Prospect Info: Aleksi Heponiemi (2017, #40 overall), Kärpät (Liiga)

Mara

May 10, 2011
We tried to sign him but at that point he wasnt sure he'd continue playing hockey.

Where did you get that? No mention of it in Finnish press of the time. It was reported that negotiations were ongoing but ultimately "they couldn't reach a satisfactory agreement". Donskoi "was disappointed" but felt like he had no chance make the team and didn't want to go to North America until he felt like he was good enough to make it.

Last edited:

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Where did you get that? No mention of it in Finnish press of the time. It was reported that negotiations were ongoing but ultimately "they couldn't reach a satisfactory agreement". Donskoi "was disappointed" but felt like he had no chance make the team and didn't want to go to North America until he felt like he was good enough to make it.
It was reported in San Jose his first year over here. He was considering walking away from the game, and didnt want to sign as he wasnt sure he was good enough to come over. Rededicated himself, and boom he is in the league.

Not sure how you could blame either side for any of it. Guy was honest about his feelings at the time.

Mara

May 10, 2011
It was reported in San Jose his first year over here. He was considering walking away from the game, and didnt want to sign as he wasnt sure he was good enough to come over. Rededicated himself, and boom he is in the league.

Not sure how you could blame either side for any of it. Guy was honest about his feelings at the time.

I see. His interviews at the time give the impression that it was Florida who didn't want to sign him, at least not on the terms he wanted (he made it clear he wanted to continue playing in Finland for at least one season, beyond that I don't know).

Last edited:

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
Trade Heponiemi + Pysyk + 2nd 2019 for Trouba...

Sign Panarin and Bob for free.

Trade Hoffman early for futures !

Man, I love Hoffman, but I'd rather have those Russkofs ! :P

See... Heponiemi is the first domino hihihi... And it could net us a pretty good D and futures for some 2nd rounders...
Shooters like Hoffman don't grow on trees and he is actually pretty good defensively. We need to keep and sign him IMO. The minute we let him go we'll be back to whining about needing a shooter again. What are Panarin's goals and assists again? Because we are full with playmakers already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad