Alex Galchenyuk Thread 9.0 - #Goldchenyuk Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
This game is further proof he should be nowhere near the NHL this year.

Please do the right thing, Habs management.

I hope so too. I guess he'll have his chance during camp but he will to be lights out. And I don't think he will.

I don't want to look for excuses as well as I've criticize him a few times already....but wouldn't be surprise to hear about an injury. He looks slower than usual and it's not because guys around him are faster.

LeMAD

Mar 1, 2006
Montreal
lemad.freehostia.com
I get the feeling his relative lack of speed hurts him when playing on international size ice. He always look a fraction of a second behind the play.

And yes, he will learn a lot more playing in juniors for the rest of the year than on a limited role, probably struggling, with a really bad Habs team again this year.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I hope so too. I guess he'll have his chance during camp but he will to be lights out. And I don't think he will.

I don't want to look for excuses as well as I've criticize him a few times already....but wouldn't be surprise to hear about an injury. He looks slower than usual and it's not because guys around him are faster.

His confidence is really hurting and he isn't taking charge. I don't think he is injured but his tentativeness is more of a result of his current mindset.

He will be ok when he returns to Sarnia.

GalHabsGal

Dec 14, 2012
He got a very nice pass from Kuraly, for once, in the slot at the end of the period but the sweden defenseman did a great job to cover him! Lets hope the third period will start like the end of the second!

Last edited:

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Still wonder, to this day, what Housely saw in that line to not even contemplace mixing it up a little more. He changed his first line because he was unhappy of Grimaldi, yet didn't attempt something with that line who was way less dangerous. If you don't believe in Gally at center, which is the mistake to begin with, why not Trocheck at center, he played much better as the tournament progressed....Trocheck with Gally would have been so much more productive.

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
This game is further proof he should be nowhere near the NHL this year.

Please do the right thing, Habs management.

I don't get the bi-polar mentality of this board. Seems to me hockey is a collective sport evaluated on team principles. Maybe he has been given a specific role by Housely.

The only way your statement is right is if points are the only meaningfulness barometer. I think he has been playing solid games and has not hurt his standing.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I don't measure it by points. I measure it by in 4 games against quality competition (2 vs CAN, 1 vs RUS, 1 vs SWE), he's barely been visible 5 on 5.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
I don't get the bi-polar mentality of this board. Seems to me hockey is a collective sport evaluated on team principles. Maybe he has been given a specific role by Housely.

The only way your statement is right is if points are the only meaningfulness barometer. I think he has been playing solid games and has not hurt his standing.

His role is not to miss the net at close range. Or not find the open spaces. Or pass it behind a player. Or seemingly missing a step or 2 skating wise. He is seen as an offensive force, hence his presence on the PP. But he looked much more dynamic at the beginning of the tournament. Though he does look better in his last 2 games than against Canada and Russia despite the points.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I don't measure it by points. I measure it by in 4 games against quality competition (2 vs CAN, 1 vs RUS, 1 vs SWE), he's barely been visible 5 on 5.

He's also not played much 5-on-5 and his linemates are mostly incompetent and never give him the puck.

So there's that too.

I don't want Gally in the NHL either, because I want to maximize the tank so we can get another Gally-like prospect.

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Shawn Roarke ‏@sroarke_nhl
Galchenyuk doesn't have a goal in this game, but I think it has been his strongest game of the tournament. He is flying and playing smart
Retweeted by Rick Moffat

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Galchenyuk doesn't have a goal in this game, but I think it has been his strongest game of the tournament. He is flying and playing smart
Retweeted by Rick Moffat

Expectations were clearly adjusted. And I guess it's a good thing.

LeMAD

Mar 1, 2006
Montreal
lemad.freehostia.com
And again, people will be divided between two groups. One that think he's a future superstar, who didn't play well because of Kuraly/Housley, and another one who believes he was the wrong pick and that we should have drafted future hall of famers like Rielly and Grigorenko.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
And again, people will be divided between two groups. One that think he's a future superstar, who didn't play well because of Kuraly/Housley, and another one who believes he was the wrong pick and that we should have drafted future hall of famers like Rielly and Grigorenko.

The latter is not worth mentioning, only the minority. I personnally think that he will be a top player that will probably need a little more time than some think he should have. I would keep him in the CHL this year, in the NHL next year in a limited role and then you see from there, probably give you a great option as the year progressed.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Retweeted by Rick Moffat

I think today's game and the game against Canada on Thursday were Gally's best.

Montreal Impact FC

.:| Champ's City |:.
Jun 7, 2012
Montreal
Gally was playing like a soccer player just positioning himself in little pockets but rarely received the puck back in order to open other linemates back.. i get it. But when you see it doesnt work.. you try to adjust he didnt do it.. whenever its because he couldnt do it or didnt want to do it is irrelevant. I am convinced the bigger surface didnt help him.. he seems like a cerebral player who slows down the play pass it and be well positioned whe he gets the puck back.

I dont know... i sure hope if a season occurs he gets tested a lot with smarter nhl players who will actually follow his flow of the game or he can follow the flow of more structured players.

He could still be nhl ready.. but if he isnt well so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad