Prospect Info: Aleksi Heponiemi (2017, #40 overall), Kärpät (Liiga)

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
If Hepo were to sign his ELC for next season, the amount of games, nor where he plays for that matter, won't make a difference. Entry-level slide covers 18 and 19yo's, Hepo is currently on his 19yo season.

Only way to post-pone the year his ELC ends is if he stays with Kärpät (next season) and doesn't sign yet.
Oh yeah. That stuff. My bad. I still think he could make it just with his smarts alone.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
1+1 now. Almost put it in himself through the 5 hole but it didn't go over the goal line, so another player put it in.

E: 1+2. He is now PPG in Liiga.
Jesus. Even I couldn’t have expected this kind of production. I knew it was on the table but I thought he’d be around .75 with his size and all.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Jesus. Even I couldn’t have expected this kind of production. I knew it was on the table but I thought he’d be around .75 with his size and all.
Well, Liiga is filled with smaller players. Also Kristian Vesalainen from the same draft class put up 43 points in 49 games last year & he was a year younger. To there's some perspective. While the numbers are impressive, the fact is that he plays on what could be considered a super -team in Liiga standards & young players seem to do better in Liiga than ever.

Nevertheless a great pick on second round. Playoffs will be a good challenge for him.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Gotta say, personality wise he's been interesting to me; He's not exactly shy, but does almost zero interviews (which is strange because the Liiga rookies have been getting a lot of attention and all of them have been a part of a weekly youtube series, except Heponiemi), he hardly ever even smiles and doesn't seem to be shaken by anything. What I'm saying is that he has an unusually high concentration of ice in his veins.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Gotta say, personality wise he's been interesting to me; He's not exactly shy, but does almost zero interviews (which is strange because the Liiga rookies have been getting a lot of attention and all of them have been a part of a weekly youtube series, except Heponiemi), he hardly ever even smiles and doesn't seem to be shaken by anything. What I'm saying is that he has an unusually high concentration of ice in his veins.

He fits in with Barkov

Reactions: Haj

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I can’t think of a prospect who was more impressive that we didn’t draft in the first round. Trocheck maybe.

He’s going to be really good. Just wonder if he’s going to play for us. He is a great trade chip for that too 4 d-man, imo.

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
I can’t think of a prospect who was more impressive that we didn’t draft in the first round. Trocheck maybe.

He’s going to be really good. Just wonder if he’s going to play for us. He is a great trade chip for that too 4 d-man, imo.

Heponiemi may be the one that will bite us in the ass... But yeah, I would dangle Hepo before any of our prospects for that defenseman !

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Personally, I would trade Tippett or Denisenko before Hepo. Hepo is at least playing with men and producing at this point. Tippett hasn’t proven anything beyond junior level.
Same. Denisenko worries me with his production, but as a prospect I LOVE the skill set.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
2019 1st+ or Denisenko+ should be offered up first for the top 4 RD.

Tippett or Hepo would only need a 2nd added to land a decent #4D who may have #3 potential. Depends on the buying team and who they prefer.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Sell high on Hepo a former second-rounder, one of our value pick lately...

And keep babysitting our last few first rounders... If those don't pan out, there will be a market for Tippett or Denisenko later because of their pedigree.

If Hepo comes in the NHL and doesn't cut it early, we will have a harder time to find a suitor for a second-rounder with known size and speed issues IMO.

But hey, I like those three a lot and rooting for them all too... Just that my mind is on trading Heponiemi for a "ransom" since his breakout ! :)

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Trade Heponiemi + Pysyk + 2nd 2019 for Trouba...

Sign Panarin and Bob for free.

Trade Hoffman early for futures !

Man, I love Hoffman, but I'd rather have those Russkofs ! :P

See... Heponiemi is the first domino hihihi... And it could net us a pretty good D and futures for some 2nd rounders...

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
He adjusted to the WHL; adjusted to Liiga pretty fast... I know those aren't really comparable but he's so smart and sees the ice so well; eve if the adjustment takes some time he should be an excellent winger one day.

If we do part with him it better be a very good Dman coming back. I'd still be sad to see him go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad