Red Sox/MLB ALDS - Red Sox Lead 2-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
Ya I mean it would make sense if it's the A's against the Red Sox. Then I would expect everyone else to root for Oakland.

I'm confused by the point though because taking history out of it, the Rockies were the clear underdog against the Cubs. Inferior record, had to travel from LA, pitcher going on 3 days rest.

I was fine with the Cubs winning the WS when they did but that's it. It got annoying along the way and after that. The song, the flying a W, the celebrity fans, boy wonder Theo...I just got tired of it all.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Watched that game last nite and the catcher for Cubs was a real dick.Matt Holladay took a serious look back at him after a strikeout with the way he went on then on a walk he went on again a bit much followed by the fake injury freezing the pitcher .Baez video as well saying they are best team earlier in day was a bit much.Happy that team is out no matter who wins.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
You're right. Boston natives celebrities supporting Boston, Theo bringing the title to Boston, these things are just evil.

Nobody said anything about the Cubs being evil. I think I did use the word annoying and I stand by that. I don't have to root for Theo's current team just because of what he did for the Red Sox or because he's from the area. Why are you so offended that I don't love the Chicago Cubs?

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Ya I mean it would make sense if it's the A's against the Red Sox. Then I would expect everyone else to root for Oakland.

I'm confused by the point though because taking history out of it, the Rockies were the clear underdog against the Cubs. Inferior record, had to travel from LA, pitcher going on 3 days rest.

I was fine with the Cubs winning the WS when they did but that's it. It got annoying along the way and after that. The song, the flying a W, the celebrity fans, boy wonder Theo...I just got tired of it all.

Sweet Caroline, Brick Selling....I am sure I am forgetting a lot more.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I'm pretty sure most if not all legitimate Sox fans are tired of Sweet Caroline and all that other BS. Just put a good team on the field and spend money to try and win. That's all I care about. I haven't been to a Sox game in a few years, the pink hat portion of the crowd can take Sweet Caroline and shove it.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
How about Baez wrapping up Arenado on that ground ball. How is that not interference of some sort? Particularly after they had already called it on COL’s catcher earlier in the game.
Yah I didn’t get that either, but arrenado didn’t help himself laughing it off either. Think if he had made an attempt to throw it may have been called. I don’t care for either team and still don’t think of the Rockies as a real baseball team, but that game ended how it should have in the 9th in my opinion.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Happs in the bullpen, if the kid chokes he will come in.

I would not call it choking. The kid can go 8 innings and still hit 100 on the gun so talent is there .Key for him will be if Oakland has men on base can he trust Sanchez enough to bury a pitch in the dirt with 2 strikes.If not and he is trying to blow fastballs past hitters then he could be in trouble.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I would not call it choking. The kid can go 8 innings and still hit 100 on the gun so talent is there .Key for him will be if Oakland has men on base can he trust Sanchez enough to bury a pitch in the dirt with 2 strikes.If not and he is trying to blow fastballs past hitters then he could be in trouble.
Yah, you’re right. I’m just trying to get myself into the right negative Nancy frame of mind so if they lose I’m not as bummed about it LOL I’ll save $25 being able to cancel mlb
tv tomorrow tho so there’s that lol

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I thought Oakland had a good bullpen? Looking like ours so far. The opener strategy looking shaky.

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
The A's haven't had a prayer in this game

Looking at the Yankees I see fewer flaws than the Sox. Better bullpen, good lineup, good enough starting pitching. It might be obvious but we REALLY need Sale, Price and Porcello to win the day. And based on health of Sale and playoff history of Price and Porcello...

Reactions: 22Brad Park
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad