Alex Galchenyuk

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
If Galchenyuk ever finishes with more goals than assists I would be completely shocked.. switch those around makes a lot more sense.

They used to say the same thing about Pacioretty.

My prediction is that he gets over 25 goals, and between 60 - 75 points.

SB164

Apr 29, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
I rarely if ever agree with Gaston Therrien but he did make an interesting point last night on L'Antichambre. He said that perhaps the next captain doesn't have an A on his jersey yet, and if he has a huge breakout season potentially leading this team in points, Galchenyuk can cement himself into the captaincy conversation.

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Galchenyuk has looked great this preseason. I hope he will keep this up throughout the season. He could easily put up 50-60 points, especially if MT gives him the ice time and special teams to do so.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
I rarely if ever agree with Gaston Therrien but he did make an interesting point last night on L'Antichambre. He said that perhaps the next captain doesn't have an A on his jersey yet, and if he has a huge breakout season potentially leading this team in points, Galchenyuk can cement himself into the captaincy conversation.

Demers said that

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Last night first chance I had to see Galchenyuk play this pre-season. Looks like he has taken his game up a notch. More confident, drives to net, better skater..only playing with Gallagher and Plekanec doubt he will explode offensively like he could. Both are 40-50 point players. Ideally, next year this time, Galchenyuk needs to be #1 center with offensive wingers. Plekanec likely traded for good return and DLR centering 3rd line. Eller #2 center of course.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
He looks really fast compared to last year. :handclap:

He was already fast on the forecheck both of his first two years. Where he is faster now is WITH THE PUCK. And that is all about confidence.

For now, having him and Patches on two different lines makes it hard for the opponents to decide where to deploy their top checkers, and against most teams, will allow us to have a nice advantage 30% of the minutes, not matter who the other guys key in on.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I am cautiously optimistic that AG27 "breaks out" with a 60 point campaign. He would have hit around 40 points last year had he played 82 games. Last year his PP time was almost non existent and he pretty much played 3rd line minutes. This year he will see a good amount of PP time and log top 6 minutes, couple that with more maturity, more strength and you have a breakout season! Hopefully he stays healthy!

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
He was already fast on the forecheck both of his first two years. Where he is faster now is WITH THE PUCK. And that is all about confidence.

For now, having him and Patches on two different lines makes it hard for the opponents to decide where to deploy their top checkers, and against most teams, will allow us to have a nice advantage 30% of the minutes, not matter who the other guys key in on.

It's not just confidence, he's a bit lighter and his explosiveness/first couple steps were the only issue regarding his skating, at top speed he was always ready, but now he's added the explosiveness. The breakout year is here imo.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013

Gaston was probably referring to Desharnais... :sarcasm:

Feeling a breakout year from Galchenyuk. He's definitely taken his game up a notch in several areas. He made one play last night where he came out of nowhere at full speed, picked up a loose puck in the slot and charged the net, almost back handing it in. He's a lot stronger physically as well.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
hearing that he's more explosive and stronger is music to my ears.

Can't see him not breaking out. Just please god stay healthy!

UglyStupidAds

Sep 17, 2005
Edmonton
People are thinking in his third season that he's gonna lead our team in points and be a top 60 player in the league?

That's hopeful. Especially since the soft minutes and pp minutes all go to Desharnais trio
This.

Galchenyuk is one of my favourite young players in the league but predictions of 60 points or more are very optimistic. Going from .5 ppg to .75 ppg would be a crazy improvement in one season even with more time on ice and better linemates. It happens (Seguin, Johansen) but very rarely.

I can certainly see 50 points playing on the 2nd line. Hopefully he stays healthy, improves on the dot and starts shooting more.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
If he remains healthy I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up leading the team in points. He's learning fast and he's faster and stronger than he was a few months ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad