Alex Galchenyuk

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Desharnais will be moved during the season and Galchenyuk will be moved to centre. Book it, or whatever you guys like to do. This is happening!

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I have a great feeling about possibly witnessing a breakout season for Mr. Galchenyuk this upcoming season!

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I have a great feeling about possibly witnessing a breakout season for Mr. Galchenyuk this upcoming season!
There's a very good chance that we will witness that kind of thing. :handclap:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It will be interesting to see how he does with less sheltered minutes. He is not usually on the ice for own zone faceoffs and has faced lesser opposition. The talent is there but the physical strength is not, I would give him one more year before he is ready to break out. I predict 40-45 points anything more is a bonus.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Expectations are nice but it will also depend on how the guy is going to be used by MT. If he sees more ice time and more PP time which he should then his point production should go up. I'd like for him to hit 50pts, start off with that

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
It will be interesting to see how he does with less sheltered minutes. He is not usually on the ice for own zone faceoffs and has faced lesser opposition. The talent is there but the physical strength is not, I would give him one more year before he is ready to break out. I predict 40-45 points anything more is a bonus.

He is a pretty sturdy 205 LB kid, not sure I agree about him not having the physical strength. You can bet he will be even stronger this year. The kid is a gym rat

Puckinfilet

Jul 25, 2013
Atlantic Canada
Expectations ; 20G 40A

If he doesn't get 60 points, as long you see him play with intensity.
Really like what I saw in the few playoff games. Play like that all season long.

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
i have a feeling that by the end of next season, Chucky is gonna be one of our best forwards.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
He is a pretty sturdy 205 LB kid, not sure I agree about him not having the physical strength. You can bet he will be even stronger this year. The kid is a gym rat

he was 205 pounds last season when he couldn't win a board battle. Hopefully he got even stronger this offseason. If he improves his skating and balance... everything else will come naturally.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
20+ goals 30+ assists if he gets reasonable minutes.

He led our forwards in points for the first month or so last season while playing over 15 minutes and getting time on the PP. He was our best player vs the Rangers while playing over 15 minutes and getting some time on the PP.

No reason he can't be a dominant top6 forward for us this season. Hoping he can take DD's spot at centre during the season.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
I think logical expectations would be for him to get more than 60 points next season. He has the potential to be truly elite, and this is a crucial year for his development. Management knows this. I can't really see Therrien NOT giving Galchenyuk all the opportunity to succeed next year. Everyone in this franchise knows that Galchenyuk is the next top center of the Habs.

There's a logjam at center, though. So either Galchenyuk plays the wing in the top 6, or a center gets traded and he gets his shot at center. I think he will improve in every way this season, and if he doesn't break out this year, he will the next.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
This will be his breakout year. He'll start on the wing, but claim our #1 centre spot and get ~65 points.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
People are thinking in his third season that he's gonna lead our team in points and be a top 60 player in the league?

That's hopeful. Especially since the soft minutes and pp minutes all go to Desharnais trio

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
It will be another year for him before he gets to the next level, Max Pacioretty had to go to Hamilton and dominate before he learned how to succeed at the NHL level, lets not forget that. Galchenyuk may have to do the same. He has shown flashes of great play but he is nowhere near being a go to guy when the team needs a lift, he will be there but just not yet.:nod:

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
It will be another year for him before he gets to the next level, Max Pacioretty had to go to Hamilton and dominate before he learned how to succeed at the NHL level, lets not forget that. Galchenyuk may have to do the same. He has shown flashes of great play but he is nowhere near being a go to guy when the team needs a lift, he will be there but just not yet.:nod:

Or he could follow more in the footsteps of Ryan Johansen or Seguin, high picks eased into the C position but eventually the training wheels had to come off

Bound to be growing pains but you don't learn to be a #1C in the NHL by playing wing or dominating in the minors

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
I think logical expectations would be for him to get more than 60 points next season. He has the potential to be truly elite, and this is a crucial year for his development. Management knows this. I can't really see Therrien NOT giving Galchenyuk all the opportunity to succeed next year. Everyone in this franchise knows that Galchenyuk is the next top center of the Habs.

There's a logjam at center, though. So either Galchenyuk plays the wing in the top 6, or a center gets traded and he gets his shot at center. I think he will improve in every way this season, and if he doesn't break out this year, he will the next.
We know this will happen.
It is just a matter when.

Just looking at Johansen who was even sent back to AHL in 2012 and brought back in January 2013.
He did improved just before his RFA (BTW he is not signed yet).

I do expect a minimum of 50 points with Galchenyuk.
So we better try to expect his RFA deal:
  • 45 points: 2.5M X 2 years;
  • 50 points: 3M X 2 years;
  • 55 points: 4M X 2 years;
  • 60 points: 4.5M X 2 years (a la MaxPac);
  • 70 points: Galchenyuk calls PK...

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
We know this will happen.
It is just a matter when.

Just looking at Johansen who was even sent back to AHL in 2012 and brought back in January 2013.
He did improved just before his RFA (BTW he is not signed yet).

I do expect a minimum of 50 points with Galchenyuk.
So we better try to expect his RFA deal:
  • 45 points: 2.5M X 2 years;
  • 50 points: 3M X 2 years;
  • 55 points: 4M X 2 years;
  • 60 points: 4.5M X 2 years (a la MaxPac);
  • 70 points: Galchenyuk calls PK...
That was the lockout when RJ went to the AHL, he was back when it was over and was nothing special with only 12 pts in 40 GP (when a 2 yr younger AG was getting 27) but the Jackets let him roll with it and it paid off the next year

More baptism by fire is needed for some of these guys (including Tinordi & Beaulieu)

Give Chucky at least the pre-season with Pacs and Gallagher and see how it goes but I'd give him the 1st 20 games and let DD try wing with Pleks

macavoy

May 27, 2009
Houston, Tx
Or he could follow more in the footsteps of Ryan Johansen or Seguin, high picks eased into the C position but eventually the training wheels had to come off

Bound to be growing pains but you don't learn to be a #1C in the NHL by playing wing or dominating in the minors

Oh you mean the Johansen who had success after he was sent to the AHL because of the lockout. That's exactly the point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad