Player Discussion Alex Galchenyuk Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
The Tankbuster edition!

The only acceptable goals by the Habs until end of the season need to be either scored or assisted by Chucky!

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Whats so upsetting 417, is hearing your GM say "maybe he'll never be a centerman, maybe its just not for him". It's allowed to get me upset.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Whats so upsetting 417, is hearing your GM say "maybe he'll never be a centerman, maybe its just not for him". It's allowed to get me upset.

It definitely doesn't make my blood boil but there was really no need for him to say it. I still think he tried to express that that wasn't necessarily a bad thing I don't think he meant it perjoratively but it didn't come off that well.

I just wish that maybe we could applaud the way MT and MB handled Galchenyuk's gf mini scandal thing. Or that Galchenyuk's inching his way and making real strides to becoming a super star.

I'm not talking about you specifically (I agree with a great deal of your posts) but I just see all this gnashing of teeth over assumptions made from the most ungenerous position possible that aren't even supported by fact. The whole kids not doing well and being ruined myth is getting pretty ridiculous. I can't even remember when we've had so many promising young players (more so forwards). Quantity and quality wise.

I've got a good feeling people are going to be pleasantly surprised by how our prospect pool pans out.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Why does that upset you though?

He said that last summer yet Galchenyuk has played center more than any other position this year

It definitely doesn't make my blood boil but there was really no need for him to say it. I still think he tried to express that that wasn't necessarily a bad thing I don't think he meant it perjoratively but it didn't come off that well.

I just wish that maybe we could applaud the way MT and MB handled Galchenyuk's gf mini scandal thing. Or that Galchenyuk's inching his way and making real strides to becoming a super star.

I'm not talking about you specifically (I agree with a great deal of your posts) but I just see all this gnashing of teeth over assumptions made from the most ungenerous position possible that aren't even supported by fact. The whole kids not doing well and being ruined myth is getting pretty ridiculous. I can't even remember when we've had so many promising young players (more so forwards). Quantity and quality wise.

I've got a good feeling people are going to be pleasantly surprised by how our prospect pool pans out.
IIRC....at the time Bergevin made those comments during that end of season press conference.

He and Therrien had already had their exit meeting with Galchenyuk where they informed him he was going to be playing center the coming year and they wanted him to head into the offseason, preparing himself to play center.

There's always way too much that's read into these press conference, which really, are meant to reveal as little as possible. Yet every year, it never fails, people hang onto very word Bergevin says like it's gospel

He's an awful public speaker IMO, he speaks like a former player...not the most insightful or eloquent guy (no offense) but I don't really care about that.

As for Galchenyuk, I think it's great he's put up the points the last few weeks but IMO, it has been a mixed bag. which frankly, should be expected, they've sheltered him for so long, at least now he can learn to play the position without the pressure of every mistake costing the team valuable points, it'll pay off big time next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jay Wolf

Jun 14, 2011

A month later at the draft, they told Chucky he was going to start at centre in the fall! :laugh:

For some reason, Marc has made a conscious decision to begin veiling all the inner-workings of the club with bulls**t. He obviously doesn't like the press. Michel J. Foxhole neither. "It's on me"... "That's second guessing"... "Maybe Chucky will never be a centre"... It's all evasion or smoke screen.

I don't know why anyone cares whether they speak French or not. When do they ever say anything meaningful??

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
A month later at the draft, they told Chucky he was going to start at centre in the fall! :laugh:

For some reason, Marc has made a conscious decision to begin veiling all the inner-workings of the club with bulls**t. He obviously doesn't like the press. Michel J. Foxhole neither. "It's on me"... "That's second guessing"... "Maybe Chucky will never be a centre"... It's all evasion or smoke screen.

I don't know why anyone cares whether they speak French or not. When do they ever say anything meaningful??

I don't think Bergevin hates the press. The smoke screen is all deliberately aimed at you ;)

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Should have picked Yakupov instead.

tumblr_mysinwmP0H1rge950o1_500.gif

Jaynki

Feb 3, 2014

When i listen to Bergevin and Therrien in a presser, it's like when i listen to the woman i talk to...

They will always say what you wanna hear, or say things that don't compromise themselfves.

So i'd rather judge them on what they do instead of what they say

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Chucky has been playing great he has 6 more points in 3 fewer games compared to last season. He also has cut back on penalties this year too with only 18 PIMs

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Chucky has been playing great he has 6 more points in 3 fewer games compared to last season. He also has cut back on penalties this year too with only 18 PIMs

One way to have your PIM totals lowered is to see less ice time, something MT contributed to handsomely over a good portion of the season. MT deserves full credit. :sarcasm:

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
When i listen to Bergevin and Therrien in a presser, it's like when i listen to the woman i talk to...

They will always say what you wanna hear, or say things that don't compromise themselfves.

So i'd rather judge them on what they do instead of what they say

Exactly.

Bergevin's a professional, he'll never backtrack on things he's done and he'll never second guess his coaching staff. Behind closed doors he might give them ****, but he won't say anything bad about his staff.

BomaLightDevils

Jan 15, 2011
Copenhagen
When is this guy gone score When it matters...?

Last year he Was cold the last 30 games plus the playoff..

This year he started getting all hes points When the team started loosing and your team Was out.

Lets see if he Can do it When the game matters and When the coach need a result.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
When is this guy gone score When it matters...?

Last year he Was cold the last 30 games plus the playoff..

This year he started getting all hes points When the team started loosing and your team Was out.

Lets see if he Can do it When the game matters and When the coach need a result.

He's still getting points and generates his fair share of offensive chances.

I'm bummed out he can't keep up his GPG pace though. Thought he could shoot for a 1500 goals career or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad