Player Discussion Alex Galchenyuk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
Drouin is a winger playing like a center while Galchy is a center playing like a winger

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
I just want both Gally's to make a point of how great they are this season, opening the eyes of the people that overlooked them. We as Habs fans are quite aware how much these two can effect changes in the outcomes of games, either one of them or together!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Drouin is on the team despite quitting on his team. But he proved to be a top talent during the Playoffs while Galchenyuk was at home playing golf. The Head coach of that NA Team is the Oilers coach. No wonder why RNH is on instead of Galchy.

It's certainly not RNH vs Chucky.

RNH is a deluxe defensive center.

It's Drouin vs. Chucky, and no matter how you slice it, Chucky would be the best winger for McDavid (Much like Puj will become that guy in Edmonton)

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The day after all the teams revealed their full rosters, Scotty Bowman wrote an article in Journal de Montreal, I believe. In it he wrote that he was shocked that Galchenyuk didn't make the cut. His son Stan is on the management team and Scotty said he couldn't wait to speak with him and ask what is the reason Galchenyuk isn't on the team.

When they called up Trotchek instead of Alex, the critics spoke up again. It was then said that NA sees Galchenyuk more as a winger than a center and they replaced Monahan (center) with Trotchek (center). With Galchenyuk being more of a winger so far in the NHL, Chiarelli and his team haven't seen enough of Galchenyuk as a centerman to justify calling him up. Yes, he did go on a rampage as a centerman in the end last season, it's obvious they didn't believe it was enough of a sample size to consider him a center. I think it's a valid viewpoint.

Either way, stay fresh Chucky for the Habs!

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Galchenyuk scores 35 this year. You can almost guarantee a top 20 in scoring finish

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
hes a lot bigger, so here is my conclusion for the upcoming season

+ hes gonna be better along the board
+ hell be better at overwhelming his 1v1
+his release his going to be faster, so stronger

hence, i predict 40 goals 30 assists, 70 pts

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

He's ready now, DD and MT have done everything they can...it's Chucky's time!!

get25

Oct 17, 2015
Who puts up more points: Galchenuy, Radulov, or Pacioretty?
Doubt Galchenyuk can put 10 points more than Pacioretty.
Even if he gets more, Pacioretty will also get more playing on the same line.
At best he is going to be 5 points behind Pacioretty at 65 points.

To me it is going to be between Radulov and Pacioretty and if I have to pick, I would think Radulov will be at least 5-10 points ahead of any other forward in our team.

Even playing with Plek and Shaw, he is used to carry a line by himself.
In 2010-11 (at 24) he did 80 points in 54 games (1.48 ppg), 15 points ahead of the second scorer and 40 points ahead of the third scorer in his team.
In 2014-15 (at 28) he did 71 points in 46 games (1.54 ppg), 9 points ahead of the second scorer and 26 points ahead of the third scorer.
Even if you do not use the .83 translation ratio and use the SHL ratio (.57), his ppg goes to 1.5 * .57 = .86 giving at least 70 points.

Floor: 55 points, Ceiling: 80 points, expected: 70+ points.

Greek

Jun 10, 2015
Montreal

40 goals is asking a lot IMO. But following a 30 goal season playing center (for the brunt of his goals), I believe that 60 points is well within reason,p for Chucky.

Boyon90

Sep 23, 2013
40 goals is asking a lot IMO. But following a 30 goal season playing center (for the brunt of his goals), I believe that 60 points is well within reason,p for Chucky.

i dont think so,

hes gonna have more goals, and less assists

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I think he can score 40 just because he would have if he didn't miss open nets so many times earlier in the season. Once the accuracy came he lit it up.

I think he ends up with 30-35, though. He's talented enough to score 40, though.

Daniels45

May 8, 2013
To be honest I really dont know what Galchy will do this year. Last year was his first 30 goal season and most of his goals came in the second half when there was no pressure. Before I commit to thinking he can repeat that or more, I need to see how he does this year, but at the same time, Im highly enthusiastic about his chances.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
To be honest I really dont know what Galchy will do this year. Last year was his first 30 goal season and most of his goals came in the second half when there was no pressure. Before I commit to thinking he can repeat that or more, I need to see how he does this year, but at the same time, Im highly enthusiastic about his chances.

I think it has much more to do with finally getting quality linemates, minutes, and opportunities than simply "less pressure".

Daniels45

May 8, 2013
I think it has much more to do with finally getting quality linemates, minutes, and opportunities than simply "less pressure".

Sure you might be right. We will see. I remember AG getting many chances but missing the net in the first half of the season. Lets hope his shot has improved and can consistently hit the net this season. If he can improve on that aspect, I think he he can do better than 30goals this year.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I wouldn't totally discount the no pressure thing but he was still getting great chances at the beginning of the year but just couldn't cash in most of the time. It really just looked like he was working on his shot which I believe I heard.

he does look a bit more solid out there. When he took Radulov down today I was pretty impressed. Radulov's a damn strong player.

Pumped to see what he can do. I just think he's plain better than Pacioretty and if Patches had a real center the past 4 years Patches would've definitely hit 40 so I can't see why Galch can't. Still I don't think we'll have two 40 goal scorers on our team (god I'd lose it that would happen) but I think both those guys will put up big points together.

Patches and Galch have great chemistry. Galch really seems to bring out the skill and playmaker in Patches.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I wouldn't totally discount the no pressure thing but he was still getting great chances at the beginning of the year but just couldn't cash in most of the time. It really just looked like he was working on his shot which I believe I heard.

he does look a bit more solid out there. When he took Radulov down today I was pretty impressed. Radulov's a damn strong player.

Pumped to see what he can do. I just think he's plain better than Pacioretty and if Patches had a real center the past 4 years Patches would've definitely hit 40 so I can't see why Galch can't. Still I don't think we'll have two 40 goal scorers on our team (god I'd lose it that would happen) but I think both those guys will put up big points together.

Patches and Galch have great chemistry. Galch really seems to bring out the skill and playmaker in Patches.
That's true and it's been obvious from the get go (nine game stint between them). Patches can actually dish out the puck when he's with great linemates. Him and Vanek were making some very sick plays back when they played together.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
Galchenyuk seems to have great vision. The only thing that concerns me is his first step. He's kinda average on skates reminds me of Andrei Kostitsyn skating. We'll see if he can put it all together.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Galchenyuk seems to have great vision. The only thing that concerns me is his first step. He's kinda average on skates reminds me of Andrei Kostitsyn skating. We'll see if he can put it all together.

Not sure what you mean by ''putting it all together'' after a 30 goal season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad