Confirmed with Link: Alex Burrows has announced his retirement (accepts coaching position w/ Laval Rocket)

HSD19

Feb 19, 2009
Solid carrer! Will always be remembered for his clutch goals for us. Carved out a pretty impressive career from the ECHL to scoring 30 plus goal in multiple seasons in the Nhl.

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016

he may have been a controversial player with all his antics, but he'll always be our beloved dragonslayer

have a great retirement Burr, hopefully we'll see you working somewhere in the org someday

Last edited:
Reactions: mcnucker

GBHockey

Jun 2, 2018
It'd be good to see him take up a coaching role within the Canucks org. in some way. Feel like he's going to want to coach kids though and hope to inspire them to never give up on the NHL dream, like he never did.. and look where it got him. 913 NHL Games.

I'm still pretty gutted that he got traded to Ottawa the week before I visited Vancouver last year. Picked up a Burrows game worn I'd purchased at the start of the season and hoped I'd have been able to wear it whilst watching the game. As gutted as I was, it was overwhelming to actually be in Vancouver, in Rogers Arena watching a game. (Apologies for going slightly off topic!).

Reactions: LordBacon

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Scorer of arguably the biggest goal in Canucks' history. It's between his slay the dragon goal and Bure's OT game 7 goal against the Flames.

Reactions: pomorick

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Didn’t like all his antics but he was a warrior for us who played with his heart on his sleeve

Burrows and Sedins retire the same off-season

Fitting.

carolinacanuck

Apr 5, 2007
The Carolinas
dude worked his way up from the minor, minor hockey leagues with his tenacity and hard work. yup, he was an awesome example for others who hope to play and excel at ball hockey. oh, and he also played in the NHL :)

haha. great career, burr. thanks for slaying the dragon.

Reactions: Hit the post

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Thank you for all the memories Burr! Slaying the dragon is the happiest moment I've had as a Canucks fan & maaaaybe even as a hockey fan (over 2010 Gold)

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Would've been glad to see him get a pro scouting gig with the Canucks based in Montreal, but he'll be an awesome coach.

Toss up between Game 2 OT and Game 7 OT for his best goal. Carolina streakbreaker is up there too.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Such an inspiring story of hard work and dedication.

Such a great person

One of my favorite Canucks all time.

Good luck in your next endeavours

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
so it seems. good for him. i kind of expected him to jump into coaching but the speed impresses me.
I can only guess he may have thought about it as his playing days were winding down. They way he worked his way up to the NHL - you knew he loved the game & would want to continue be in the league in some capacity.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
I can only guess he may have thought about it as his playing days were winding down. They way he worked his way up to the NHL - you knew he loved the game & would want to continue be in the league in some capacity.

i did kind of expect him to go into coaching. still impressed that he didn't even take the summer off though. i see him as an nhl coach pretty quickly, but we will see.

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
One of the all-time great Canucks during my life, which about 30 years of it, I have been a Canuck fan.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Was such a great player to watch.

Congrats to Burrows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->