Confirmed with Link: Alex DeBrincat traded to Ottawa Senators

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Hopefully Debrincat resigns in Ottawa and they win a Cup.

Hopefully Korchinski becomes a 1st pp QB and we win a Cup.

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
I don't like the team Ottawa is building at all, if I'm being honest.
Their D is a little thin. Sanderson might be the real deal though.

Seth Jones would fit their timeline however...and they can have the cap space to make that deal work.

It's a pipe dream but whatever.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Like Toronto, Sens don't concentrate much on defensemen. They're building an entertaining offensive team but will not be legit SC material until they change that philosophy.
Yup. They literally only have Chabot. Sanderson hasn't proven anything yet. And even if he makes, that's only two top 4 dmen.

Even on the forward front they're making mistakes.

Like you have the 10th overall pick and you select Tyler Boucher?

And then they're handing out these massive unwarranted contracts. In no world is Tkachuk worth 8M per. Norris and Stutzle get the same amount after ONE good season, with no playoff experience.

That's the stuff that burns you.

Reactions: Panzerspitze

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Yup. They literally only have Chabot. Sanderson hasn't proven anything yet. And even if he makes, that's only two top 4 dmen.

And then they're handing out these massive unwarranted contracts. In no world is Tkachuk worth 8M per. Norris and Stutzle get the same amount after ONE good season, with no playoff experience.

They have Zub also. They're one good top 4D away from having a very good D (granted Sanderson is ready).

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
It said the sens are trying to sign him not that they are close. Stating the obvious no shit they want to try and sign him.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott

Sanderson hasn't proven anything yet, no, but he's a McAvoy/Heiskanen/Seider calibre prospect, and based on how he's played in camp, he'll have no trouble playing 20 minutes a night in the NHL as a rookie, just like those guys did. I'd put a lot of money on him being an all-star by the time he's 24.

A defense anchored by Chabot on one pairing and Sanderson on another will have zero problems. Then Zub is a quality top-4, stay-at-home defensman (granted they have to re-sign him after this year), and there's Jacob Bernard-Docker/Lassi Thomson on the verge of becoming NHL regulars.

They've also made no secret about being in on Jake Chychrun, so I don't think Ottawa is neglecting the defense at all. It's an obvious are of focus.

They're likely 1 year away from the playoffs, but things are coming together pretty well. You can't expect all of the holes to be filled in one summer.

Also, Tkachuk, Norris and Stützle are the exact players you want to give big money to. You want to pay players through their prime seasons (aged 22-28), not give them big deals after they turn 27.

I think Davidson is very much modelling his rebuild after what Dorion did, and it's the right call. There'll be pain for a while, and a few years of watching rosters with veteran filler, but by year 3/4, you'll have a top-end group of young players and will be in a position to start paying them and surrounding them with more established talent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Muffinalt

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Sanderson hasn't proven anything yet, no, but he's a McAvoy/Heiskanen/Seider calibre prospect
Maybe Heiskanen. I doubt he puts up the offensive numbers of Seider or McAvoy.
and there's Jacob Bernard-Docker/Lassi Thomson on the verge of becoming NHL regulars.
Those guys are bums and great examples of poor drafting for Ottawa. Could have had Tomasino or Pelletier instead of Thomson. Both consensus better players at the time, and still are.
They've also made no secret about being in on Jake Chychrun, so I don't think Ottawa is neglecting the defense at all.
Yeah they should no doubt acquire him. Their defense needs it.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Maybe Heiskanen. I doubt he puts up the offensive numbers of Seider or McAvoy.

Those guys are bums and great examples of poor drafting for Ottawa. Could have had Tomasino or Pelletier instead of Thomson. Both consensus better players at the time, and still are.

Yeah they should no doubt acquire him. Their defense needs it.

Bad take. JBD is a safe bet to be a steady 18-22 minute-a-night player in the NHL. He'll be paired with one of Chabot or Sanderson as soon as next season. Won't ever be flashy, but he'll help you win. I'm less high on Thomson, although he's got more tools, just less sense of how to use them.

Based on his numbers in the NCAA, no reason to think that Sanderson can't be a 40-50 pt guy in the NHL. His numbers as a prospect are better than McAvoy's were and are similar to Werenski's.

Ragging on Ottawa's drafting is odd. It's been very, very good.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Bad take. JBD is a safe bet to be a steady 18-22 minute-a-night player in the NHL. He'll be paired with one of Chabot or Sanderson as soon as next season. Won't ever be flashy, but he'll help you win. I'm less high on Thomson, although he's got more tools, just less sense of how to use them.

Based on his numbers in the NCAA, no reason to think that Sanderson can't be a 40-50 pt guy in the NHL. His numbers as a prospect are better than McAvoy's were and are similar to Werenski's.

Ragging on Ottawa's drafting is odd. It's been very, very good.
A guy scoring in college is a far cry from scoring 40-50 in the NHL. And I wouldn't take what Musto says to heart. He forms unchanging opinions of eighteen year olds and refuses to move on them.

Reactions: Giovi

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
A guy scoring in college is a far cry from scoring 40-50 in the NHL. And I wouldn't take what Musto says to heart. He forms unchanging opinions of eighteen year olds and refuses to move on them.

No doubt, but at this point, it's one of the things you can use to project what a player might become. It's no sure thing, but Sanderson has got quite a bit of offensive ability,

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
No doubt, but at this point, it's one of the things you can use to project what a player might become. It's no sure thing, but Sanderson has got quite a bit of offensive ability,
I'm aware of nhle and other projections. I feel they're flawed.

Sanderson is an amazing prospect to be certain.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Well nearly a year later and in a not shocking development

Debrincat won't sign extension with Sens and has provided them list of teams he would sign extension with for Sens to trade him to

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012

Well nearly a year later and in a not shocking development

Debrincat won't sign extension with Sens and has provided them list of teams he would sign extension with for Sens to trade him to

Will definitely be interesting to see what they can get & how it compares to what we traded him for.

Regardless we still "won" the trade because it helped us reach the goal of last season which was landing Bedard.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00