Confirmed with Link: Alex Burrows has announced his retirement (accepts coaching position w/ Laval Rocket)

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
He carved out a heck of a career. He scored some of the biggest goals in Canucks history and will likely be one of the most remembered Canucks of all time. Congrats.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Ray Ferraro made a good point.
--
What if Burrows doesnt score that goal against Chicago?
Would they blow it up? trade the sedins?

donut

Sep 5, 2012
A big reason as to why I started to follow hockey was cause of Burrows. Just the excitment and edge he played with made it so entertaining. Best of luck to him with his future endeavours. Thanks Burr!

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I wonder what Patrick O'Sullivan is saying on twitter.

He blocked me a awhile back
I'm assuming he is going on some massive rant right now.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
Against all the odds he had a great career in the NHL. My favorite Burrows moment has to be when he started to click with the Sedins and scored hat tricks in back to back games, one of which was a 4 goal game, iirc. He had a look of disbelief on his face like he was stunned at what he was doing.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
Such a good story on working his ass off to fulfill his dream of playing in the NHL. He was a great Canuck with some huge goals. Obviously his slaying the dragon is a goal I will never forget. And his OT winner against Boston was epic. Him ending Detroit's streak in 2012 was memorable too especially the celly.

If he wasn't going straight into coaching I would have loved the opportunity to let him play the last home game of the preseason on a PTO and retire on ice. Either way thank you Burrows for a great career in Vancouver with tons of memories.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Would be a fascinating alternate timeline to be sure.

Cant wait to read Burrows book. Possibly the most improbable path to an NHL 35 goal scorer we will ever see.

tbh, i actually would like to see him be honest about the thing he said to patrick o'sullivan, and (if true) what he said to tootoo. i don't mean honest as in admitting to those things, which he has admitted to re: POS, but really owning up to his thought process, the way it changed, and (if this is really how he feels) the shame and regret he has looking back.

that would be a really poignant part of the burrows story, which is such a rich and valuable story.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Alex Burrows exemplified perseverance and passion. He bled blue and green, played his heart out, and delivered when it mattered. Mr. Clutch a shoe in for the Canucks Ring of Honour.

THE Green Man

Dec 27, 2013
Narnia
RoH that mother****er immediately
Give it a year or two. The Sedins will get retired at some point this season you would think. They'll probably want to save a Burrows induction for the following season for another promotional night from a marketing stand point.

Shattered Dreams

Sep 30, 2017
Thank you for one hell of a career. The best Sedin linemate ever, the dragonslayer, the s*** disturber. I know they should wait, but how cool would it be to retire the Sedins the same year Burrows goes to the Ring of Honour. On the 50th anniversary season to top it all off.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad