Red Sox/MLB ALDS - Red Sox Lead 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Not being a smartass, what difference would that make?

The Sox have the best record and they end up playing the team with the 3rd best record, NYY instead of the Indians who have the least amount of wins among AL playoff teams.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Not being a smartass, what difference would that make?

I think he just means the Red Sox should be playing the Indians. Regardless, same four teams as last year and they are all very good teams. I'd be pretty surprised if the AL winner doesn't win the WS. And that goes for any of the four teams.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I think he just means the Red Sox should be playing the Indians. Regardless, same four teams as last year and they are all very good teams. I'd be pretty surprised if the AL winner doesn't win the WS. And that goes for any of the four teams.

The Dodgers have alot of power and excellent starting pitching but your statement is very fair for sure.Top 5 teams left to me are the 4 A L teams and LA

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
The Dodgers have alot of power and excellent starting pitching but your statement is very fair for sure.Top 5 teams left to me are the 4 A L teams and LA
I think Milwaukee is a lot better than people give them credit for. They easily could come out of the NL.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I don’t have the energy for Sox-Yankees.

Usually, just the energy spent rooting for the Sox is tough to handle, but the hatred I have for every.single.Yankee.ever, makes this such a daunting prospect that I’m not even looking forward to it, TBH.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Oh boy we get Angel Hernandez.
ALDS, AL WILD CARD GAME WINNER VS. HOST BOSTON RED SOX ON TBS:
Game 1 | Umpire | Previous Postseason Assignments
HP | CORY BLASER | 1 WC; 2 DS
1B | DAN BELLINO | 4 DS
2B | MIKE WINTERS (CC) | 3 WC; 10 DS; 6 LCS; 4 WS
3B | ANGEL HERNANDEZ | 9 DS; 8 LCS; 2 WS
LF | FIELDIN CULBRETH | 7 DS; 6 LCS; 2 WS
RF | D.J. REYBURN | [1st Career PS Assignment]

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I'm pretty sure most if not all legitimate Sox fans are tired of Sweet Caroline and all that other BS. Just put a good team on the field and spend money to try and win. That's all I care about. I haven't been to a Sox game in a few years, the pink hat portion of the crowd can take Sweet Caroline and shove it.

I don’t think the Sox are any different than most teams in that regard though.

I mean the Yankees employ Sterling and Waldman.

Most teams must have their own BS, as you put it.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Yankees should be playing Houston in the ALDS and RedSox against the Indians. I think MLB is screwed up for playoff formats, why should the top team the RedSox have to play a team with a much better record while Houston gets to play the team with the worst record of the group?

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Yankees should be playing Houston in the ALDS and RedSox against the Indians. I think MLB is screwed up for playoff formats, why should the top team the RedSox have to play a team with a much better record while Houston gets to play the team with the worst record of the group?

The nfl is just as bad if not worse. 10 and 11 win teams can and do play on the road against 8 and 9 win teams in the playoffs.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
Obviously the A's had zero chance in New York, but you gotta say the Yanks are a pretty good team. They have holes, though. Happ starting 2 games in Fenway despite his numbers against us? Sign me up. Defense is also suspect.

My problem is that I am not sure if I am buying our rotation. Sale is not right, Price had yet to win a playoff-start and Porcello has not been great in past playoff-games either.
Would I be surprised if they went out against the Yanks? No. But home field means a lot against the Yanks, so I am predicting a win in 5.

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
The Sox have the best record and they end up playing the team with the 3rd best record, NYY instead of the Indians who have the least amount of wins among AL playoff teams.
The Indians won their division. It's the same thing in all four major leagues. Hell, the Bruins played the Lightning despite having better records than the entire Metro division.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
You’re having a hard time comprehending the Divisional part of the first series, eh?

Spanky185

Dec 1, 2014
Between BOS and NYC
ALDS, AL WILD CARD GAME WINNER VS. HOST BOSTON RED SOX ON TBS:
Game 1 | Umpire | Previous Postseason Assignments
HP | CORY BLASER | 1 WC; 2 DS
1B | DAN BELLINO | 4 DS
2B | MIKE WINTERS (CC) | 3 WC; 10 DS; 6 LCS; 4 WS
3B | ANGEL HERNANDEZ | 9 DS; 8 LCS; 2 WS
LF | FIELDIN CULBRETH | 7 DS; 6 LCS; 2 WS
RF | D.J. REYBURN | [1st Career PS Assignment]

So Hernandez would be HP ump for game 4 (if necessary)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad