Alex Galchenyuk

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
60 seems lofty.. considering that would have put him as one of the top point getters on the team.

I'd be happy if he broke 40-50 points this year.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
If he keeps working hard like he did in his few playoffs games, I think he will get around 55 points.

Anything more than 45-50 would be pretty good in my books.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
My guess is something around 40 points, and everyone starts to panic because he's not putting up 65+
Hopefully he can improve his shot. Accuracy and release.

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
My line wishlist:
Without a traded DD, most likely

Patch-DD-PA
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Sekac-Eller-Bourque
Prust-Bourny-Dale

With a traded DD
Patch-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Bourque-Eller-PA
Sekac-Plekanec-Bourny
Moen-Mal-Weise

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
My expectation is probably unrealistic, so I'll just say that I expect him to become one of our key players this coming season. He steadily improved and he seems to know what he needs to do to take his game to the next level.

As for which position, mainly used on the LW, but with increased ice-time.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Him getting legitimate top 6 forward minutes in all situations (and looking like he belongs) is my ultimate hope this year. I'd be very happy with anything over 50-55 points and at least some games at the center position. Enough babying the guy around Therrien, let him put on his grownup pants already !

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I'd be surprised if he broke past 40points.

He just hasn't impressed me so far in his career - great hands but he barely uses them, good solid frame which he doesn't apply, sporadic moments of vision...

I mean I know he's young but the benchmark should be RNH and Landeskog not Turris.

Galchenyuk's trajectory is more Plekanec than any sort of definitive star #1.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

He just hasn't impressed me so far in his career - great hands but he barely uses them, good solid frame which he doesn't apply, sporadic moments of vision...

I mean I know he's young but the benchmark should be RNH and Landeskog not Turris.

40 pts is under .5 pt per game and he's playing at around that rate since his nhl debut and from the looks of it, he should get top 6 duty in the upcoming season, why would you think his production would drop with a bigger offensive role?

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex

Galchenyuk PPG
2012-2013: .56 (11:16 ES TOI/G, 12:19 TOI/G)
2013-2014: .48 (12:20 ES TOI/G, 14:23 TOI/G)

RNH PPG
2011-2012: .84 (14:33 ES TOI/G, 17:36 TOI/G)
2012-2013: .60 (15:36 ES TOI/G, 18:51 TOI/G)
2013-2014: .70 (16:09 ES TOI/G, 20:23 TOI/G)

Landeskog PPG
2011-2012: .63 (15:07 ES TOI/G, 18:36 TOI/G)
2012-2013: .47 (14:59 ES TOI/G, 19:19 TOI/G)
2013-2014: .80 (16:03 ES TOI/G, 18:40 TOI/G)

Hopefully that gives a little context to the number variations between the three players. If there's a statistic for points per time on ice, maybe that'd show that they are not as far apart as you might think.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
40 pts is under .5 pt per game and he's playing at around that rate since his nhl debut and from the looks of it, he should get top 6 duty in the upcoming season, why would you think his production would drop with a bigger offensive role?

Maybe it's over-pessimism (I've been apartment hunting in NYC, awful) but with less offensive talent on this team with the departure of Vanek, Briere and Gionta I think that Galchenyuk will face tougher opposition and his production will deteriorate.

I wish he played centre and not the ucking smurf. It's such a crock of crap that DD gets our best wingers and our hope for a #1 centre is shoved to LW.

Oct 22, 2012
Maybe it's over-pessimism (I've been apartment hunting in NYC, awful) but with less offensive talent on this team with the departure of Vanek, Briere and Gionta I think that Galchenyuk will face tougher opposition and his production will deteriorate.

I wish he played centre and not the ucking smurf. It's such a crock of crap that DD gets our best wingers and our hope for a #1 centre is shoved to LW.

Funny, in one of the latest vs videos the habs do, Eller had to throw a football at a cardboard cutout of Galcheyuk and he said something along the lines of "If this is anything like on the ice it will be hard, because he's always moving, always out of position". He had success on wing in Sarnia, but this is a big step above that, just funny how Larry threw that in there.

On the other side of the coin, if Galchenyuk gets tougher competition, he gets more ice time to work some magic

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Yes, I think it is just that. Not sure how you can say you're being optimistic or neutral while being unimpressed with a 19yo who missed an entire junior season before his draft year, came back to play as a winger, go straight the NHL and manage .5ppg pace while playing on 3rd line minutes or facing tougher duties on Plek's wing.

Galchenyuk's production rate per minute in his rookie year was better than RNH or Eberle or Hall. Last year, pretty much everybody produced at a lower rate, some even had close to career lows. So I don't think you need to worry all that much, I'd be surprised if that was the norm.
Galy has been pretty impressive all things considered, I think you're being a little too pessimistic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad