ALCS: Kansas City Royals vs Toronto Blue Jays - Part 2

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
if there is one thing about MLB, you get rewarded for being a bad umpire.
absolutely ridiculous that in 2015 we have to deal with this crap in the top of the 9th of an ALCS game, it's unacceptable

Agreed. Idk who thought it'd be a good idea to have middle aged fat men staring down 90+mph pitches.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Navarro's at bat

iaPCmqw.jpg

Habitat

Mar 8, 2010
Winnipeg
Anyone else just feel awful for bautista. Played his ****ing heart out knowing might be his only chance at a world series

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Royals were the better team, plain and simple. Just perfectly balanced. Jays bullpen needs alot of work if the playoffs taught us anything.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
As someone who's been a fan since the dark ages, it's so awesome to see this team go to back to back world series.

Hopefully they win it this time. :yo:

P.S. I literally just discovered the forum jump feature. :help:

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Only reason I can think of is, once they subbed Martin out, does his replacement need to make an appearance in the same half-inning? :dunno:

Jays catchers went something like 1-18 combined in the series, so yeah not the best call there. But hardly the worst, on this night.

Jays giftwrapped this series for KC, sad to say. I think I'll tune out Mike Wilner right about now, don't want to hear the barrage of calls he's going to face. :laugh:

No they could have kept Goins in, or brought in Pennington, then subbed Navarro in the bottom of the 9th if it got to that point.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
The offense? Sure. The pitching? Other than Stroman there's really nothing at all to be excited about unless they can re-sign Price or get a couple of guys like Leake and Zimmermann or something.

They should be able to find some arms atleast of the Buehrle/Estrada caliber. It's not like it was a strength. But they got it done with what they had.

Good luck Mets.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Disappointed for the Blue Jays, they are certainly worthy of the World Series and would've been fun to see for Toronto and for Canada. Thought we had a Game 7 after Bautista's 2nd homer, and a shame he didn't get to bat again, frankly.

Well deserved by the Royals though, was pulling for them last year in the World Series, and will be again. Excellent team. Would be a shame if this group didn't get one.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I am a Jays fan so obviously it sucks to have a few iffy calls (homerun, balls/strikes) go against you in a pivotal game. But with that being said I do not wish for robot umps and I wish that their was no instant replay either.

The one thing about baseball is that it has got to be the hardest sport to umpire/ref of the major North American sports. Their are more bang/bang plays in baseball than any other sport. Calling balls and strikes would be extremely hard to do. You are talking about having to make a decision based upon a pitch that is thrown so fast that you may barely see it and it could be an inch on or off the plate or high or low. If you took all the calls all season long I would bet you that most umps have a well over 90% rate where they make the correct call. To me before replay it was ine thing that was great about baseball, human error. I love the added element that human error can factor in to a game. Yes it will have its positive moments and it's negative ones.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
That's going to sting all winter. Tying run on third with none out and he doesn't get a chance to go home. ****.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
I am a Jays fan so obviously it sucks to have a few iffy calls (homerun, balls/strikes) go against you in a pivotal game. But with that being said I do not wish for robot umps and I wish that their was no instant replay either.

The one thing about baseball is that it has got to be the hardest sport to umpire/ref of the major North American sports. Their are more bang/bang plays in baseball than any other sport. Calling balls and strikes would be extremely hard to do. You are talking about having to make a decision based upon a pitch that is thrown so fast that you may barely see it and it could be an inch on or off the plate or high or low. If you took all the calls all season long I would bet you that most umps have a well over 90% rate where they make the correct call. To me before replay it was ine thing that was great about baseball, human error. I love the added element that human error can factor in to a game. Yes it will have its positive moments and it's negative ones.

Human error is absolute ********. It's not fun at all when you're determining games because an idiot ump couldn't see ****.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009

Good post. Most umps are at the 95% mark these days, the standard issued by the MLB used to only be 90%.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad