Alex Chiasson hearing? upd: suspended for 1 game

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
"Not worth his time" in a 3-0 game with seconds left in the 3rd after he charges the crease and bumps Hutchinson in retaliation for a ghost collision/dive by Smith.

Edmonton's leadership group is a joke. Their response to getting shutout twice in two games is to turn down fights and make bush league plays in the dying seconds.
So you'd be advocating for Morgan Reilly to drop the gloves down 3-0 with the game over?

Guy is the teams only legit top 4 defenseman right now and he's supposed to fight at the end of a now shot game? Give your head a shake.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
So you'd be advocating for Morgan Reilly to drop the gloves down 3-0 with the game over?

Guy is the teams only legit top 4 defenseman right now and he's supposed to fight at the end of a now shot game? Give your head a shake.
If Rielly provoked a fight and purposely skated 10 feet to bump the goalie after a late shot (in retaliation for the previous play on Smith), then yes, fight. What other reason is he doing that for? Give your head a shake.

Reactions: Atomos2

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
If Rielly provoked a fight and purposely skated 10 feet to bump the goalie after a late shot (in retaliation for the previous play on Smith), then yes, fight. What other reason is he doing that for? Give your head a shake.

I wouldn’t want Rielly to fight but I wouldn’t blame an opposing player for taking exception and trying to take matters into his own hands.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

It's a better time to fight than when they are trying to win. Him in the box for 5 minutes is much worse for the team. Then again the team does a good enough job sewering themselves, so why not.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
I see it objectively. The full video shows Chiasson engaging in front of the net and then Bogosian skates up ice face-to-face with him asking for the fight. The above stick play happens after.

You don't act like you want the fight and then refuse, only to pull this garbage later. Reminiscent of Lemieux-Gudbranson. Bogosian is not getting an instigator when the other player is playing pretender.

Nurses's "impact" is irrelevant when the game's over. He has no problem going after Mikheyev or charging the crease but when it's Bogosian (or I guarantee Simmonds next game), he's all of a sudden too good for it.
Mikheyev is not a useless goon or a washed up 4th liner like Simmonds. We got people like Khaira for those. Agitators engage , goons fight. Guys like Chiasson, Puljujarvi etc does not fight even if they are big'ish. Im sure you got some on TOR as well. If it was Khaira pulling on the stick of one of TML 3rd liner would you expect them to drop the gloves in the last min of a game? Thornton vs Khaira?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Video looks pretty tame. If him and Vesey weren't on the ice when time expired and he came off the bench and did this as he left the ice that's pretty dirty and prehaps understandable as that's a no no. If they were on the ice as time expired then it's less serious and I'm surprised this was the thing that broke the Leafs "streak"

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
I wouldn’t want Rielly to fight but I wouldn’t blame an opposing player for taking exception and trying to take matters into his own hands.
Rielly is a completely different player stylistically, so the comparison is weird. Nurse has a long rap sheet and has fought worse players before. Again, if you are instigating and looking to provoke a situation in the dying seconds of a game, why turn down the fight when challenged? If you are above fighting other team's enforcers, then do not play that game. Not going to continue repeating the same thing here. Bottom line it's a bad look.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Smith got unintentionally sticked across the face, of course he was pissed, and in real time was hard to tell how it happened.

Given Kass went down fighting Bogo with a broken hand, losing Nurse to a pointless fight would be an absolute dagger. Zero reason to do that when they play again wednesday

Last edited:

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
It's a better time to fight than when they are trying to win. Him in the box for 5 minutes is much worse for the team. Then again the team does a good enough job sewering themselves, so why not.
Absolutely zero reason to want your one and only proven top 4 defenseman fighting at the end of a 3-0 game. Sheer stupidity.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
As someone who came of age during the early 90's, and saw players routinely mix-it-up after the game ending whistle, I can't believe we've come to the point of calling for a suspension for something we used to cheer for.
You will recall that it eventually came to line brawls before the puck was dropped. That was too much, and the NHL had to act to stamp out extra curriculars.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Chiasson's a joke. Biggest pretender in the league. Probably already posted, but Bogosian challenged him multiple times and he turned down the fight:

Not to mention Nurse refusing to drop the gloves against Bogosian as well.

Oilers are incredibly soft.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Well there goes the Leafs LONG streak of not having opposing players suspended. A bit surprising this is the play that ended it.
It's a miracle. I'm putting all my families wealth on the Leafs winning it all this year.

Too much is miraculously happening. It's written in the stars.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
Oilers are incredibly soft.

They are not soft by today's standard and Nurse is way too valuable to drop the gloves unless something incredibly major happens.

Also Kassian is hurt and teams have been taking advantage of it lately...

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
They are not soft by today's standard and Nurse is way too valuable to drop the gloves unless something incredibly major happens.

Also Kassian is hurt and teams have been taking advantage of it lately...
They just look and act really soft.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Crosscheck to the neck after the game. 1 game seems appropriate.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Absolutely zero reason to want your one and only proven top 4 defenseman fighting at the end of a 3-0 game. Sheer stupidity.
Imagine being in 2021 and not thinking Brodie and muzzin are proven top 4 d men.

Watching the Oilers has turned your brain into mush.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009
League that has no clue how to handle supplemental discipline still has no clue how to handle supplemental discipline.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If Chiasson did that to a Habs player, the Hab would have gotten the penalty.

Typical Leafs!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad