Alex Galchenyuk

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Just hoping he gets to play on the top 6 regularly and on the PP.

If he does, I see him get around 45-50pts.

Also ideally we make room at center for him.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
If he can play top 6 and regularly he can probably produce 45pts.

Pacioretty Desharnais Gallagher
Galchenyuk Plekanec Parenteau
Bourque Eller Bournival
Prust Malhotra Weise
Moen Sekac

If these lines would be formed and stay like it for most of the year again I see him getting 45pts.

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
25 goals 40 assists. 65 points. Providing he gets 1st line pp minutes and not the last 20 seconds of the pp after Subban and Markov are done. And of course, providing he can stay healthy.

If Therrien continues to play him 13 - 15 minutes a night with pp scraps he will come in at around 15-20 goals and 25 assists. 40-45 points.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
He's going to play on the second line as a Lw with Plekanec and probably Parenteau.

If he stays healthy I see him putting up between 50-55points. Something like 18 goals and 35 assists.

Ideally you would want Galchenyuk playing with a sniper, he's one of the teams top passer and has great vision.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I dunno. Not sold on this guy. I mean hes "ok" but will he ever be a top forward who can do 40goals or 100+points? Somehow I dont think so.

Be a Hab

Sep 17, 2010
I dunno. Not sold on this guy. I mean hes "ok" but will he ever be a top forward who can do 40goals or 100+points? Somehow I dont think so.

Hard too say really. To me it depends who is linemates are. He's not a Crosby, Tavares or Thornton where you give theses guys Depuis Moluson or cheecho and they will still put up 100+ points.

But give Galchenyuk more time too develop and grow as a player and put him on a line with Pacioretty, I can see him putting numbers like 25 G 55 A 80P in 82 games.

This is only my opinion only time will tell.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
If he can play top 6 and regularly he can probably produce 45pts.

Pacioretty Desharnais Gallagher
Galchenyuk Plekanec Parenteau
Bourque Eller Bournival
Prust Malhotra Weise
Moen Sekac

If these lines would be formed and stay like it for most of the year again I see him getting 45pts.

That would be less than his rookie season with top 6 minutes and PP time...

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
It's a contract year for Galchenyuk so don't expect to see him get easy minutes, that adds up into $millions, if he gets 80pts in a season. Look at Johansson in Columbus, a yr. older but he's their top pt. producer, they will pay. Keeping the payroll within Salary Cap restraints is the big issue, not whether or not Alex can light it up or Eller for that matter, put Eller(C),Galchenyuk(LW) and Bourque(RW) and give them 1st or 2nd line minutes with rotating first line PP minutes. Then watch how explosive the Hab team can become, problem is paying everyone and keeping the team together.:nod:

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
Not sure why people put him in the 40-50 range for next year.
AG has been in the 40-50 point range his first two years. Last year he was injured and did not see much PP time. Move him to center and give him good wingers and PP time and he can easily in the 60-70 range. If he stays healthy.

Maffew

Born. Raised. Habs. Always.
May 14, 2010
Montréal, QC
I want to see him top 60 points. I think he can, and I'm optimistic that he can reach that level. I just hope he's used in a role that will allow him to score some more, because he definitely is capable of putting up tons of points, and we need more scoring compared to last year. 21st in league scoring for a team that had 100 points points towards the 6th place team defense as a major reason for success. I'd like to see offense contribute more to our general success, so we need to have players that can do that be given the chance to. Galchenyuk is that man on our team.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think if he stays healthy and plays significant PP Time he hits at least 55-60 points with 20 goals. I expect a good breakout season especially if he improves his quickness by a fraction.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Yeah. Being worried that one of our prospects breaks out and gets 80 points and then we'll supposedly have problems with the cap! :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He's averaged a .5ppg pace career wise already so I'll be disappointed if he doesn't crack the 60pt mark.

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
He's a natural talent with good experience for his age, but points production depends on how MT uses him. I hope he plays C and gets decent PP time, could put up 60+ points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad