ALCS: Kansas City Royals vs Toronto Blue Jays - Part 2

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
The 2015 World Series will be the first one where one of the original 16 teams is not playing.

That's pretty impressive. I even double checked because I wasn't sure the Orioles were one of the original teams. I knew they were the Browns before but forgot that the Milwaukee Brewers existed in 1901 before becoming the Browns.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Well, Royals in 6, i got one prediction right finally. Glad that the best team in baseball advanced here. Cannot wait for one of the best World series ever.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Meh they need a #2 and a #3 starter and a total new bullpen, and they traditionally don't spend much.

But AA is totally someone who just sits around all winter and likes to run with the status quo. Anybody that thinks AA is just gonna sit on his hands all winter and go into next year with the pitching we have right now is crazy.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Meh they need a #2 and a #3 starter and a total new bullpen, and they traditionally don't spend much.

I think the boost they got from this run will show Rogers what happens when they allow AA to spend.

I'd like to see Price back, I hope they at least offer him something. But I still don't think AA is going to go into next season with the same lineup. He always seems to think of something that not many 'insiders' expect.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007

Why do they need a #2 and #3

If the season started today. Stroman is there ace, Estrada #2 and Sanchez #3

They need a 4-5 guy and a couple of middle relievers and a set up guy. It's not horrible but can definitely use a few tweaks

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Why do they need a #2 and #3

If the season started today. Stroman is there ace, Estrada #2 and Sanchez #3

They need a 4-5 guy and a couple of middle relievers and a set up guy. It's not horrible but can definitely use a few tweaks

Sanchez is still unproven and Estrada is a free agent.

Stroman, FA, Dickey, Hutch, Sanchez.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Sanchez is still unproven and Estrada is a free agent.

Stroman, FA, Dickey, Hutch, Sanchez.

Estrada will be resigned he loves it in Toronto and so does his wife. I think aa will let price walk and just give Estrada what he wants. He was their best pitcher in the playoffs.

Sanchez was 9-6 before his injury and then became one of the better set up guys in the mlb down the stretch

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Estrada will be resigned he loves it in Toronto and so does his wife. I think aa will let price walk and just give Estrada what he wants. He was their best pitcher in the playoffs.

Sanchez was 9-6 before his injury and then became one of the better set up guys in the mlb down the stretch

Seriously I have no idea what to expect from Estrada. Waiting for him implode but he's been remarkably consistent.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007
Seriously I have no idea what to expect from Estrada. Waiting for him implode but he's been remarkably consistent.

Same but he was so damn good down the stretch and in the playoffs, I think he has finally figured it out.

And just to put this in perspective aa picked him up to be a bullpen guy and then in my eyes became the jays best pitcher.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS

Estrada will not get whatever he wants. At this point I would offer him a qualifying offer I think that's 15.8 Million if he accepts that there really isn't much risk for the Jays. As for Sanchez when he was in the rotation he was one of the worst starters in baseball....to count on him for anything out of the rotation is a mistake.

CgyFlamesftw

Apr 28, 2009
So fox makes commercial showing Mets vs royals when game 6 isn't finished. The iffy homerun call which should of been ground role double and the horrible ump decisions in the 9th. Ya this league isn't fixed for ratings at all.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
So fox makes commercial showing Mets vs royals when game 6 isn't finished. The iffy homerun call which should of been ground role double and the horrible ump decisions in the 9th. Ya this league isn't fixed for ratings at all.

Because Kansas is such a ratings magnet. :laugh:

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
If I were the Jays, I'd trade Encarnacion for a starting pitcher that is cost-controlled (Salazar?) and sign Chris Davis. They need a left handed bat.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Really dont think Estrada is coming back. He was amazing for the Jays and this is his one real chance to pick where he plays and cash in. Big time. His playoff performance definitely earned him some more money.

Though....as mentioned he seems very happy in Toronto so who knows. Whoever signs him better realize they need to sign Navarro as well.

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
Because Kansas is such a ratings magnet. :laugh:

I'd poke fun at the continuous geographical misunderstandings such as this and the sign in Toronto that read "Royals, you're not in Kansas anymore" (we never were) but there's probably a lot of Americans who couldn't tell you which is Canada and which is Mexico so darn.

JS19

Legends Never Die
Aug 14, 2009
The Shark Tank
I'd poke fun at the continuous geographical misunderstandings such as this and the sign in Toronto that read "Royals, you're not in Kansas anymore" (we never were) but there's probably a lot of Americans who couldn't tell you which is Canada and which is Mexico so darn.

I was too lazy to type in City. LOL @ assuming I don't know the difference between Kansas City, and Kansas.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad