ALCS: Kansas City Royals vs Toronto Blue Jays - Part 2

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
So fox makes commercial showing Mets vs royals when game 6 isn't finished. The iffy homerun call which should of been ground role double and the horrible ump decisions in the 9th. Ya this league isn't fixed for ratings at all.

Thanks, Don Cherry.

I'm sure you'll be shoveling the same garbage in another hour or so on HNIC.

I dislike the Royals but the better team won. Toronto had their chances and have supposedly the MVP of the league at the plate to either tie or take the lead in the 9th.

Didn't happen.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Thanks, Don Cherry.

I'm sure you'll be shoveling the same garbage in another hour or so on HNIC.

I dislike the Royals but the better team won. Toronto had their chances and have supposedly the MVP of the league at the plate to either tie or take the lead in the 9th.

Didn't happen.

Right on cue.

It's ok though, Cherry said Zaun said it was a balk which must make it true. :sarcasm:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
So fox makes commercial showing Mets vs royals when game 6 isn't finished. The iffy homerun call which should of been ground role double and the horrible ump decisions in the 9th. Ya this league isn't fixed for ratings at all.

If the league is fixed for ratings, the World Series wouldn't be Mets/Royals.

It'd be Yankees/Cubs or whoever/Cubs.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
If the Jays go into the season with a starting 5 of Stroman, Estrada, Sanchez/Osuna, Dickey, and Hutchinson, I would bet a good amount they miss the playoffs.

Whoever signs Estrada will not be happy.

Toronto went an entire season without Stroman, their best pitcher, as part of their staff. They shouldn't have any issues winning 90+ games with Stroman, Estrada, Sanchez, Dicky, Hutch/whoever.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Toronto went an entire season without Stroman, their best pitcher, as part of their staff. They shouldn't have any issues winning 90+ games with Stroman, Estrada, Sanchez, Dicky, Hutch/whoever.

That's fairly disingenuous because Price was their best pitcher and they were a .500 team until they got him. To be fair Price only pitched every 5 days and the offence was mostly responsible, but Stroman hasn't shown he can anchor a pitching a staff the way Price did this year.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

Or we could sign one of the million free agent pitchers this off season. I would much rather not go into the season expecting to win with a rotation like you posted, basically counting on Estrada not falling back to earth, Sanchez not sucking and Hutch finding consistency.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town

Oh gosh :laugh::laugh:. If only baseball were that easy, the Nationals would be looking for their 4th straight World Series.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
it's amazing that all toronto has to do is have those 5 guys in their rotation and aren't planning to have any starting pitching injuries at all in 2016. we should revisit this thread same time next year.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank

Yeah no. If the record before Price was 52-51, there's no reason to think that this rotation is enough to get you 90+ wins. Not to mention, injuries and sucking.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario

As has been mentioned there was this tiny little trade for an ace that may have had a bit more to do with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad