Confirmed with Link: Alex Newhook for 31st, 37th and Fairbrother

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Newhook isn't small.I've stood relatively close to him at the stanley cup thing last year.He is 5'11 and close to 200 pounds .Very solidly built like an Andrei Kovalenko back in the day. He is a very very fast skater with a deceptively quick shot and tenacity and has a cup ring and will bring that experience into the room which counts for something as well. Not worried about this guy at all and he should fit in seamlessly. The hockeywriters said he is the fastest skater after Jack Hughes in that entire draft class

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Newhook isn't small.I've stood relatively close to him at the stanley cup thing last year.He is 5'11 and close to 200 pounds .Very solidly built like an Andrei Kovalenko back in the day. He is a very very fast skater with a deceptively quick shot and tenacity and has a cup ring and will bring that experience into the room which counts for something as well. Not worried about this guy at all and he should fit in seamlessly. The hockeywriters said he is the fastest skater after Jack Hughes in that entire draft class

Maybe you're not as tall as you think you are

Reactions: Wats and CAUFIELD

JRichard

Jul 7, 2021
If he hits 60 pts per year, you landed a legit top 6 players for draft picks we historically spend on guys like Poehling, McCarron, Tinordi, Ylonen, Tuch, De la Rose, Fucale, Struble, Mysak…

I don’t know in what world is that a negative no matter what size the said player is
Doubling his production?
thats your expectations?
you know the west as really weak last year with 3 out of 4 worst teams.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
I am 6 feet even barefoot and he was pretty much the same height as me and is built like a brick shithouse with Crosby legs. He's not a waifishly thin 5'11 guy.

1687991084084.png

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I am 6 feet even barefoot and he was pretty much the same height as me and is built like a brick shithouse with Crosby legs. He's not a waifishly thin 5'11 guy.
Then where do all the remarks about him being weak on the puck and in puck battles come from? I don't know him much. If he can pass, score, fly, has a decent two-way game and is built like a brick shithouse, then why the hell did the Avs trade him when they have a hole at the middle-6 center positions?

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
Then where do all the remarks about him being weak on the puck and in puck battles come from? I don't know him much. If he can pass, score, fly, has a decent two-way game and is built like a brick shithouse, then why the hell did the Avs trade him when they have a hole at the middle-6 center positions?
He couldn’t step up, in his third NHL year, to play 2C for a competitive team. That’s a fair criticism of him but Hughes and MSL both acknowledged it.

It’s a lot like the Dach playbook. They feel the player has more than he’s been capable of showing.

Reactions: Toene

Talik Sanis

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
He couldn’t step up, in his third NHL year, to play 2C for a competitive team. That’s a fair criticism of him but Hughes and MSL both acknowledged it.

It’s a lot like the Dach playbook. They feel the player has more than he’s been capable of showing.
One of the radical differences between the two - aside from talent level and basic skill and size when the team already has a diminutive top six forward core - is that one missed a significant portion of the prior season with an injury and slogged through multiple years on one of the worst teams in the league.

The other looked lost on one of the best teams in the league and floundered with every opportunity granted him.

The reclamation projects are not on the same level in my view.

Share your amazing ideas so we can feel better!
What, wasting good picks on a career third liner and drafting a bottom pairing defenseman over someone who will be putting up a point per game in four years?

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
One of the radical differences between the two - aside from talent level and basic skill and size when the team already has a diminutive top six forward core - is that one missed a significant portion of the prior season with an injury and slogged through multiple years on one of the worst teams in the league.

The other looked lost on one of the best teams in the league and floundered with every opportunity granted him.

The reclamation projects are not on the same level in my view.
I think you and I are aligned on a lot of topics and perspectives. Nevertheless Hughes and MSL feel like Newhook has unrealized upside, I think it's fair to agree on that -- right?

Hughes knows Newhook very well (being his agent until recently), so maybe he feels like he has insight into the play that others -- not even Colorado -- would have. I don't particularly love the acquisition but it's very much a "well, what do we have here?" situation for me.

Reactions: HabzSauce

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I figure its already been said but don't we have too many forwards now? Have there been any rumors that we'd trade someone?
There was too many before getting Newhook. :laugh:

Someone is hopefully traded, maybe once the UFA market dries up since none were at the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad