Alex Galchenyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
If Alex stays healthy, avoids wrist injuries(Commonplace among young players) his experience could see him quite conceivably reach the 50 - 60 pts range, conservative total for a player with his abilities, IMHO.:nod:

CHarlie

They feed me CHicken
Feb 3, 2012
Ontario
IMHO we have got ourselves one heck of a hockey player here........he has the fire and determination to be the best and at 20 years old he is already showed flashes of being that superstar player this team has lacked for years.

So excited about him and his future as a Montreal Canadien...........:yo:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Great to see him having the early success and I am of the feeling that he will maintain a strong pace all season.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
It's reassuring to see the Habs aren't rushing Alex's learning curve, playing alongside Plekanec whose career hasn't seen him injured. He is learning the right way to play hard and safely, a talent in itself which can prolong a very good career.:nod:

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

Im just happy to see him play the way he does, whether he scores or not. I wasnt really impressed with his game last year.

Habsfan2731

Jan 2, 2014
Toronto
When he's on the ice, you can sense something is going to happen, he looks so much quicker, bigger, more physical, he looks deadly on the ice & now it's nice that not only is 67-51-11 a scoring line but 27-14-15 looks good & even 17-81-26 look good, 3 good, balanced scoring threats.

Gabouch

Oct 24, 2013
Montreal
When he's on the ice, you can sense something is going to happen, he looks so much quicker, bigger, more physical, he looks deadly on the ice & now it's nice that not only is 67-51-11 a scoring line but 27-14-15 looks good & even 17-81-26 look good, 3 good, balanced scoring threats.

Nope , not from what I've seen.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I was actually thinking about this last night after the game. To me the difference with him is his confidence. Last year and the year before he rarely skated with the puck. This year he is actually carrying the puck through the neutral zone. Previously he would look to pass the puck when he would get pressured. Now he is attacking with the puck. I remember from clips on YouTube when he played on the Sting that he would drive with the puck. He is doing that now.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Glad I'm not the GM. I would've picked Filip Forsberg.

Good to seee someone admit that as a lot of the forum likes to claim that they always knew Galchenyuk was best.

I remember there being alot of talk about grigorenko, forsberg, terrevainen, etc.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Nope , not from what I've seen.

Watch again. It's not because their don't contribute on the scoreboard means that they don't create anything on the ice.

Maybe it lacks a bit of productivity so far but the chances are there, I'm not worried at all. The majority of their shifts, they are in the offensive zone, cycling the puck and creating scoring chances. Their only problem is the lack of finish. Bourque, Eller and Sekac could have got 2-3 goals each if they are a bit more lucky/opportunist. As a third line, I absolutely have no problem with them at all and no, I don't put any importance in those +/- numbers for that line, it does not show at all the reality of their play.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's reassuring to see the Habs aren't rushing Alex's learning curve, playing alongside Plekanec whose career hasn't seen him injured. He is learning the right way to play hard and safely, a talent in itself which can prolong a very good career.:nod:

No his learning curve is rushing them. :laugh:
I watch him pick up new tricks from Plecky all the time.
Two things scare me a tad a knee on knee as he dekes or a slash to the wrist.
Knock on wood and god bless...

Apr 28, 2010
Good to seee someone admit that as a lot of the forum likes to claim that they always knew Galchenyuk was best.

I remember there being alot of talk about grigorenko, forsberg, terrevainen, etc.

Yeah I forgot about Grigorenko.

My list was

Forsberg (I thought the Habs needed a Swedish superstar :laugh:)
Grigorenko
Galchenyuk

I was just "okay" with the pick at the time, but now I'm just really happy we picked Chuckie. He's got the right attitude. I used to ignore that when It comes to player analysis.

Forsberg had the appeal something about the name? :nod:

Yes. I will admit Peter Forsberg had something to do with it too. :laugh:

Chacal667

Jul 14, 2012
Montreal
Well i dont know if this has been done yet, but i can't find the topic.

First Galchenyuk is on fire early this year, he got 6 points in 6 games. Well even tought this is a small sample to say he will have a very good year, i've still noticed a difference with last year in his game.

It seems to me that he's bigger this year he took some tonus, he play more physical and he's less scared and intmidated from other teams.

Remember last year he was like 170 pound all wet and was looking shrimpy, now hes listed at 203 lbs on nhl.com

Should 2014 be Galchenyuk break up year?

/discuss

In reality he lost weight this summer, on rds they said that he worked hard on his explosion and the loss of weight help him on that.

Maybe he's less shy to use his body and throw some hits, it could be why he look bigger

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Subban said during the post Avs game interview his awsome goal was inspired by watching Galchenyuk deke like that in front of the goalie during practice !

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
In reality he lost weight this summer, on rds they said that he worked hard on his explosion and the loss of weight help him on that.

Maybe he's less shy to use his body and throw some hits, it could be why he look bigger

He definitely has a ton more confidence in his own ability. He would often get that deer in headlight's look last year. The really great players all use the body for one purpose, to remove the puck.
He is more engaged in doing just that, his board play is very good, and his explosiveness is a super surprise. It often takes a couple of years after a surgery to regain full strength and flexibility. Markov is a good example of that. He is much quicker now than he was his first year back. All these small details add up to huge potential this year.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Well since I'm not sure where is the Plekanec thread, I'm going to dump it here since it's closely related.

Аrpon Basu
‏@ArponBasu
Was asking Tomas Plekanec, "You're playing on an offensive line for the first time in..." and I trailed off. He finished it: "Years"

https://twitter.com/ArponBasu/status/520048998879875072

:bow:

I wish to God people would tone this O line stuff done some...
What happens when MT finds out? :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad