Confirmed with Link: Alex DeBrincat traded to Ottawa Senators

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
Hated the trade and want him back but no point to give away picks or prospects, that was the whole point in the first trade.

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Hated the trade and want him back but no point to give away picks or prospects, that was the whole point in the first trade.
yes and then time happened and circumstances changed. You would know for certain his number and years. You know you have a smaller franchise center. You drafted a defenseman.

Chuck Testa

Mar 27, 2017
It'd be nice to get a good forward (or two) to play on Bedard's line...

Don't want to see him out there centering Jujar Khaira and Boris f***ing Katchouk ffs.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Queue the patronizing soundbite of their front office after the trade.

Maybe you shouldnt gloat like that in public before seeing it through.

Hope Cat goes somewhere he likes for a huge bag.

It's sweet karma. Pierre Dorion deserves every ounce of this blowing up in his face.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

thedarkstark

Jun 22, 2012
DeBrincat is looking for a huge deal. He'll be 26 in December. 27 next year. Even if it only required limited assets in a trade, Cat's impending huge deal does not match the Hawks' timeline. We've been talking about smart cap management until we're ready in Oct. '25.
This is why I never understood the uproar over the trade. I wasn't happy about trading him, just like I wasn't happy about trading Kane but ultimately those were the smart moves.

People think/thought we could have gotten more but I'm not entirely sure that's true. Good GMs foresaw a scenario like this playing out & didnt feel it worth the risk.

Maybe we could have gotten a bit more juice but then KD might not have gotten the prospect he wanted in last years draft.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Being local to Ottawa I am routing for them regardless of what they can get in return for Cat.
They have a good young team that is only shy a goalie and some depth up front and on D.
They're only a few players away in my estimation from being in the dance plus a year or so of marination of their young stars.
Maybe they can land one of those needs in a trade with Debrincat. Maybe even two, given that they aren't needing star players. I think there can be a win win win here with all parties getting what they want or more importantly need.

ColbyChaos

Marty Snoozeman's Father
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Queue the patronizing soundbite of their front office after the trade.

Maybe you shouldnt gloat like that in public before seeing it through.

Hope Cat goes somewhere he likes for a huge bag.
“Sorry for your 40 goal scorer”

Literally the phone wasn’t even in a call Dorion was an absolute clown. I would love to see the uproar if he signs back here as a FA

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Not totally your fault. Finding legit Twitter sources is a bitch these days thanks to Musk ruining the verification system.
It just showed up on my twitter and since I follow the real Friedman, I thought it was legit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad