NESN Alex Kraemer out at NESN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Alex improved this past season but she ignored advise to tone down her wardrobe. NESN viewers seldom saw here from head to toe but she made sure her followers on social media saw her outfits. Makeup was another issue - in a studio with controlled lighting makeup can complement - but not so much when under the stands in an arena.

Earlier this season she blocked me on Twitter

View attachment 239263

I thought it was a mistake and asked her about it kiddingly and she replied ' Listen old man, one phone call from me and you will never work a Bruins game again.' - I just put my hands up and said 'Go ahead and make that call'

To this day I don't know why she was angered at me - and I DON'T CARE

I do know that I told a long time friend that I was getting friction from a female talent who appeared to be ready to accuse me of something and my friend said YOU????? - and she told me if anything happened she would back me 100%

View attachment 239267

Naoko had the job for 5 years but Tom Werner wanted eye candy for Bruins TV. Jamie Erdahl worked one year and was replaced by Guerin Austin and then Sarah Davis.

Werner no longer has final approval on Bruins announcers - Cam does but will listen to Charlie Moore who produces Behind the B.

I'm so disgusted by this! I felt that she was a jerk but thought that it was my imagination. I need to learn to trust my intuition.
What is it with the Bruins that they seem to have a "thing" for Philadelphia connected on air personalities? Granted Ms Hextall has a hockey
background but her on air personality is kinda dull and b**chy too. In terms of makeup and hair she's the polar opposite of AK.
Back to Alex ****ing Kramer, WHAT A POS!!!:mad: Que the W.C. Fields jokes about Philadelphia! SO glad Harry Sinden didn't allow Ray Bourque to
be traded there! BTW: What is the fascination with Charlie ****ing Moore also? Does he get Cam his Chivas Regal wholesale?!?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ratty and BMC

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
You may get him.

I don't understand NESN's turnstile approach to on ice reporters. Never had a problem with any of them, except one whose name I can't recall.

Pretty stupid. Wish her the best.

Of those since Naoko, Jamie Erdahl left for a network job and Guerin Austin moved within the company to the Red Sox. Sarah Davis left of her own accord for personal reasons, as she was expecting a child at the time. She's still working in TV in Toronto. And given NESN's profile as a stepping stone to network jobs, I'm not surprised to see its reporters move on.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
NESN will never....ever learn. Fans want knowledge, not MAC and Sephora. B**bs dont help ratings.

As a female fan (I like to say student of the game), I want facts, humor and carisma, and someone who knows the game.

AND I'm on board with Kate08 on this one.

The fans *****ed about Naoko, and bithced about Rob Simpson and *****ed about this young woman. let it go. the schtick doesnt work in between periods anymore.

(and I must be getting old, because I'm not sure what qualifies as "hot' anymore. and why its important in hockey?)

THIS to a T! Right on the money Cynthia!!! Alex irritated me to no end but I figured it shouldn't matter that much to me because I use that 20 minutes between periods to do something else etc. There HAS to be a better use of that time than to ask the some of the dumbest questions known to mankind! Now, after hearing what she said to Kevin I'd like to ring her neck but I guess as I'm getting old I have "anger issues"! Or maybe it just hit home since I'm an "old man." Either way **** her and her low rent, phony schtick!

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyMomx2 and BMC

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
lol.jpg

I'll miss the face and hair...
not really.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Alex sans makeup; her true personality!

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC and Dr Hook

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Yeah, gotta figure NESN is going to the classic model this time after having a nice new sports car for a few years.

*yawn*

Now there is zero reason for me to watch intermission interviews. "But she really delivers the questions well..." Super.

“So what do you need to do better to overcome this deficit?”

Or

“So what do you need to do to maintain this lead?”

Zzzzzz...get the puck in deep...zzzzzzzz...stay disciplined...zzzzzzz...one shift at a time...zzzzzz...

Fantastic.

I’m a big fan of her...

“How does it feel to?” Questions.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Not my style.

NESN telecasts have become stale. If I was producing I would move Brick to 'inside the glass' which he has done for NBC on occasion. The rinkside reporter should focus on features - for example on the road give Bruins fans a taste of what a visiting arena is like.

I agree with both of these points. Granted, I don't know the specifics behind the Jack/Brick dynamic, and if "something" in their dynamic would be lost if they were 85 feet apart and 9 floors away from each other. Even so, having Brick shoot a question or two to the coaches during the game coming back from TV timeouts (like the big network does) would be refreshing.

The sideline reporter during the intermissions should be fluffy stuff. Backes and dogs. Places to eat while you're on the road. A quick segment with the team nutritionist or Pasta's dentist (if he still has his license). Basically a mini Behind the B episode. If Brick is moved down at ice level, he could do a "breathless player interview", although I think timing it would be tough, since the players probably need to go to the locker room as soon as possible.

Those in-game player interviews never interesting anyway...and when they replay them in the Garden, there's a weird phenomenon where I can hear Alex perfectly, but as soon as the player talks, it's unintelligible. I can hear them perfectly on TV - maybe it's an acoustic thing?

Reactions: BMC

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Rob Simpson is the only one I actually liked a great deal. Most of the rest were "meh" -- not great, not awful. Alex is my least favorite one. A horse posing as a hooker, trying way too hard. Good riddance.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Strafer

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Think about her interviews with Tuukka Rask ;)
It may have been my imagination but I always thought that the players tightened up when answering her questions. They didn't IMO look comfortable
or trusting of her. I mentioned it several times to my wife as in "look, look at the way he won't look at her and she would try hard to get them
to give her a reaction but they NEVER seemed to warm up to her.

FONZIE

AYYYYYY!!!!
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Moved to Wisconsin
sorry to offend anyone here but I would take Caryn Switaj 8 days a week over Kramer, thought she was terrific
She was fine, but talked really strange. Like she was inhaling while talking. The only comparison I can come up in my head is that Chocolate Rain guy. Watch his studio videos and he sings similar....

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
It may have been my imagination but I always thought that the players tightened up when answering her questions. They didn't IMO look comfortable
or trusting of her. I mentioned it several times to my wife as in "look, look at the way he won't look at her and she would try hard to get them
to give her a reaction but they NEVER seemed to warm up to her.

Afraid of wife aggro. As all husbands should be.

Banded Peak

Apr 15, 2015
NESN is AAA to get a big network gig and they pay more than major Canadian networks.

Leah was working at CTV in Toronto as a news anchor before coming to NESN and she was a news anchor in Winnipeg before Toronto.

NESN is the second most profitable broadcast outlet in New England - only Bristol Clown College is bigger.

NBC Sports Boston, by comparison, gets a fraction of what NESN gets in monthly subscriber fees but they spend heavily on talent for nongame programming.

NESN's attitude towards nongame studio shows is this - from CIII-DT Toronto

Leah moderated the intermissions for Flames games for a couple seasons on SN west. She did pretty well I thougbt, the Flames fans I know where baffled when she wasnt brought back. You could do a lot worse. At least Leah knows her shit.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Fraternization is the elephant in the room, especially on the road.

In recent years we have seen Hazel Mae, Jenny Dell, Heidi Watney and Jess Moran become tabloid fodder and that really is unfair. Yes stations can put in place a non-fraternization clause in a contract but any HR expert (@Kate08 please correct me if wrong) would say they wouldn't want to test the legal system on it being valid.

Stuff happens on a road trip - alcohol and hormones kick in and well............................... Why do think Olympic Villages pass out thousands of condoms?

What happens in Shenzhen should have stayed in Shenzhen but didn't.

I am rooting for Jess Moran to get the Bruins gig as she has spent 2 years in exile in Manchester, NH.

Look - there are now 7.7 billion people on this planet - we all got here the same way.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Leah moderated the intermissions for Flames games for a couple seasons on SN west. She did pretty well I thougbt, the Flames fans I know where baffled when she wasnt brought back. You could do a lot worse. At least Leah knows her ****.

Leah was blindsided when Sportsnet made drastic cuts after losing millions the first 2 years of the national contract but they made the cuts to Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton telecasts.

Rogers even tried to screw over US-based contractors by saying they would give us a 10% raise BUT we would be paid in $CDN. :thumbd:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Fraternization is the elephant in the room, especially on the road.

In recent years we have seen Hazel Mae, Jenny Dell, Heidi Watney and Jess Moran become tabloid fodder and that really is unfair. Yes stations can put in place a non-fraternization clause in a contract but any HR expert (@Kate08 please correct me if wrong) would say they wouldn't want to test the legal system on it being valid.

Stuff happens on a road trip - alcohol and hormones kick in and well............................... Why do think Olympic Villages pass out thousands of condoms?

What happens in Shenzhen should have stayed in Shenzhen but didn't.

I am rooting for Jess Moran to get the Bruins gig as she has spent 2 years in exile in Manchester, NH.

Look - there are now 7.7 billion people on this planet - we all got here the same way.

Well Massachusetts is an employment-at-will state. Contracts are actually the exception, not the norm - your industry is very different from the majority of the working world (in many ways!).

A team would be wise to have non-fraternization policies - in fact, I kind of assumed they did. I believe that cheerleading squads supporting professional sports do. I don’t think there’s really a challenge with the validity of having such a clause. It could also be covered in a standards of conduct policy.

The only reason I could think of such a policy being problematic is that even if the the players had a similar policy or clause in place and the consequence was not the same as that of the reporter, assuming the majority of the population is heterosexual, the terminated persons lawyer could claim discrimination. Reporter A engaged in consensual sexual behavior with Player B. Reporter A’s contract is terminated or not renewed while Player B suffers no consequence. It could be argued that that the contracts are written to favor the (male) athlete so the non-renewing or canceling entity of (female) Reporter A’s contract better have other reasons/documentation for the non-renewal. By nature of a contract it’s not a permanent offer of employment but depending on the circumstances that may or may not matter.

If I’ve learned anything in my career, even if there’s nothing there to sue for, people will find something.

Reactions: Strafer
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad