Confirmed with Link: Alex Newhook for 31st, 37th and Fairbrother

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
There was too many before getting Newhook. :laugh:

Someone is hopefully traded, maybe once the UFA market dries up since none were at the draft.
We have too many 3rd liners would be the correct way to present this instead of we have to many forwards. We have two forwards who i would say qualify as legit top 6 on any team in the NHL. All others have things to prove. The closer to be one along Suzuki and Caufield is surely Dach. But Monahan would play on the 3rd line of a couple of top teams. Same for Anderson. Those guys are not clear cut top 6 talents.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
So how many fans are going to have an instant hate on for Newhook because we gave up 31 and 37. :popcorn:
Judging by how the rest of the draft went, I'm starting to rationalize Habs would have wasted the picks anyways.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
With the picks still in our possession, I bet they would have considered moving down a bit more, but who knows? Seems it was more important getting another Desharnais/Eller duo behind a Plekanec. :naughty:

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Chicago tanks 1 year and all of sudden their cupboard is FULL now...

They are TANKMASTERS.

Chicago just got a guy that will change their team for ever.

They picked twice in the first round and three times in the second round.

In the next three years they will have 5 first round picks and 8 second round picks. Last year they had 3 first round picks and 2 second round picks.

In total that’s 10 first round picks and 13 second round picks over a five year period.

They won’t all make it, but they are in a position to take chances with multiple talented players. Thats 32 picks in the top 100 in a five year period (if 3rd round picks are included).

In comparison we had 3 first rounds picks and 2 second rounds picks in the last two years with a total of 7 first round picks and 5 second round picks.

It’s absolutely crazy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad