heart just like he has mine!!!!! Believe in our blessed unglate herbivore!!!

Reactions: toomuchsauce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad